Days of the Divine [fantasy otome] [NaNoRenO 2013] + Android

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Anna
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Binary Soul, Days of the Divine, Nanolife, Firefly
Projects: current: Path of Dreamers
Organization: Circle Pegasi

Re: Days of the Divine [fantasy otome] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#31 Post by Anna »

Oh dear so many comments haha, I'm sorry for being late and thank you for all your thoughts!
pwisaguacate wrote: I have no problems loading the game. One thing I noticed in both games was that right clicking or the ESC button doesn't open up the menu as stated in the guide (not a big deal because of top bar / texbox buttons).
Actually, the top bar is the menu bar - in windowed mode, it's always visible for convenience's sake.
Littlesnow wrote:THE GAME LOOK SO WONDERFUL :D
I want to play it so much, but my computer can't download the .exe file windows version. It could only run .zip. Could anyone help me with what I should do? Thank you. :?:
Mediafire randomly fails downloading at times, can you try again?
yundun63 wrote:Update; the grampa is an asshole, I honestly hate and love him at the exact same time. I like all the other characters though, especially Liufan :) ... Also I felt really weird trying to get Maru's path because... I mean come on, look at him... He looks so young!
Also I was a little disappointed with Liufan's end... I don't want to say why though because I don't know how to do the spoiler hiding thingy. All in all, good game.
Yep, grandpa is a jerk :'D.

And about Liufan, was it because of (spoiler)
the ending not being very romantic? It was very very subtle yeah, but I wanted to hint at them going out from that point on. Or because of grandpa's death? Those are the reasons I've heard so far :).
(/spoiler)

^I hid my spoiler by writing [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] without the space by the way. If you click the spoiler button above your reply window, you'll also be able to get them.

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#32 Post by Anna »

We updated the game to version 1.2 now, which should take care of most bugs reported so far (will update it again if it doesn't). Thanks to everyone who let us know about them so far! :)

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#33 Post by destiny_921 »

Just completed the game, and oh wow.

I played Liufan's route first, then Maru's and lastly - Senrei's. Spoiler tag warning C:

Review of All Characters (Including Protag, Romances, Side-Chars.etc)
Biyu
Oh boy, did I enjoy playing a shrine maiden who kicks butt! Mantras that can seal and kill, and prayers that have affects on - well -everything? Heck yes. Biyu really is an amazing character - someone that genuinely stands out. Her dialogue was fairly amusing, heart-wrenching and definitely relatable. Her waking-up-late for her duties thing made me grin (and smirk) cause I sorta do the same thing which annoys my mother quite a bit :lol:

Grandpa
Thank the Maker that I have my own laptop so that I can play in my own room. I swear, I didn't I would be playing in the hall and my parents would probably be questioning me if I'm okay and perfectly sane cause I couldn't stop laughing. The dang grin wouldn't leave my face. My cheeks hurt, by the way. I burst out laughing at the part where Biyu found out that her grandfather stuck a note on her room door with a sword. :lol:

Liufan
The guy best friend who's le epitome of chivalry (Y) I went all "Nuuu!" when I found out he lost his memories. (Poor Biyu!) Sweet but not overly sweet to the point where I can get diabetes (heh) - seriously, his protectiveness and integrity are really touching. I mean come on, beside despite being an amnesiac he still has his moral values. (Reminds me of Rurouni Kenshin!) *approves* And that's not even mentioning the awesome cooking yet! And the kickass sword.

Maru
One word. ADORABLE. He's so cute (and one just cannot help but 'squee'! :D Adorable, but still can kick butt? Awe-some. Seriously. Though, when he was all sad I just wanted to have Biyu hug him. Y NO HUG OPTION But yeah. He reminds me a tad of Naruto (ya know, he's so darn good and with his big blue eyes... *cough*) with his loveable personality. The play scene made me smileeeeeee :D Like really. I was all "D'awww!" His insecurity is quite heart-rendering.

Senrei
My official response: "...." SERIOUSLY. WHY DID YOU GUYS TUG AT MY HEARTSTRINGS? While playing all routes, I loved him, disliked him, sympathized with him, felt compassion for him, and just wanted to facepalm at his stubbornness sometimes. You guys really did an outstanding job on him. Quick-tempered but secretly is a good guy who, as Hermione said, "has the emotional range of a teaspoon" with the not-listening-but-just-reacting kinda attitude. But when you find out all the reasons . . .

Side-chars
The scenes and dialogue with them were nicely fleshed out. Really, really realistic. Plus, they slotted into the storyline perfectly. Nicely done!
Art/Graphics
Me likey. This was pretty well done for a month-long project! I'm not much of an artist, but I loved the style. It fitted with the Asian elements kinda theme you had going on, so much kudos :) The art fitted with the characters and their personalities too!

Sound/Music
Didn't notice any errors if there were any. I felt that it flowed really well!

Plot/Storyline/Writing/Dialogue
As someone who loves to write and has read (and still read) a lot, I found myself pleasantly surprised. The twists and turns came rather unexpectedly, and I saw that you guys sneaked some mystery in there...with details that were easily overlooked but actually played important parts in the end, together with some suspense (with the mist and Maru's actions). Devious people, you are! Some of the lines had me thoroughly amused and laughing/grinning while others tugged at le heart-strings.

