Looking to Assemble a Team for a Project!

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
YuanHuei
Completed: 0

Looking to Assemble a Team for a Project!

#1 Post by YuanHuei »

Welcome! I'm posting here to see if anyone would be interested in working with me on a project. I'm sure I'll miss some details in this initial post, so please feel free to post in this thread if you need further information or details. I'd be looking for all sorts of talents and trades, though to be honest, I would be most inclined to find a fellow writer first.

First of off, I would like to say that this project would be for purely self satisfying reasons only. I've always wanted to make a VN or work of creative art, however I don't possess the materiel or funds to pay. Thus it would just be a fun project for us to do for the heck of it.

I do have several ideas sitting on my shelf from previous projects that I would love to pick up again, however I am open to newer ideas. I tend to steer a bit further away from slice of life/high school settings that do seem to saturate the genre, so be wary of that. From the list of ready to go ideas and projects I do have:

-Project 3Seasons: One of my first projects that I attempted, however it got bogged down due to the loss of our artist and other staff. Project 3seasons still has a blogspot from the good all days seen here: http://project3seasons.blogspot.com/. Further details can be found on the dev blog, However the overall genre and feel of it would be a Bildungsroman/Romantic Modern Setting VN. Characters, routes, and overall story has been planned out, however specifics have not been ironed out.

-Project Locomotive: I have more information on a google doc, but I can provide a brief explanation. Project Locomotive was planned to take place in an alternate interwar styled Europe and would center around the Main Character and his adventures across the country to solve his former employer's involvement with the government and corrupt political scheme. It was planned to have V Acts, with 1-3 already lined out. Genre would be Historical Fiction/Mystery/Adventure/Romance

-Project Reboot: This is actually a novel I have been working on for a while. I have a site for it too, but it is grossly outdated. http://project-reboot.blogspot.com/. Genre is Historical Fiction/Adventure. Most of the chapters and arcs are lined out, it's just down to me to continue to write them.

-Project Pan-Am: One of the newest projects to get bogged down. Like Project Locomotive, it is also up on a google doc. This one stars an MC who is involved in an aircraft accident over the jungle. With himself and numerous other survivors, he must await rescue while also coming to terms with many of the nagging problems that have pestered him. Genre is Survival/Psychological/Drama. This project would require the most work, though characters and certain aspects of it have been ironed out.

If you managed to survive the massive amount of text, then feel free to comment, even if you are not interested in joining. If one of these do interest you, feel free to ask me further questions!

Otonari

Re: Looking to Assemble a Team for a Project!

#2 Post by Otonari »

YuanHuei,

Your ideas sound rather interesting, and I would be happy to help you out. Though I'm only really good at writing, and proofreading if that counts, so I don't know how much help I'd be anyway. Especially the one about survival (those are always fun to do!). The ideas you have currently could be made into neat Visual Novel's and frankly I think it would be nice to see them in such a format.

Also, would it be possible for me to see the Google documents for the other projects? Just so I can get a feel for some of the other projects, and see how much work as already been done. Plus I'm a bit curious to see what direction you went in the Pan-Am one.

So if your interested in my help, or need anything to prove my worth or whatnot, just send me a PM or an email at azeria2011@gmail.com.

YuanHuei

#3 Post by YuanHuei »

This is a bit of a shameless bump, but I'm still looking for people!

Please PM or post in this thread if you need more information or are interested!

YuanHuei

#4 Post by YuanHuei »

After some time, I decided that I really can't kick this project and leave it alone. So here I am again, hahah.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#5 Post by Kato »

Is there a project you feel rather strongly towards, more so than the others? I feel you will get more bites if you picked a project and fleshed out the details more, namely the character bios. You have the luxury of being a writer, so using sprites and backgrounds in the creative commons section as placeholders in a demo is a pretty viable option.
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

YuanHuei

#6 Post by YuanHuei »

Kato wrote:Is there a project you feel rather strongly towards, more so than the others? I feel you will get more bites if you picked a project and fleshed out the details more, namely the character bios. You have the luxury of being a writer, so using sprites and backgrounds in the creative commons section as placeholders in a demo is a pretty viable option.
Yeah, I'm just putting everything back on the table. With my scheduling being so strange, I've had projects come in and out due to other people flaking or personal commitments. I guess it's more of a random cast to see if anyone is interested.

I'll probably compile all the google docs with the fleshed out bios and jazz. The way these were all planned where to focus on the frame work before developing anything.

DeeKay
Veteran

#7 Post by DeeKay »

Kato's totally right, you should definitely focus on one of your main ideas and leave the others in the closet for the time being.
This might be your main issue here, so don't get distracted by your various ideas, however rich and deep they are. Just take a pick.

Making sure a project gets completed doesn't only rely on the initial desire to do it, you have to see it through even if it can be tough and rough at times, moreso if you're doing it for fun only. Of course, taking the right steps alone is fairly difficult if your skillset is limited so you have to find people who will be commited to your proposition and trustworthy as well.
And the best way to do this is to show you're serious about it by showing concepts and bits of storyline, whether it's about the characters' relationships or the global setting of the story. A demo is a definite plus if you can manage to do it but the important part remains being able to share your vision and intentions for the idea you've come up with.
There are passionate, talented and serious people here, so you should be able to find help when one or more of these conditions are met. You know, tease enough so people show interest in your work :)
In the end, your mind needs to be resilient at all times and not give up in the face of adversity.

So yeah, just trying to give you an extra push to motivate yourself and no do this on/off switch thing.
Cheers ! :)
-- No longer active --
-- English/French Translation topic here
-- Hope~ - Symphony of Tomorrow alpha demo playthrough here (1h35mn long video !)

-- Current avatar by SilverHyena => her DA account

-- Check out this project if you have some time !