a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - new music downloads!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kaki

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Musicians][Dramedy][Feb NaNoRenO]

#76 Post by kaki »

I played this game a couple weeks ago, but I didn't get the chance to post on here till now.

I have to say, I really enjoyed playing this game. I think out of all the different ones I played, this one is my favorite. It actually made me tear up and cry! The emotional twist had me surprised, yet amazed. It was really touching. :3 The writing was excellent too. As a writer, I really hope that one day, I'll be able to make people cry with my writing... (in a good way). I absolutely cannot wait for the remastered edition. I'll make sure to be among the first to play it. X3

Tenarium

#77 Post by Tenarium »

Just thought I'd post here that if people aren't sure about playing the game or not, I've started doing a playthrough which can be found here! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68rMei2zCiM

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#78 Post by try10 »

I actually cried while playing this game. While reading I started to feel various emotions that made me cry. It was so weird because that only happened a few times ( while playing some well known games ) and I wasn't expecting to feel this again. I have no ideea what you did with the writing, but this game has gained a new lover. :D I want to thank everybody who contributed in making this project.

IefaSan
Projects: I'm willing to help anyone with their projects! PM me if you want to use my help. I can help with: plot, dialogue, a tester or script (but my English is not really good). Or if you just want someone to help you with anything, just PM me... ^_^

#79 Post by IefaSan »

I haven't finish playing this game but so far I enjoyed it. Ahhh... this game makes me feeling a bit jealous because when I was a child, I really want to take piano class but my family can't really afford it. Wish I play at least one of music instrument. Anyway, I was hoping I can understand what Hao trying to say but if I understand, it will be no fun.. So overall, this game is good!
"Because what's worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?" - James Patterson, 'The Angel Experiment '

paronomasia

#80 Post by paronomasia »

I can barely parse through the Chinese. If there was voice acting...were you using traditional characters? Just a few characters here and there.

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#81 Post by Anne »

I really enjoyed playing this game. The story / writing is so good. And not understanding a bit of Chinese is kinda funny.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#82 Post by azureXtwilight »

Guys, guys. Just want to say that after you get all the three endings the chinese translations will be available :)

Chibichann
Regular

#83 Post by Chibichann »

I enjoyed the game and it's concept bad girl x good man sounds funny :lol: totally opposite of the usual concept of bad boy x good girl, and i loved the idea how u somehow managed to mix and match up your idea with the musicals and all.

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#84 Post by Arowana »

@ kaki
Wow, thank you so much! It's a huge honor to hear you enjoyed our game that much. :'D We'll be sure to do our best with the remastered version. And yay, fellow writer (highfive)! I know what you mean about getting people to experience different emotions. If it's possible to make readers both laugh and cry in the same story, I consider that pretty successful!

@ Tenarium
Your LP is hilarious - I hope you continue it! xD

@ try10
Aw, I'm glad the script made you cry (in a good way)! When my teammates wanted some tearjerking parts, I felt rather pressured, ahaha. So I'm glad it worked out in the end!

@ IefaSan
Thanks! Let us know if you have any other comments after you finish. ;D Like Azure said, you can unlock the Chinese translations after completing all three endings. (And lol, maybe we should have switched places - my school actually made everyone take music classes.)

@ paronomasia

Yep, we are using traditional characters. Nellie and I both have Taiwanese backgrounds, so that's part of the reason. We were also hoping fewer people would be able to read traditional, so Hao wouldn't be as easy to understand. ^^ It would be really cool to have a Chinese voice actor, though - could convey a lot more emotion that way!

@ Anne
Aw, thanks - I'm glad you enjoyed it! ;D I think it's more fun not to understand Hao as well (sorry to all the bilingual people!)

@ Chibichann
Haha, yeah! Actually, the original idea was to have a slacker, bad boy male protagonist and a cute Chinese girl. We ended up flipping the genders because we thought it would be more interesting. I kinda wonder how it would have turned out the other way, lol.

