Writer looking for a project [CLOSED]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
yuyuko

Writer looking for a project [CLOSED]

#1 Post by yuyuko »

I hope I'm doing this right. I've done my best to emulate the other topics made by people looking for work.

Basically: I am an amateur writer looking for something to write. I have my own project, but right now it's lacking some key assets, and I figured that before I started asking for artists and whatnot I'd help someone out by writing dialogue/narration/descriptions/whatever. I work entirely for free! I have no experience; if I ask for money, nobody's going to hire me. So without further ado, here are my strengths:
  • Character interaction. I've been told I can write characters interacting with each other both realistically and well; two things that don't always go together. This includes dialogue.
  • Fantasy. I know "fantasy" is a really broad category, but I'm serious. Anything from modern-day magic to medieval sword-and-sorcery settings, I can do. Honestly this might be less of a strength and more of a "I really, really enjoy writing this".
  • Writing fast. I'm a bit of a speed writer. I think. I can finish a first draft of 1200 words in an hour, and going back and going back through it and editing it takes less time; does that qualify as speed writing? I'm not sure, but I know it's not slow.
I'm honestly not sure what else to put as a strength; I've never really looked closely at my own work and seen what I do well at and what I don't do so well at. I guess that itself would fall under a weakness. But besides that, I'm not sure if I really have anything I could classify as a weakness. If you're wondering how I'll handle certain things, just ask me to write an example scene and I'll do it. An action scene? A romance scene? A face-off between two political entities? Just ask and I'll whip up something as an example.

Some minor conditions:
  • You should at least have an idea of the plot and a basic flowchart. I want to write for you, but I don't want to be designing the game itself, if that makes any sense. You don't have to be super-specific in what you want, but if you could be, that would be great.
  • I'd prefer it if I could be done with my job before the summer's over.
Attached is a short scene from my own VN, where the heroine's family is introduced.

PM me or contact me at thematcatperson@gmail if you're interested.

Edit: I got three PMs and though I've already responded to one I'm working on responding to the rest. Since, honestly, even two projects at once is a little much for me, I'm not going to be accepting any more. Thanks!
Attachments
writingexample.txt
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 81 times