School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

Re: School Memories [GxB] [Friendship]

#46 Post by GeneDNC »

Morishita wrote:That is very true about the deadline. This is actually really helping me from burning out with all the art for the game and my comic work. Thank you for the reassurance, I don't feel to bad now ^^ I didn't think it would come out looking so grainy in the gif file when I exported it with photoshop but I'm happy to see that it doesn't effect the animation to much when it comes to enjoying how it play's through :D Thank you GeneDNC~
It's my absolute pleasure. I must say I am quite taken with this game, it looks like it will be super entertaining and of course the latest gif is golden. ^__^ I think it's a good idea to post sketch, blurred or even just parts of images so some surprises are left for the game. Once again good luck working on this and the NaNoRenO project.

I don't know if this has been asked, but is your animation just made up of the individual consecutive images or do you use some sort of program too?

Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

#47 Post by Morishita »

silenteve wrote:OMG your gifs are so cute :D I don't think that there's an actual coat that looks like that but I want one now anyways. Amazing work so far :)
The coat that I had was really close to that one that she is wearing. It was one of those over-protective mother type of coats. It didn't cover all the way down to my feet but it did cover my upper body and it made me look really round and puffy but it really kept me warm so I really l liked it. *To bad it's gone now, I think the feathers started coming out of it TT.TT&
Shya wrote:This seems like a really cute game! : D The art is really good - I mean your backgrounds are amazing!!!
I'm going to keep an eye on this game!
Thank you Shya~ I hope you'll be able to enjoy it even more when I release it later on :D

Thank you GeneDNC~
With the animation I just drew them in Sai and then transferred over to photoshop and put them in the choppy animation. It won't look like an actually smooth moving cartoon, it will basically look the way I have it posted. *I think it would take me a while to make it a smooth animation ^^;*
I was actually looking at Jack's way of posting up cg examples and I think I will kind of copy off of that idea. He just has a small section of the cg show, so I think that will be a good enough indication that I finished the cg and also I'm sure it will spark others curiosity more if they can only see a small section of it too.

I'm so happy to see that you like what I have so far. I am a little nervous about the game but I hope to atleast make a few people laugh and possibly remember there time in school or just happy memories that they might have had at some point with there firends.
I'm kind of curious what it is that people like the most about my game. Since all I really have are the bg images and the sprite images I'm wondering what kind of vibe all of my art gives off to make people excited *I kind of have a feeling that it's the chance to interact with such silly characters like Dustin and Shawn that is actually making people the most excited ^^;*

Morishita
Veteran

#48 Post by Morishita »

I'm back with another weekly update ^^ * it's 11:52pm here so I barely made it TT.TT*
I would have like to have had this up yesterday but I ran out of time. I plan on animating this one like the others but I decided to at least go ahead and do and update of what was finished now.

I'll update the animated version on my development blog later on. That's all for now. Thank you for peeking in!
*I know that I wasn't going to do another chibi event but this certain scene I though was really cute and chibi like so I went ahead and put it as a chibi scene ^^;*

Edit:

Okay I was able to finish the animated version. Feel free to stop by my blog to see a cleare version of this. I'm going to head over there now to post up my full update ^^
cg3.gif

Princess Akina
Regular

#49 Post by Princess Akina »

Naww that is like, so adorable (✌゚∀゚)☞
I want.
Justin looks so cute in that animation 8D
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

Morishita
Veteran

#50 Post by Morishita »

Thank you Akina~ I was a little worried that this one would look a little weird because I had a some what difficult time trying to figure out the hand and arm position for when she put her fingers over her eyes but I'm happy that it turned out well and that you liked it. ^^

Morishita
Veteran

#51 Post by Morishita »

This is not a very exciting post today but I wanted to go ahead and just pop in with another weekly update.
I had some issues figuring out the composition for the cg event layout for when you first meet Dustin but I finally figured out a layout that I am happy with and I went ahead and attached a small thumbnail preview of that.
cg1.png
cg1.png (18.55 KiB) Viewed 2300 times
Also I've been thinking about the difference between visual novel's and kinetic novels or whoever you say it and since I don't have much knowledge with that I was starting to think that maybe my game would be more so in the kinetic novel genre then the different endings with different guys type of visual novel. There is only really one main plot line to the story so....I'm guessing that's what I should call it. I guess I'll have to keep thinking about it and looking over my script to see what type it truly is.