Thanks again to everybody who has tried our game and taken the time to leave their thoughts! We really appreciate each and every one of you guys! :'D

Nellie mentioned earlier that we are working on an Android port of a2, and I'm happy to say that is well underway! We've made a couple builds with RAPT so far and are currently working on reducing the file size. If anyone has experience with optimizing for Android games, let us know!

Also, the amazing Marcel Weyers has recently finished a German translation of a2! We'll be finishing up the German version in the next few weeks, which I'm super excited about! Thanks again, Marcel! ;)
Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

NoJoker
Regular
Completed: Sleepless Night series, Soulmates, TIWIWTD, TKABS
Projects: Legend of the Silver Fox, Sleepless Night 3
Deviantart: Massimow
itch: massimow
Discord: Massimo#3596

#85 Post by NoJoker »

I'm glad that I could translate this game! I love it and I hope many German people will enjoy it as well :)

Nebty

#86 Post by Nebty »

I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet.

This game is amazing, especially considering that it's a nanoreno project (I cannot believe you people put it together in only a month). It actually made me cry and the only games that have ever managed that iirc were Okami and To the Moon. I loved the characters, even the no-name orchestra members. There's just so much personality and heart suffusing the whole thing and you achieved such a great balance between drama and humour. This is one of the best VNs I've played in a long time.

I'm looking forward to any potential expanded/remastered version and I'd even purchase it if it was commercial. Also, are there any plans to bring it to iOS?

VerdeICe
Regular

#87 Post by VerdeICe »

Well, Its very rare for me to actually give a sincere review. I usually say "tats waz so sweets lol" or something else really shallow because the work, though I know honest, was not what I would consider worth much. But this was different.

I liked it. Actually liked it. The writing wasn't totally atrocious. That is a big thing for me; the writing. But it was more than just the writing, the music was lovely. I mean sure they are well known compositions but, They are well known compositions I love. I don't know what possessed me to download this, I usually treat romance VN like viruses because they promise to have little to no development.

As this story came to a shock in my eyes for its quality; I was hit hard. Making me enjoy this more than I expected. Humbled. Writing, though not equal to the older books like Dante's Inferno or The Confessions of Nate Tuner, was good enough to be considered a book. This was nice.

Certainly worth playing even if only for the surprise I felt in its quality.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#88 Post by Nellie »

@NoJoker - You're such a star~ <3

@Nebty - Really glad you enjoy the game so much! The remastered/expansion version will still be free too! ;) We are considering porting it to iOS, but atm, we do not have the technology to do so. Aro and I are trying to pick up (possibly) AS3 so we can port all our games to iOS too! Hohoho :3

@VerdeICe - Thank you so much for such a heartfelt review! It means so much to each of us! I'm personally also a huge fan of Aro's writings, and I'm really glad you enjoy the writing as much as I do! I hope you'll continue to give our future games a try, and hope we will not disappoint you! :)

Updates;
Right now I'm trying to learn how to register an account with google play and start putting up the game for everyone to download! Both English and German version! :) We have received a lot of tips/advises/helps from talented LSFers to improve a2, but remastered version will have to wait until after The Pirate Mermaid is done! Those of you who have not tried it, please give it a try! (shameless self promotion lol) We have a cute little mascot parrot in there *wink*

Obscura
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Coming Out On Top

#89 Post by Obscura »

Argh, afraid this fanart is neither colored nor looks like your characters, but thanks for giving me the opportunity to sketch them!
Coming Out On Top - An Adult Gay Dating Sim
website

ixWishing
Veteran

#90 Post by ixWishing »

Arowana wrote:
@ ixWishing
Wow, what a neat coincidence! I swear we're not reading your mind! xD
And yay, you know Butterly Lovers! I was hoping people would recognize it as a famous Chinese orchestral piece - I don't hate it as much as Sona does, lol.
Haha, yes!
Sorry for the late reply lol.
And yeah, I actually did enjoy Butterfly Lovers ~
- Everlasting Dreams ;