Terminal happiness

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kiny
Completed: Terminal Happiness
Projects: Thats a Secret! You'll know when i feel like telling!

Terminal happiness

#1 Post by Kiny »

New post for the remake : http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 68#p322668

My first game ever! Hope you enjoy!

You can start off by deciding by wich prespective you want to see the story, in wich to say you can choose if you'll be playing as a Lai, the girl or as Rei, the boy.

The story passes in a far away hospital, away from civilization, that has a dark glassbox around it.
The game features the lives of Lai, an albino who can't be exposed to the sun and lives in the hospital because
the sun is covered by the dark glass and therefore she is allowed to live a fairly normal life.
And Rei, a patient of the surgery side of the building who can't have a surgery.
Will Lai be able to make Rei's live less miserably?

Statistics:
6,500 words
average 8.0 words per screen
13 menus

The game has 6 endings, 3 for each character.

This is my first game, so if there are sugestions, opinions i would really apreciate it.
I troubleshooted the game for errors and misspellings but if i miss some do tell so i can fix.

If Possible i would like you to answer me these questions if you can/want:
1 - What is your favourit character and why.(and route)
2 - Are the musics to creepy for the game? (one of my troubleshooters said one of them might be a bit to much for this story)
3 - What do you think of the game? is the story entertaining?
4 - Do you think the game has replay value?

Thanks a lot for reading and if you play, thanks for playing!

---> link <---
--->>> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?il1s48tl7hco683 <<<---

Also i'm not very good at figuring out what genres my game belongs to... If you know can you tell me to add to the post name?

ScreenShots:
Attachments
B01
B01
first choice
first choice
screenshot0001.png (9.92 KiB) Viewed 3216 times
Last edited by Kiny on Fri May 09, 2014 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haze
Veteran
Completed: Monster Uses CPU 2, White Fog, Times Like These, bond
Projects: Secret long term project!
Soundcloud: The_Storysinger

Re: Terminal happiness

#2 Post by Haze »

Congrats on your first VN! Just finished it, so I'll try to answer your questions.

1. I liked Rei better, I think. I liked his protective nature. He had this "gentle giant" thing in his character that I liked. As for which route I liked the most, I honestly don't know.
Both routes were mostly "go to the rooftop!" over and over at the beginning, which I didn't like so much. They did deviate from this later in the game, though, so that was good.
Just so you know, I played Lai's route and got all her endings; then, I got all the endings for Rei's route.
2. I didn't really have my sound on while playing this. (-_-) Sorry about that. I had it on for about 5 seconds, and the little I did hear sounded a bit over dramatic. Like I said, though, I didn't hear much.
3.The story wasn't too bad. I thought it was sweet.
It's kind of clear, though that ending 1 was meant to be the true ending of Lai's route, and ending 4 was meant to be the true ending of Rei's route. Both of them were a bit too similar to the other ending(one for each route) when Rei and Lai decide to stay with each other. I personally think you could have taken endings 1 and 4 out completely and just had the other endings where Rei and Lai decide to stay with each other.
Also, this game had a lot. Of. Typos. For me, a lot of typos distracts from the story. Try to fix this, ok? :wink:
4.Well, since it is a visual novel, and it does have multiple endings...of course it has reply value! People(like me...) want to get all the endings! Automatic reply value right there!
I got Lai's "stay in your room for the rest of your life" ending oh so much...XD
Also, you asked what genre this is, right? Well, it is GxB(otome) and BxG. Maybe you could label it as drama? I don't know...
My first completed visual novel, which is at 1.3, it's final version(woo hoo!): Monster Uses CPU 2
Finally at version 1.0: White Fog

I make one song every week, all for free download! This weeks song: Synthis- The Mirror(Eliana Remix)[Preview]

You might ask yourself: If I could only save one paragraph of the work I'm writing, which one would I save?
Which one would I let go first?

-from Understanding Rhetoric: A Graphic Guide to Writing by Elizabeth Losh, Johnathan Alexander, Kevin Cannon, and Zander Cannon

Anne
Veteran
Completed: Fae

#3 Post by Anne »

I've played for Lai and got Ending 1.
I'm not an expert (only checked Wikipedia) but the story didn't seem plausible to me (
the whole setting of her staying in a glass-covered hospital, the owner's offer to employ her as a nurse or a doctor if she learns something from the staff, the doctor's visiting libraries to check if there is cure for Rei's disease and such
). And I didn't really feel that I've got to know characters enough to like them (maybe that's because I've only played one route)
Your art is somewhat cute, but I'd probably do something with Lai's portrait as it is barely visible on light backgrounds. And I'd add something to the title screen.

lilyrose
Regular

#4 Post by lilyrose »

Hey :) Well I haven't played much of the game so far but I thought I could tell you what I think of it so far :3 and try to answer some of the questions :)
1) So far my favorite route is Lai because of her optomism :)
2) Mayb something a little less dramatic? But besides that it was ok
3) I actually enjoy the story :) Maybe you should make the characters straight up say what they're like but I still thought the story was entertaining
4) Of course :)

I found this game really sweet :) oh and here's a belated congrates on the release of your first vn :) The more games you make the easier it will be :3 So good luck :)
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

Kiny
Completed: Terminal Happiness
Projects: Thats a Secret! You'll know when i feel like telling!

#5 Post by Kiny »

I've made a new post for my remake of this game.
If the moderator/administrator want they can delete this post.