Again this update isn't a very exciting one but I just wanted to keep you posted :D

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#52 Post by GeneDNC »

I might be wrong, but I think the main difference between the two is that a visual novel has choices that result in different endings and a kinetic novel is just a linear story with no choices and one ending like a book. Of course there can then be different kinds and styles of vn's.

Princess Akina
Regular

#53 Post by Princess Akina »

GeneDNC wrote:I might be wrong, but I think the main difference between the two is that a visual novel has choices that result in different endings and a kinetic novel is just a linear story with no choices and one ending like a book. Of course there can then be different kinds and styles of vn's.
Yes, GeneDNC is right.
Kinetic Novel - A visual novel without any menus. It's like reading a storybook I guess. You just have to go with the flow. There are no player interactions and there is only one ending.
Visual Novel - A novel with menus. It's like reading a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Book. The player makes the choices and there is always more than one ending (I think. I haven't heard of a VN with one ending o.O).

I think this is right. ^^;;
My DA Account: http://xprincess-akina.deviantart.com It is very, very outdated and on hiatus, so don't expect much from there.
My Blog: http://xsakurahime.wordpress.com Somewhat on hiatus, because I'm super busy at the moment.

Morishita
Veteran

#54 Post by Morishita »

GeneDNC wrote:I might be wrong, but I think the main difference between the two is that a visual novel has choices that result in different endings and a kinetic novel is just a linear story with no choices and one ending like a book. Of course there can then be different kinds and styles of vn's.
Princess Akina wrote:
Yes, GeneDNC is right.
Kinetic Novel - A visual novel without any menus. It's like reading a storybook I guess. You just have to go with the flow. There are no player interactions and there is only one ending.
Visual Novel - A novel with menus. It's like reading a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Book. The player makes the choices and there is always more than one ending (I think. I haven't heard of a VN with one ending o.O).

I think this is right. ^^;;
Thank you Gene and Akina~ Since this is a simple little story and does have a bad ending and good ending then it's pretty safe for me to go ahead and call this a visual novel. The last thing I wanted to do was offend someone by using the wrong word when describing my visual novel.^^ You guys are so smart!

Now on to another weekly update for School Memories. Since this month is NaNoReno Month I wasn't able to focus full on school memories to finish the coloring of the first normal cg that I posted but I plan on changing the angle for that anyways because it isn't sitting well with me. I wanted to go ahead and get all of Dustin's cg's done before I start on the very few that shawn has.

Well I'm off to update the blog, I also have to get back to work on the rest of the art for my NaNoReno project.
Last edited by Morishita on Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#55 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

I hope that you don't forget to remove the watermarks in the released game pics ;)

For the rest, looks like an very promising WIP, I'll remain tuned :)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Morishita
Veteran

#56 Post by Morishita »

Thank you everyone for checking in on School Memories. For now I plan on putting the weekly updates on hold because updates after that would be to much of a spoil because of the cg drawings and from then on it would just be writing updates so once the game is finished I will post up a final update with that information.

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#57 Post by WickedRaccoon »

soooo...how's progress on the game so far?when do you believe the game will be released?

Morishita
Veteran

#58 Post by Morishita »

Right now I'm working on finishing Curse of the Caribbean then when that's finished I plan on finishing this project after that. Thank you for asking! I didn't think anyone would still be interested in seeing me finish this project. Don't worry though it will definitely see the light of day once I finish Curse of the Caribbean. You can check out my website if you want to see how the progress of my visual novel is doing also ^^

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#59 Post by WickedRaccoon »

oh wow,that's great.glad that you are doing both games,cause i like 'em both (especially curse of the carribean).i shall stalk both here and your website (^∇^)

Pyun~
Regular

#60 Post by Pyun~ »

Can't wait! : P