Night at the Hospital [PPHS Jam] [Some Dude Romancin']

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Ran08
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: https://ran.itch.io/
Projects: Fate's Cafe
Tumblr: otometwist
itch: ran

Re: Night at the Hospital [PPHS Jam] [Some Dude Romancin']

#16 Post by Ran08 »

@CheeryMoya
Whew, I'm glad. I guess I'm just so used to otome games, so this is a really nice change for me. :)
Haha, but I liked him already when I first saw him! I love boys like that. ^^ Actually, the Vacuum ending is the first ending I got because... who doesn't love cuddling? :3 I made them cuddle every moment I could. Hahaha. I found them a bit funny. A bit ooc for Frank (but still so cute!), and super adorable for Luka! They just seem... perfect. ^^ Aww, I wish I saw them cuddling some more at the end though. :")

Yep, love is love! ^^ And it's a really beautiful thing. And honestly, even though you said it wasn't that romantic, I still think it is! :3 And extra fluffy as well. Wahaha. Yeah, there are lots of scary parts, but the cuddling makes everything so "awwww" :")

I don't know who I like better though. Frank and Luka, or Frank and Steve? :o I shall hold my judgment until the third ending! XD But I love them all equally. Mehehe. So adorable~

Aha~ Thanks a bunch for that! :3 Woohoo, so excited to get the other ending!
Looking forward to more! :)

Aseret
Regular

#17 Post by Aseret »

Just finished playing and like everyone else, I can't believe you made this in such a short time :o
I absolutely loved the GUI, art, music, and story (though it was understandably short). Just wished it was longer lol. Well, I finally got all three endings, with the help of your guide. However, I'm still missing the third and fifth CG?
Anyways, this was a great game and can't wait for you guys to make more in the future :)

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

I hate you guys.
I hate you guys so much.
I hated BL and now you made it look so freaking cute I just want to asdfghjklasdfghjkl-
Damn it.

Ehemm, yeah, sorry about that, but it's true. Luka and Frank were so adorable that I can't sustain this guilty pleasure :O
This is VERY impressive for being finished in not more than a week, the art, backgrounds and music are really marvelous. I would honestly think that this would be commercial if it wasn't short and..... well, not commercial. I've always liked Anna's art btw, her BGs are too stunning >u<

I got the 2nd end first which.......creeped me out. In a good way. Damn you.
The 3rd one's also as good. Thank you for answering my pyschotic fetishes in 2 endings, you have officially made me a serial killer.
The first one is really cute, I have no words to explain really. It's just cute and great ;D

I like the subtle touches you made to Luka's sprite on how he keeps fading oddly especially in the end. I admire everyone's writing and sarcasm, it makes the dialogues and lines really fun to read, I love them :D
I also went havoc on the tons of missing CGs I had even when I cleared all the endings but I found out that they change depending on whether Frank gives the jacket to Luka or not lol :'D
Anyways, this is such a lovely game! I wasn't too fond of it or any other games because of the BL at first but now you just make me want to rampage and crush the download buttons of every BL games there are. Nice.
Thank you for making this, I had such a great time <3

EDIT: Oh, forgot to say how I love those other sinister bits on the Yes/No screen and the journals are very nice touches ^^ Again, they're awesome c:
EDIT 2: I'm so sorry about that, I'm such an insensitive jerk :( Edited for the lack of good vocabulary, again, I'm sorry!
Last edited by ofdawnandtwilight on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by CheeryMoya »

Why is the rest of the team so shy

@awesomeautumn: Thanks for playing, we're glad you liked (and noticed!) all those little touches (◡‿◡✿) The ending screens were something that I added in because I thought it'd be funny, but they do end up leading to different interpretations.
When you read the Spectre ending you should understand that Frank knew Luka was a ghost the entire time, but he's not as hellbent trying to get rid of them compared to Steve so he didn't say anything. The only thing Frank didn't know was how long ago Luka died. The order of the endings that we hoped players would get was Possessive -> Vacuum -> Spectre, but with all those cuddle choices it's pretty tempting >_> Frank's extent of seeing ghosts will be explained in a future Journal entry one day.
Once again, thank you for enjoying the game!
@Vilhelmina:
Spectre is the True Ending because it's the only ending where Frank, Luka, and Steve leave the hospital intact, so that's why I made it so hard to get :'D Ironically, the choices leading up to it don't really involve Frank actively looking for Steve. A lot about this game is pretty ironic.
@Ran08: Hm, Vacuum isn't meant to be "cute" by conventional standards, but if you liked that ending Spectre should be up your alley.
@Aseret: I feel you when you say the story's a tad short, but we don't plan to extend the main script for Second Opinion. One factor going for this is because NoJoker finished translating the game into German and we don't want to ask for too much by the time Second Opinion rolls around. That and we've all got our own personal projects to work on >_> If you have Version 1.0 of the game there's problems with the CG gallery, but there's really only 3 CGs in the game. All those other spaces are for variations. Thanks for playing!
@nero279: We love you too (っ◕‿◕)っ ♥ I've got a personal theory that romantic games of any kind are often better when the romance isn't the main focus of the story (counter-intuitive, but then you have more room to think of cute headcanons for your OTP!). We're glad you still gave this a chance and you'll try out other games in the genre. But nooo never joke about "raep" that's bad :'c

