Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3151 Post by Applegate »

PEOPLE KEEP MISTAKING MY VOICE FOR THE OPPOSITE GENDER!! Nothing is more infuriating to me than when, on the phone, people mistake my gender and cheerfully chatter away at me without realising their mistake. What's wrong with my voice? There's nothing wrong! This'd be tolerable if it only happened on the phone, but in the super market last, when I asked a lady if I could pass by her, she responded to me as though I were the opposite gender! (Her back was turned to me.)

I'm twenty-friggin'-five, how can my voice still be so childish people can't tell gender from it?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

sobsobsobsobsob

Cabriolean
Regular

#3152 Post by Cabriolean »

I got sick and missed 8 days of uni Wednesday-Friday, Monday-Friday (the last 2 I was really just sleeping, eating and recuperating (I have stress-related insomnia (and a bad immune system to match) and couldn't mix my medicine with sleeping pills so......yeah). In this time we were told about a test AND 2 pieces of coursework. The test is tomorrow (counts for 15% of my worst module), and I had no clue until 6pm today, the lecturer doesn't put revision material on the internet, he only hands it out during lectures to make people attend, after asking everyone I know over facebook, all I know is a very vague idea of the topic (it could cover anything from 126 pages), and possibly some stuff not even in the textbook.

One piece of coursework was due in 3 days ago (we'd already done some of the practicals and filled in most of the results), another is due in tomorrow. There are 2 pieces of coursework due in the day after tomorrow which I had prior warning for, but thought I would do after I felt better (tonight and tomorrow, I do get up until 11:59pm of the day their due to hand them in, so I left myself at least 20 hours of time to do them). I have an exam on the 5th, an exam on the 15th......

I don't even have all the results I need, and you lose marks for handing stuff in late. I've asked for mitigation, but I 'should have asked a friend', they could have at least sent out a mass email, they do it often enough for things that aren't even course-related (NUS stuff, health fair etc.) No matter what I do, I have to pull an all-nighter tonight, do my overdue coursework (which will make it 4 days late so 40% off whatever I get) tomorrow after the test, and try to hand it in (it's due in physically, so I can only hand it in before the reception area closes), do tomorrow's coursework tomorrow night and try to get it in before midnight electronically, pull another all-nighter to try to complete the two pieces of coursework so I can get those in on time.

I still have to attend a 9am session on Wednesday which is crucial to my final piece of coursework for that module. So basically I'm facing a minimum of two all-nighters in a row, assuming the coursework is easy and I manage to get the results off of someone. I will most likely end up having to pull 3 and just take several half-hour naps. I also need to be functional during this time, on the plus side I won't have to worry about falling asleep, because the stress will keep me awake. I get along fairly well with two of my lecturers, and I have given in coursework 2 minutes late, but he didn't deduct 10%.....my laptop wouldn't connect to the internet and it was due in by 23:59. So I'm hoping they might be lenient because I brought in 2 doctors notes (one was for insomnia) if I give their coursework in a day or two late......

I did actually ask if anything interesting was happening/had happened and was told that nothing had.

100puro
Regular
Projects: Driftwood, FatexHeart

#3153 Post by 100puro »

I'm getting a growing feel of disdain and towards people, coupled with depression towards myself. It would probably be fair to analyze that my own self-hate and low self esteem drives myself to push it onto other people and knowing this drives me further into wallow because I know I'm not a nice person. Before this is turns into a massive self-pity party I will say that its not just about depressed thoughts but also about the freedom to express my own opinions, whether they be nice or ... not so nice. Yes, its generally better to not say anything if you have nothing nice to say (and most of the time I hold my tongue for this reason) but I often have the urge to smack people down off their high horses and tell them to their face my true thoughts and opinions about them.

I've always been kinda shy and outwardly introverted so I've always had a hard time expressing my opinions, especially the unkind ones. Being raised in a very Christian environment made me very awkward in dealing with negative thoughts because I would usually shut them up in a box somewhere, hoping that they would just go away. But they don't. As I grow older it just gets worse and worse and now I'm stuck between putting them back into the box or letting them go. I guess this is a depression rant because I'm fairly certain if I was nice and happy I wouldn't be having these kinds of thoughts.
::Currently looking for work! <3::
Doing sprites, cg's, and chibis. PM me if interested!

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#3154 Post by LVUER »

Applegate wrote:PEOPLE KEEP MISTAKING MY VOICE FOR THE OPPOSITE GENDER!! Nothing is more infuriating to me than when, on the phone, people mistake my gender and cheerfully chatter away at me without realising their mistake. What's wrong with my voice? There's nothing wrong! This'd be tolerable if it only happened on the phone, but in the super market last, when I asked a lady if I could pass by her, she responded to me as though I were the opposite gender! (Her back was turned to me.)

I'm twenty-friggin'-five, how can my voice still be so childish people can't tell gender from it?! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

sobsobsobsobsob
Is it so bad to be mistaken like that? If people still mistake your gender after seeing you and you explaining, then you have all right to be mad. This happens to a lot of people, if it makes you feel better. In my case, people always mistook my age (I appear much younger than my age). I even scare a girl (potential girlfriend) just because she doesn't want I look younger than she is in the future.

And grass is always look greener... I bet lots of people want their voice like yours.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3155 Post by Applegate »

LVUER wrote:Is it so bad to be mistaken like that? If people still mistake your gender after seeing you and you explaining, then you have all right to be mad. This happens to a lot of people, if it makes you feel better. In my case, people always mistook my age (I appear much younger than my age). I even scare a girl (potential girlfriend) just because she doesn't want I look younger than she is in the future.

And grass is always look greener... I bet lots of people want their voice like yours.
It is terrible. It gets in the way of my getting a job at times (evidently they don't want me after seeing I'm not what they expected) and I have to endlessly explain I'm not married, that person is me.

If anyone wants my voice, they can come up and trade.

J. Datie
Veteran

#3156 Post by J. Datie »

Applegate wrote:If anyone wants my voice, they can come up and trade.
I'll trade your opposite gender voice for my opposite gender looks. Maybe then I won't get hit on by random people driving past.

Omnificent
Veteran
Projects: FA:NG, ???

#3157 Post by Omnificent »

Applegate wrote:PEOPLE KEEP MISTAKING MY VOICE FOR THE OPPOSITE GENDER!! Nothing is more infuriating to me than when, on the phone, people mistake my gender and cheerfully chatter away at me without realising their mistake. What's wrong with my voice? There's nothing wrong! This'd be tolerable if it only happened on the phone, but in the super market last, when I asked a lady if I could pass by her, she responded to me as though I were the opposite gender! (Her back was turned to me.)

sobsobsobsobsob
Well if it makes you feel any better, you don't sound like a lady to me.
Forever Alone: Nerds the Gathering - A brotome game. (Nerdy Valentine's Day Card and small status update 2/14/14)
Night at the Hospital - Maiden voyage of Team Snugglebunny
Skylessia: Tale of the Boon - Epic fantasy whatsit, currently on hiatus.
Viking Pipsqueak Productions Blog (under construction)

I occasionally frequently draw other people's characters. Now offering delinquentization, medievalization, and cyborgification. Hit me up in PM if you want sprites for your KN or non-ren'ai VN.

EVEN IF THE TENDONS OF MY THUMBS TEAR INTO NOTHINGNESS, EVEN IF I GO NEARSIGHTED FROM STARING TOO HARD AT THE SCREEN, EVEN IF MY BODY IS CLOSE TO COLLAPSE FROM THE 72 HOURS I HAVE GONE WITHOUT FOOD! I WILL DEFEAT YOU!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3158 Post by SilverxBlue »

I was using my laptop... then I started laughing maniacally for no apparent reason. I laughed and laughed for five minutes straight... My sister-in-law (who was currently in the room with me) was already getting scared for me and I still continued to laugh and I wasn't even staring at or thinking of anything humorous. I even continued to laugh when she hit my stomach to make me stop.

This... This happened for the first time. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm getting scared for my mental health. You guys might think I'm over-reacting, but I've been depressed and almost suicidal for the past few months now (I often even lose my interest to write for my VNs when I used to love it so much before) and then suddenly this happens. Am I going insane? Should I just go and get help? Whenever I tried to point my depression out to my mum, she wouldn't listen or tell me that I was probably going through the phase she went through when she was younger.

Seriously, guys... I've thought of talking to my closest friends about it, but I'm scared of what they'll think. So I thought of posting here instead. I'm so sorry for that. I'm even crying a bit as I make this post. I'm panicking and freaking out and I'm trying to find out why exactly I laughed but I couldn't think of anything. D8
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

JumpJump
Veteran
Projects: 9413
Organization: 2wo dollars

#3159 Post by JumpJump »

SilverxBlue wrote:I was using my laptop... then I started laughing maniacally for no apparent reason. I laughed and laughed for five minutes straight... My sister-in-law (who was currently in the room with me) was already getting scared for me and I still continued to laugh and I wasn't even staring at or thinking of anything humorous. I even continued to laugh when she hit my stomach to make me stop.

