RE: Prince of Nigeria ["GxB"|Internet Scam]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

Re: RE: Prince of Nigeria ["GxB"|Romance|Internet Scam](NaNo

#61 Post by Kokoro Hane »

This game was so funny XD

I played WITHOUT knowledge of the said Internet scam, BUT I was not confused at all, as I am knowledgeable of spam (one time I got an e-mail of a sad story of a girl who needed money due to her illness, and if you forward it she would get more and more money, and I actually forwarded it >.< nothing happened, thank goodness, but I was young so I didn't know any better at the time. And I've run into a lot of other chain mail stuff and other spam, so this Internet scam didn't shock me at all). Hourai is HILARIOUS. Just the love letters (one sided) back and forth, super cheesy but so funny, and how she was all serious! Oh my gosh XD

Then the epilogue;
THAT! That was a twist. Here I thought Hourai was stupid (especially the "Good Ending" being about how she loving watched her bank account dwindle, LOL) and in truth she was doing it for an article, just for the heck of it, and then we meet the guy behind the bot. That e-mail bot was stupid, LOL, all them capslock. And i seriously think the most hilarious part was when you see the so-called Prince's idea XD
Overall, an enjoyable game! I loved it~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#62 Post by arachni42 »

Kirroha wrote:Thanks guys. XD Wow, I'm really getting a lot of mixed reviews about the epilogue, heh.
Yeah, I'm not surprised. Personally, I loved the premise of this game, and I loved the game...
I had mixed feelings about the epilogue because it is like a totally different story, and it sort of turns the original upside down... but it was a story I really enjoyed, and I like when things start out comedic but then you learn more serious things about the characters. In other words... it didn't fit. BUT I LIKED IT. So I'm not complaining. =)
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

#63 Post by Coren »

Gotta agree with that. :P I was originally only planning to reveal it in a sequel, but I'm not sure if this should have a sequel or not, so I ended up stuffing the "truth" into the epilogue.

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#64 Post by pickle131 »

Although it was short, this is probably one of my favourite visual novels I've played XD This was hilarious, I ended up making both my brothers play it too haha <3

Sudocolon
Organization: Sudocolon LLC

#65 Post by Sudocolon »

Found some free time to finish the epilogue. Very well done.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo

#66 Post by Coren »

pickle131 wrote:Although it was short, this is probably one of my favourite visual novels I've played XD This was hilarious, I ended up making both my brothers play it too haha <3
Hi pickle! :) Haha, glad you liked it.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#67 Post by Coren »

Sudocolon wrote:Found some free time to finish the epilogue. Very well done.
Sorry I missed your post! And thanks. :) Glad you liked the epilogue as well.

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#68 Post by Lire »

Comedy one is good :D
And i like this. It can makes me smiles.. :)
And i felt.. *that girl is rather dumb for not noticing the content.
Ah.. people in love is blind isn't it? Lol, good work. :D

tashaj4de
Completed: 1 Press Button, Paper Bow
Projects: Wendillon Project, Love is Blind(?), Operation: Magic Hero
Tumblr: tashaj4de
Deviantart: tashaj4de
Soundcloud: tashaj4de
itch: tashaj4de

#69 Post by tashaj4de »

I can't help but play this game over and over- I ended up sending to my friends and I had to stop myself from laughing too much from their reactions- Although now that I think about it, I probably reacted the same way >w>;;

Even though the game was really short, I liked how it ended- Both the good and bad endings were really funny.
When I found out I unlocked something in the gallery after getting both endings, I clicked on it- and I was really surprised to find out it was just an article and the "Prince of Nigeria" was actually just some bot Horai's senior, Aldrich xD (Is it wrong that I ship them? >w>;; )

A part of me wishes it was longer, especially since the art was really awesome- even though I felt like Horai was being a little too silly- but I guess "Love is blind" huh? xD

Both Horai and Aldrich are really awesome- I wonder what would happen to them next? xD After all, it did suddenly say "To be continued...??" at the end xD

A-anyway- That's all I wanted to say owo To me, this is one of the best short VNs that I've ever played- it was fun~ Thanks for making it! >w<

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#70 Post by Coren »

Heh thanks, it's because I'm not sure whether or not to make a sequel. XD I probably won't, but whenever I make these small games that have the potential to expand I just get the itchy fingers, you see.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#71 Post by Coren »

Ah sorry guys I didn't implement the Easter Egg in the end. :( I removed the easter egg label from the site but I forgot to take it out here. It was basically supposed to be a playthrough which would be vastly different if you had named the main character "Apara" or "Apara Kachingpopgorn". :P

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

Re: RE: Prince of Nigeria ["GxB"|Internet Scam] + CONTEST

#72 Post by Coren »

And it's up!

For more information on prizes, click here! :)

rufiangel
Regular

#73 Post by rufiangel »

I just played this, and found it hilarious! XD Brilliance! Loved the clickety noises picked for the typing SFX as well. :D
The epilogue threw me off a little at first, but I cottoned on eventually. Geez. XD;
Please check out Speechless, a project on hold for the moment!
Serpamia Flare: http://www.serpamiaflare.com
The Lethian: http://www.thelethian.com
DeviantArt: http://rufiangel.deviantart.com

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#74 Post by Coren »

Glad you liked it! :) In the meantime...

Behold my half-hearted attempt to translate the whole thing into Chinese (is there even a point? I'd pretty much have to localise most of the jokes). It's pretty fun, and challenging to keep the Prince's writing funny since typos are harder to bring out in Chinese and there isn't such a thing as capslock.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver

#75 Post by Coren »

The contest has ended! Thanks to all who submitted, and Nero for that lovely Rich x Horai piece. It was wonderful!