When the Bells Toll-OLD THREAD-

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

When the Bells Toll-OLD THREAD-

#1 Post by Lishy »

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hey all,
This is the old version of our thread, and will no longer be updated.

What are you waiting around in this archive for? Follow our *new* thread here:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=27865

Last edited by Lishy on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:08 am, edited 62 times in total.
-

Lachez
Regular
Projects: Nakajo

Re: When the Bells Toll [Mystery, Psychological-Thriller]

#2 Post by Lachez »

I understand what you're going through when you say you've put your blood, sweat, and tears into your project. Working hard to save money and collecting your own resources you have my respect for all your work! I'm pretty much going through the same thing but I'm not able to save even a penny and spend money risking food or gas for the week to try and fund my project. It's not the easiest but working for something you love is always worth it.

The storyline seems promising and the art is amazing. I wish you the best of luck on this, let me know if you need someone to proofread or anything I'd be glad to!

Taosym
Veteran
Projects: http://lupiesoft.com/
Organization: Lupiesoft

#3 Post by Taosym »

Looks nice, I don't much about Canadian conspiracies but what you've told me of this project seems interesting. Hurry up with a demo!

DeeKay
Veteran

#4 Post by DeeKay »

Oh ! I was wondering when I'd see a WIP thread about your project ^^
This does seem intriguing, you've got me curious :)
Hmm.. While I do have experience in going through others' text, I've only gone so far as to make suggestions and minor adjustments. Not sure I'd be able to be an editor full time as I'm scheduled to help out in.. stuff, but feedback and idea bouncing should be fine.
Anyway, feel free to contact me should you need something.
I'm very interested in seeing where this is going ! :D
Good luck ! :wink:
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !

vividXP
Regular
Projects: "Almost There" (NanoReno '14)

#5 Post by vividXP »

Glad to see this thread up and going. I also think the work you are putting into this is admirable. And I hope for this project to exceed all expectations and then some.

Of course, Karga is my favorite character. I look forward to reading about her being a boss at bartending and life in general. things)
vividxp.tumblr.com
Wọn ṣe bí òtòṣì ò gbọn bí ọlọrò; wón ní ì bá gbón ì bá lówó lọwọ / People think the poor person lacks the wisdom the wealthy person has; they say if one had wisdom, one would be rich

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

#6 Post by Anna »

The art looks really cute, and I'm happy to see so many poses! And oh my god self-photographed backgrounds? Dedication!

I'm also curious because mystery and psychological-thrillers are pretty cool <3! I haven't seen many projects of this quality with such a genre.

Good luck with this, you can do it!

edit: holy crap this is a long game, best of luck! This will take a lot of dedication and time.
Last edited by Anna on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

#7 Post by teacup »

This premise sounds so interesting - I love conspiracy theories - and the art is good quality. But more than anything what interests me is your dedication and hard work you've put into this project! I know that the final product will be amazing if you have worked (and are still working) so hard. It's easy to see in someone's work when they have put a lot of heart into it. ^^
I really admire your commitment. Good luck finishing this, I can't wait to play it!

SelLi
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Silent Column Demo, Memory Mage
Projects: The Silent Column, A Lily from the Lightless Water, A Castle on an Island
Deviantart: SelLillianna
itch: SelLillianna

#8 Post by SelLi »

wow. :) This does look good. I'm glad I came to this thread.
I don't often go outside my WIP thread. But XD I saw that TeaCup liked this thread and I thought if someone named TeaCup likes this then I should really check it out. So thanks, both of you.
(Kagra Frederique, 3 outfits on one character? That seems like a lot of work- good for you. Ahh, and she has more problems than just typical teenaged angst, that's really honestly pretty refreshing.)
I'll watch this thread.

I don't know if I'd be a reliable editor, but I'd really like to be a guy who you can bounce ideas off of in the future.

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#9 Post by pickle131 »

This looks great, and I love the unique concept! It's amazing how dedicated you are to this project. Being a Canadian who's been to Quebec a lot of times myself, I'm really excited to see how this will turn out! If you ever need any voice actors/singers for anything, I'd be more than happy to audition or help out in any way I could C:

Nuxill
Veteran
Projects: No Friend
Tumblr: nuxill
itch: nuxill

#10 Post by Nuxill »

I'm guessing this is being made with Nscripter? Or are you copying the style in renpy? The story line is intriguing; I just hope I'll be able to play it on my computer when you finish. :lol:

I can't even image writing around 66 hours worth of reading..... what kind of word count would that even be? How far are you into writing it?

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Lishy »

Nuxill wrote:I'm guessing this is being made with Nscripter? Or are you copying the style in renpy?
We are imitating Nscripter within RenPy.
Anna wrote:The art looks really cute, and I'm happy to see so many poses! And oh my god self-photographed backgrounds? Dedication!

I'm also curious because mystery and psychological-thrillers are pretty cool <3! I haven't seen many projects of this quality with such a genre.
The current BG count for Arc 1 are 842 different filtered photos I had to edit manually. Surprisingly enough, that is only a tiny fraction compared to all the photos I've actually taken for the VN.

Edit: As of Sep 21st 2013, I have 10,000 different photographs I've taken for this VN.
Last edited by Lishy on Wed May 07, 2014 3:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
-

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#12 Post by sake-bento »

The Higurashi influence is pretty heavy in this, but I liked Higurashi, so I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Lishy »

-
Last edited by Lishy on Wed May 07, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-

deviltales
Regular

#14 Post by deviltales »

My favorite genres. I'll stalk this, if you don't mind. I wish you good luck!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Lishy »

deviltales wrote:My favorite genres. I'll stalk this, if you don't mind. I wish you good luck!
I don't mind. In fact, feel free to spread the word! ;)

For anyone who wishes to show their support, we've produced a banner to promote this VN:

Add this to your signature:

Code: Select all

[url=http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=20313][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v626/pokeman/wtbt.png:original[/img][/url]
-