I am a FREE writer!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
omgitstay
Regular

I am a FREE writer!

#1 Post by omgitstay »

Hi guys,
I read Otome VS all the time. Unfortunately, I am not good at coding. I do draw and write however, so I'd like to train myself to become a writer for a team or project!
Therefore, I am looking if I can participate in write for any VS, it will be fun and I will put 100% of effort in it. I've never really tried before, though. So, I'd really appreciate if you let me be your writer for this VN.

Here are some parts of the stories that I have written

1)
With a swift but gentle tap on the last man’s neck, his head rolled off and hit the ground with a thud. An hour ago there were hundreds of them. Now? Not a soul but mine.
Bodies after bodies of dead men stretched out across the icy old village as far as my eyes could reach. The tender white snow was stained with pools of blood. How unfortunate, I thought with a smirk.

2)
A chilling gust of wind ripped through the silence, and a few crystals of snow began swirling down, as gentle as possible. The morning sky was painted with shades of blue and white. I marched forward towards the moth-eaten, wooden bridge that separated this lifeless village from the dream world, humming a cheerful tune as I went along.

These are just some parts of my stories. I do also write scripts however. Therefore, if you need me just PM me.

P.S. I will also be willing to be a PROOFREADER/EDITOR if anyone needs one!

Thank you for your time~
Tay
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Shelter of Fire
Proofreader for FI: Interview
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

Misfile
Regular
Projects: Enjolras
Organization: Drunken Ferret Studios

Re: I am a FREE writer!

#2 Post by Misfile »

Are you interested in writing any type of story? Or only particular types?

omgitstay
Regular

#3 Post by omgitstay »

Misfile wrote:Are you interested in writing any type of story? Or only particular types?
I write every type of stories. I guess I don't have any problem with any different particular types of stories.
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Sorry to rain on your parade, but your prose is... particularly purple, if I may say so. If you don't mind the MST3King:

"My competent and elegant writing will absolutely and perfectly satisfy each and every need of any possible thinkable reader and with definite, undoubtable certainty make him (or her) superbly, beautifully aware of the competence and elegance that my adjective-heavy, wonderfully verbose word-stringing can effortlessly convey."

Cut down on the descriptors, just a little. The examples of your writing border on stilted, and depending on your narrator, that may not be in your intention.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#5 Post by Greeny »

Taleweaver wrote:Sorry to rain on your parade, but your prose is... particularly purple, if I may say so. If you don't mind the MST3King:

"My competent and elegant writing will absolutely and perfectly satisfy each and every need of any possible thinkable reader and with definite, undoubtable certainty make him (or her) superbly, beautifully aware of the competence and elegance that my adjective-heavy, wonderfully verbose word-stringing can effortlessly convey."

Cut down on the descriptors, just a little. The examples of your writing border on stilted, and depending on your narrator, that may not be in your intention.
I disagree. It's certainly to the point enough. I'd even daresay cutting out on the descriptors would just make it plain.
Hardly purple. Maybe a slight tint of mauve, at best.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#6 Post by latte »

Tay, I do think your prose is a bit purple, but that is only a bad thing depending on the genre you're writing. IMO, the amount and type of description you use would work well for lighter romance, for example. But that's coming from someone who knows English as a second language, so by all means feel free to ignore it.

Other than that, I like your writing, though with those fragments we can only know your style and not the stories you write.

omgitstay
Regular

#7 Post by omgitstay »

Taleweaver wrote:Sorry to rain on your parade, but your prose is... particularly purple, if I may say so. If you don't mind the MST3King:

Hmm, thanks for the tip, and yes actually I do agree with you. I might have used too many vocabularies to describe something. Sometimes, as I write I just doze off and use my imagination too much. But thanks again~
Greeny wrote:I disagree. It's certainly to the point enough. I'd even daresay cutting out on the descriptors would just make it plain.
Hardly purple. Maybe a slight tint of mauve, at best.
Well, I guess description makes the reader paint a picture in their head as they say. Moreover, I agree that cutting out on the descriptors would make it look plain. But right now, I am trying to use less of my imagination, haha. But I guess everyone has different taste and opinions right? It made me feel better to know that you liked my work so thank you. Other than that, thanks for the tip~
latte wrote: Tay, I do think your prose is a bit purple, but that is only a bad thing depending on the genre you're writing. IMO, the amount and type of description you use would work well for lighter romance, for example. But that's coming from someone who knows English as a second language, so by all means feel free to ignore it.

Other than that, I like your writing, though with those fragments we can only know your style and not the stories you write.
I see what you are trying to say, I think that the only reason that my writing becomes purple at some points is because I try too hard and try to make it as clear as possible. I guess sometimes some words don't fit in some sentences, and I need to make my work flow more. However, I am trying to improve my writing. Anyways, thanks for taking your time and giving me your opinions.
Current Projects:
Heart to Heart
Writer for Mass Affinity

Finished Projects:
Forgive and Forget

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#8 Post by arachni42 »

omgitstay wrote:I see what you are trying to say, I think that the only reason that my writing becomes purple at some points is because I try too hard and try to make it as clear as possible. I guess sometimes some words don't fit in some sentences, and I need to make my work flow more. However, I am trying to improve my writing.
I think the descriptiveness is fine, but as mentioned it can depend on the genre. Most VNs paint some pictures literally (with artwork), and other things (characters, actions, even settings) are often shown through dialogue. Since this is a visual novel forum, you should give us samples of your dialogue.
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)