Seriously dangerous female online

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Celestine
Veteran

Seriously dangerous female online

#1 Post by Celestine »

Has anybody heard about this female name Sophie M. Herold who had 2 blogs taken down. One in around March 2012 and another in same year that summer. Now she's being forewarned that it's now 2013 and she's back. I'm seriously mad about this. Why haven't authority been contacted? :evil:
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

pwisaguacate
Veteran

Re: Seriously dangerous female online

#2 Post by pwisaguacate »

Hmm, a quick search shows that she had been targeting the LGBTQ community and posting personal information (mostly names/addresses) and especially bothered the people at tumblr.

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#3 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Generally people like that have either been brainwashed, are insecure about their own feelings towards the same gender, or both.

But year, some of the stuff she's doing is really messed up. Compiling lists of addresses and photos of homosexual people, and encouraging others to kidnap the children of same-sex couples? That's pretty messed up.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#4 Post by dramspringfeald »

This doesn't effect me too much but those of you that are in the LGBT or any other of the hundreds of support groups you WILL be outed sooner or later. I'm sorry to say this but you will be. A friend posting a video online, Some catchy song or someone walking in on you, It does not matter. What does is being ready for it.

Knowing you will be outed will help you when you actually are. It'll be less "how did they find out?" and more "the hell took them so long?" your mind will have already been prepped and you won't go nuts and jump off a bridge... or at least will be less likely to do so. If you have to make an outing packet. Some LGBT pamphlets explaining what is going on and how THEY are not at fault. Maybe some dated notes and Journal entries showing it isn't "sudden" the number to the guy who knew from day one (Usually me) and some snacks high on protein because you DO NOT want to be crashing from energy drain after/during the talk.

Still be ready and know that SOMEONE knew since before you did and YOU WILL BE OUTED sooner or later.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#5 Post by PyTom »

The general forum is meant for the discussion of the forum and it's members, and for player-level discussion that spans multiple games. I don't see this as affecting us, and in general "don't feed the trolls" is a good policy - so I'm going to lock this thread.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom