I want 2 be single [Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

I want 2 be single [Comedy]

#1 Post by Boniae »

Deja Sparrow is a new student starting fresh at a new school. Everything was going smoothly…but then she finds 3 love letters in her locker by 3 different boys who really have a thing for her. The problem is…Deja doesn’t want a boyfriend. Deja wants to be single. Why can’t they just leave her alone?

- 8 endings
- 10,530 words
- Rating 13+ for language

iwant2besingle-1.0-all.zip
(29.22 MiB) Downloaded 4532 times

Credits:
Backgrounds (Morguefile, Areae)
Character art (Tokudaya, Compulsory Hero's face maker)

This is a short game I made for the Pulse Pounding Heart Stopping dating sim jam. It's kinda unpolished (I spent roughly a week on it) but I hope you guys will enjoy it!
Attachments
screenshot0036.png
screenshot0038.png
screenshot0039.png
Last edited by Boniae on Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ixWishing
Veteran

Re: I want 2 be single [Comedy]

#2 Post by ixWishing »

Oh yes, I remember this from the PPHS thingy lol.
I downloaded it, and played it 2 days after.
What really got my dying was
Hikaru's route
Like wth man, LOL. A romantic stalker, who has some of problem? Just hilarious (only in the game, not inrl)

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PHOTOSHOPPED HIS FACE OVER A STOCK IMAGE, OMFG LOL.
I was just dying, LOL. Him threatening Deja with the knives, then napping in her dad's bed?! Hilarious lol.
- Everlasting Dreams ;

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

#3 Post by AngelicBlood »

Ahahaha, classic!

Chibichann
Regular

#4 Post by Chibichann »

will download and comment soon

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#5 Post by arachni42 »

Haha! I liked it! A few things hit a liiiiittle close to home when it came to guys not accepting rejection. (Some people don't know how to take a hint blunt statement.) Thankfully, I haven't had any of the more extreme experiences in this game, hehe.
In Daiki's route when the dad invites him in, I was half expecting the dad to have something up his sleeve (or... feathers?). The Hikaru Photoshopped knife-wielding was... "unpolished"... in a very funny way!
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

lilyrose
Regular

#6 Post by lilyrose »

lols!!!!! i loved the fathers look!!! it was.........very unique XD. and hikaru's route was simply amazingly hilarious. XD good job :)
I also loved how everyone just knew where Deja lived. XD classic town full of stalkers.
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

MudkipTheDestroyer
Regular
Completed: Bacon 1&2, SummerCamp, The Twins, Club Felin, Escape Cody
Projects: Sooooo many projects... .-.
Organization: Fat Chick Studios

#7 Post by MudkipTheDestroyer »

I lost it when
the blonde pulled out the knives.
It was beautiful.
------Sonic------

Completed Projects:

Genod

#8 Post by Genod »

I cracked up in several places playing this, so I consider playing this a half hour well spent :)
Although it's a comedy game I did love that Deja is true to herself throughout. Granted, none of the guys pursuing her respect her enough to listen to what she wants (so staying the course couldn't have been difficult) but still, she wants to be single and a single life in school is exactly what she gets. I think I could stand to see a few more stories like this.

Another thing I liked was that arguably the best ending for Deja is the one where she doesn't play the game at all. No drama with stock photo'ed stalkers turning up unannounced at her house; just a happy, single, stress-free school life. Perfect.

Whysoserious?

#9 Post by Whysoserious? »

This game was really funny!
I almost laughed half to death when I saw Deja's father xD (he must have graduated from saint pigenations)
I liked how it wasn't just the normal "omg I'm so not having a boyfriend - ten seconds later - I was wrong, having a bf is sooo much better after all!" *said in a cutesy voice*
And holy cow Hikaru, mentally ill or not, could totally climb in my window any time ;) Hell I'd even put up a ladder, and arrows as guidelines from his house to mine! hehe

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#10 Post by Lire »

... This game is recommended..
IF.. you want to be stalked..
And IF.. you don't want to be his girlfriend..
:D.. Thanks for this funny VN.

Boniae
Regular

#11 Post by Boniae »

Sorry, I kinda neglected this thread for a while, and I have a lot to reply to. Thanks everyone for playing it!!! ;u; Woww it's so great that you all enjoyed it!

Haha and it seems like Hikaru's route was well liked by all the comments I've seen. ;)

@ ixWishing; XDD I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
Haha oh man I was laughing at myself writing Hikaru's route...especially putting his face on a stock photo lmao
@ AngelicBlood; Thanks!! XD
@ Chibichann; Hope you like it whenever you play it!
@ arachni42; Yaay, glad you enjoyed it! And haha yes...those guys who are prettty determined. :'D
And I can see what you mean, I kind of wanted to write something in that but couldn't really think of anything good?? Haha and glad you found it amusing! X'D
@ lilyrose; Thank you!!! Glad you enjoyed it! Deja's father is a very refined (feathered?) man. 8)
pfff, just you're neighborhood friendly stalkers. :lol:
@ MudkipTheDestroyer; Hahaha, thanks for playing! *wipes tear*
Oh Hikaru and your knives. Didn't your mother teach you not to threaten the girls you love with them? :lol:
@ Genod; Thanks for playing, and wowow thanks for the input! I'm glad you liked those deeper aspects of the game (and was able to laugh at it too). ^_^
@ Whysoserious?; Hehe glad you liked it!!
HaHA yes omg, St. Pigeonation, of course~!! XDD
And yeah, I've seen a couple stories (maybe animes?? I think...) like that and I'm just like hmmmm. I guess when I thought of the story of this I was thinking, "What if there was the game where the objective was not to get with anybody?".
Haha, aside from not taking his meds Hikaru isn't a such a bad guy! Maybe we'll have to set you guys up. :wink:
@ Lire; Pff that's the truth, maybe I should put that in the description?? XDD Glad you enjoyed the game!!

Hikaru thanks you all for playing the game :)

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#12 Post by latte »

I lost it at the photoshopped stock images, my mother came running because she thought I was crying or couldn't breath... Hikaru y u so funny

Thank you very much for making this game!

Dawnfire
Regular

#13 Post by Dawnfire »

THIS IS HILARIOUS. I thought my sides would split! Everything about it had me in tears, and despite being ridiculous, it actually was getting at the heart of some big otome game issues in the most funny manner possible.
I wish this had been a real game, though, only because your guy's CGs are so beautiful. Well, except Hikaru over a stock photo (pure brilliance, btw). When I saw her dad, I thought my diaphragm would explode. But I absolutely loved that the heroine knew exactly what she wanted, was confident and self-assured, and didn't put up with s***. If you ever decide to make a serious otome in the future, please make her just as awesome.
I'm begging you to keep making funny games in the future, and hopefully much longer ones, because I will download each and every one of them!
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

✿ Usagi Totoro ✿

#14 Post by ✿ Usagi Totoro ✿ »

Can you upload it to mediafire ? :'3

Boniae
Regular

#15 Post by Boniae »

@ latte: Hhaha, I think everyone did (even me when I was photoshopping them...omfg). I'm so happy I made you laugh really hard! Sorry about worrying your mom, though. XDD Daaw, you're welcome, and thank you for playing it!!! :D

@ Dawnfire: AwwW, glad I was able to make an enjoyably funny game! Thank you for playing it!
I kind of wished I spent more time on making the game, but I really hope to make an otome with heroine like Deja, because I loved writing her so much. Not completely sure what I'll do, (maybe make it something like this but more fleshed out, possibly?) but I'm definitely gonna try to make more funny games in the future!! :wink:

@ Usagi Totoro: Sure thing! Here's a mediafire mirror.