Overall, I genuinely liked this game. It's most definitely one of my favorites and I hope to see more works from you guys. Another otome with elements like this, please C:
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

Torcchan

#34 Post by Torcchan »

Umm- excuse me, but what can I do with this 'error'?
Well, the 'error' doesn't make the game stop, but it advances very very very slowly x_x'

GL_MAX_TEXTURE_SIZE is very low: 1024
Graphics driver lacks openGL support.
Download the full driver from the manufacturer's website.

They appear on the top right of that white screen when the pegasi shows up for the first time.. ._."

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by Anna »

@destiny:

Thank you so much for the detailed thoughts/review <3! It was a pleasure to read and I'm amazed you discussed all character separately haha (in a good way, of course). We're happy we could make a game you liked!
Torcchan wrote:Umm- excuse me, but what can I do with this 'error'?
Well, the 'error' doesn't make the game stop, but it advances very very very slowly x_x'

Graphics driver lacks openGL support.
Download the full driver from the manufacturer's website.

They appear on the top right of that white screen when the pegasi shows up for the first time.. ._."
The error means the driver for your video card is outdated, causing performance issues. If you're using Windows Vista or newer, you can check the version of the driver and the model and manufacturer of your video card by following these steps:

http://www.ehow.com/how_8351810_tell-video-driver.html

You can then go to the website of the manufacturer (for example: AMD, Intel, Nvidia, etc. - you can use google to find it) and download the latest version of the driver for your video card.

If you have trouble finding it, you can also send me (a) the name of the video card in your computer and (b) the contents of a file named 'sysinfo.txt', which you can find in the 'save' folder located inside the Divine folder. Then I can find it for you :).

Virelai
Regular

#36 Post by Virelai »

The art is absolutely GAWJUSS. I love those historical kind of visual novels. so this seems incredibly enjoyable. I'm downloading right now, and I'm looking forward to it! :D

Torcchan

#37 Post by Torcchan »

Ah, alright--thanks for the solution-- >///<
But sorry, even after a day passed, I still haven't get anything...my internet has been very slow lately.. =="

But really, I admire your art-- and those reviews, which say that the plot and characters are great, are just....aaaahh! I want to play this soo badlyy!! I really wish that I can play this... QAQ"

ludeshka
Veteran
Completed: Hierofanía / Next Door Taker/Rhyme or Reason /Hierofanía 2
Projects: Hierofanía 3 (I swear it's the last one)
Tumblr: sillyraccoonknight
Deviantart: ludeshka
itch: ludeshka

#38 Post by ludeshka »

I really wanted to play this, but I got an error report.
The game doesn't properly start, I just get a black window called "Days of the Divine" then a little window pops up with this error.

It's possibly because my pc is super old, though. -_-
Attachments
error-report-20130415.zip
I got an error report -_-
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 65 times

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#39 Post by Anna »

ludeshka wrote:I really wanted to play this, but I got an error report.
The game doesn't properly start, I just get a black window called "Days of the Divine" then a little window pops up with this error.

It's possibly because my pc is super old, though. -_-
Thanks! I'll PM you with more information as soon as possible :)

lilyrose
Regular

#40 Post by lilyrose »

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE (*huff* *huff*) LOVE LO- ehh screw it just know I thought this game was simply amazing!!!!
Maru was, by far, my most favorite character!!!!!!!!!!! In everyone's path he plays a huge role (lmfao) and it was obvious in each role he cared for her a lots. And I actually didn't like grandpa much on his path but after I got done with Liufan's path grandpa seemed like a whole different person O.o lols and I'm sorry but truthfully I don't really have much to say about Senrei except he's kinda an hypocrite ^^' lols
anyways amazing job guys this actually inspired me to get off my lazy butt and try drawing the sprites for my new game in progress.......yea i probably need to play it again because im kind of putting off on drawing the guys....yea well I kinda don't draw them till i need them anyways but still.......^^' a-anyways great game!!!!!
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

Anna
Miko-Class Veteran

#41 Post by Anna »

We now also have an Android version available! It's amazing, it's awesome, it wants to be on your phone/tablet really badly, so get it here now~!:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oid.divine

---

@lilyrose

Thank you! Glad to hear you like it~ It's also fine if you don't happen to like Senrei, we've noticed most people who liked Maru didn't like Senrei all that much and vice versa. They're true rivals :')

omgitstay
Regular

Re: Days of the Divine [fantasy otome] [NaNoRenO 2013] + And

#42 Post by omgitstay »

I really like this NV! It is very interesting, and has really cute art and graphics. I honestly think it's a great success&I haven't had free time to play it recently but honestly I think I've fallen in love with it >o<'

TheOneTwo
Regular

#43 Post by TheOneTwo »

This is the epitome of awesomeness. Woah. It's so pretty! And the plot is incredible. Nice job! :D
Bish please, I'm fab.

LliiraAnna
Regular

#44 Post by LliiraAnna »

The biggest problem I've had with this game is that I couldn't get off of Senrei's route - no matter what I've chosen, I've always ended up with him XD Then I've started to randomly click on the dialogue options, and hurray - I was finally able to get on Maru's path. Now only Liufan...
That is a really, really great VN. I loved the characters. I loved art. I loved... everything x) Definitely one of the best novels I've ever played. Thank you for all your hard work.

Akuni
Regular

#45 Post by Akuni »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Akuni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.