As mentioned before, we now have a German translation thanks to NoJoker! We're changing the GUI and stamping out any problems there might be, and leon's trying to make it so you can switch between the languages in the Options screen instead of having to download different files altogether. We'll let you know when it's uploaded to the website!

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#20 Post by Akitsuki »

Finished, and got all the endings!
Yeah, I somehow always see Luka as a girl .__. He's just too cute xD
I got ending 1 first, then ending 3 and 2. I personally like ending 1 thou.

ayahdiamon
Projects: Rumor Girls

#21 Post by ayahdiamon »

Uwahhh, it makes me so happy that the game caught this much attention haha! And I think it still catching more attention! Pleasedontjinx

Good job everyone on the team and thank you to everyone who played the game and enjoyed it ; x ; <3

Ivealwayswantedtopostherelol

Arcanum
Veteran

#22 Post by Arcanum »

Sucha frustrating game! It's fun and very professional looking, but I can't get ending 1 no matter how I try =(

Anyway *coughs* It's a beautifully designed game with AMAZING graphics, and everything else, like the extras, with all its galleries, makes it really look like something official. I've paid for games that were less satisfying. I'm just really angry at that impossible to get ending XD Specially because I'm hella curious.
I really liked ending 3 so far, though I wish there was more of Steve haha XD The guy was such an idiot, I loved him and his relationship with Frank. As for ending 2, I love yanderes =D It's nice that the game udnerstands that cuddling some random stranger that you've never seen before is totally creepy! It definitely put a smile to my face!
Edit: Just after complaining, I managed to get that ending XD *playing it now* I'll be back later with more comments <3

Edit 2: A Hatoful reference! I'm in love!
"I may or may not have killed all the staff involved" D'awww. So sweet! (not) It was such a polished game, I only wish it was bigger <3 I can't wait to play another game by y'all!

magbie
Regular

#23 Post by magbie »

Heh it kinda cracks me up that people struggle so hard to get an ending I got at the first try ^^
*beams condescendingly at people*

Now that's out of way, I need to thank you for making this game. It was fun, and very polished esp. for a month of work. I think that, and Left of the Center will make me permanently your fan

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#24 Post by Anna »

You can also use the guide on the website if you can't get an ending.
magbie wrote:It was fun, and very polished esp. for a month of work.
Actually, this was made in ~5 days for the PPHSjam, after nanoreno.

EmTheIdiotWaffle
Projects: { Untitled }

#25 Post by EmTheIdiotWaffle »

I haven't really played this yet but by the looks of it, it might just be both scary and cute (?) for me at the same time. |D
I do love BL (even though I like GL more) and horror games! (Corpse Party, yes? xD)

So I'm avoiding [these huge-ass] spoilers in these comments for now until I finished playing it~
Oh, and I forgot to say that I love the art too! <3

Sochie

#26 Post by Sochie »

What is the actual name of the song in the game called "desperation"? It sounds so nice :)

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#27 Post by leon »

@Sochie: I think it's called simply Piano 13. It's by Maou Damashii (http://maoudamashii.jokersounds.com/)

Mini_Moshi
Regular

#28 Post by Mini_Moshi »

This game just looks so incredibly polished. I really enjoyed the story as well. I honestly can't believe how you could possibly have made it in so little time. You guys have some serious skills.

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#29 Post by arachni42 »

nero279 wrote:
I also went havoc on the tons of missing CGs I had even when I cleared all the endings but I found out that they change depending on whether Frank gives the jacket to Luka or not lol :'D
Ah-HA! I was wondering about that.

I got the vacuum ending first, tee-hee. When I opened this thread I was sold at the mention of cuddling.

And yes, very polished, very nice!
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by try10 »

YAY!! Another awesome BxB game! I was so surprised by the art. Everything looks gorgeous and I enjoyed every minute of it. I first got Ed 3,then 2 and finally 1. The endings were really sweet ( 2nd one was epic :D). Because Luka is so CUTE, I can see why people want to cuddle him forever. ;) Great job finishing this game! :)