This... This happened for the first time. I honestly don't know what to do. I'm getting scared for my mental health. You guys might think I'm over-reacting, but I've been depressed and almost suicidal for the past few months now (I often even lose my interest to write for my VNs when I used to love it so much before) and then suddenly this happens. Am I going insane? Should I just go and get help? Whenever I tried to point my depression out to my mum, she wouldn't listen or tell me that I was probably going through the phase she went through when she was younger.

Seriously, guys... I've thought of talking to my closest friends about it, but I'm scared of what they'll think. So I thought of posting here instead. I'm so sorry for that. I'm even crying a bit as I make this post. I'm panicking and freaking out and I'm trying to find out why exactly I laughed but I couldn't think of anything. D8
It is understandable to feel scared when something like this happens. I remember when I was suffering from anxiety attacks for some time. The thought of taking my life was something that laid heavy on my mind. It was only when I spoke to someone, well, more like dragged out of me(thank you wife) did I battle with it and I was able to better myself. But, before then, I knew that I had to speak to someone, just couldn't fine that person.
Whenever I tried to point my depression out to my mum, she wouldn't listen or tell me that I was probably going through the phase she went through when she was younger.

The only people who can help are the ones that really know who you are, or, have gone through the exact same thing. Sometimes just having someone there to listen can help. I'm 25 now and it was only in the last few months that my mother understood who I am. I'm very familiar with those you seek for help, saying that: "It's nothing, You're just overreacting." I've heard it all before. I am sorry that you are in this place.

But, you are not alone: http://www.enotalone.com/forum/index.php is a fantastic place where I have helped and have been helped. Even this site has a nice community. There are people who are willing to listen to you. I am one of them.

If you wish, send me a PM.
"You are the master of understatement, chief. You had a foursome with the Elephant Man and a couple of foreign princesses. I'd head on out before the paparazzi arrive, if I were you." - Barry the time travelling sprout

Old and new, whatever you want. All is here.

Mithfalath
Projects: Currently writing a light novel

#3160 Post by Mithfalath »

I NEED TO WRITE NAOOOOOOO....

Seriously though, I have a really bad habit of having inspiration spikes at some weird phases of the week only for it to be disappeared during the course of the actual writing. That is why I always have my phone with me, to track down everything that I might suddenly think of. I remember there was even one time when I woke up and had this unbelievable idea (for a project) that I had to stop sleeping and open my PC to jot down everything I could remember. (Take a hint: Not completed)

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#3161 Post by dramspringfeald »

Woke with an infected Tooth and atm there is a sandstorm Link
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

Faze
Regular

#3162 Post by Faze »

There's not much worse than going Work->Sports Contest->University Exam with around 10 minutes in between each of them. Luckily I didn't have to write an essay, 'else my arm would have fallen off. Man those last few weeks were crazy. I think I said I'd make a "basic 3D videos for visual novels" tutorial earlier, I promise I'll try get to that as soon as I can, just been a bit busy.

Meanwhile, guess I got this to share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHSSPq10 ... e=youtu.be

It's just a physics test on Unity3D for my game. I saw a tutorial on doing this on Blender and decided to see if I could get it running in real time on Unity and it was actually pretty easy. Optimizing it was slightly harder but it was pretty doable in the end. Just need to stop being lazy and get on to the actual 3D character modelling--that's a real, real pain. Kind of ironic that 3D anime is harder to model than realistic 3D(for me at least), but it's too late to go back in the art style now that I've most of the backgrounds done :lol:

enta
Veteran
Projects: One Moment in Summer(GxB/Supernatural)

#3163 Post by enta »

I met a little accident yesterday.

MY bicycle was a complete mess yet the only injury I got was some muscle pain and a small cut in my lips. It must be a miracle(everyone says so, seeing my bicycles' condition).

But my teacher(a cold hearted person! T_T) told me I cannot go home early and must join the stupid badminton tournament(which is a welcoming party for us first years) and I wonderfully failed to do any cool moves to return a bloody stupid shuttle.

Sigh, my whole body stings....

Cabriolean
Regular

#3164 Post by Cabriolean »

enta wrote:But my teacher(a cold hearted person! T_T) told me I cannot go home early and must join the stupid badminton tournament(which is a welcoming party for us first years) and I wonderfully failed to do any cool moves to return a bloody stupid shuttle.
Seriously, that sucks :(

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#3165 Post by Applegate »

enta wrote:But my teacher(a cold hearted person! T_T) told me I cannot go home early and must join the stupid badminton tournament(which is a welcoming party for us first years)
Isn't it more that not joining the tourney would've set you apart from the rest? I dunno how Japan is about those sort of things, but miss a welcoming party here and you'll hear about it for the rest of the year.