Yo people with glasses say "aye"!

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
pwisaguacate
Veteran

Re: Yo people with glasses say "aye"!

#31 Post by pwisaguacate »

I just remembered the possibility of ordering glasses online. You basically just need an up-to-date (important) eyeglass prescription numbers. Online, you ask? Yes, seriously. They've been around for awhile and are known for a price range of $50-$100.

Any thoughts on this? It makes me go whoa when I see stories about getting ripped at $500 or so from making the "mistake of visiting a swank designer place." (Prices aren't too exorbitantly high though in my area, so meh... Well you know, typical normal stores.)

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#32 Post by arachni42 »

I got glasses about two years ago (~age 30). Really, I started to become nearsighted after college, probably from working with computers all day. My dominant eye (right) is waayyyy more nearsighted than my left eye, and is better at focusing on things up close. Which is what I'm doing most of the time. I don't wear my glasses when doing computer stuff, but I need them for driving or anything else that calls for seeing things clearly far away. They're probably pretty weak, but I have no idea what the numbers are. I don't feel like I could ever put in and take out contacts, but that's alright because my friends/husband think I look good in the glasses. The only problem is they can get uncomfortable, and when I put on my glasses after not having them on for awhile, it can take me some time to truly adjust.
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

deviltales
Regular

#33 Post by deviltales »

Aye!
I've been wearing glasses since I was 10. Now, I'm completely in love with them. I have to wear them permanently, otherwise I'd crash into people xD. My eyesight is that bad. At first I was complaining, but now I feel strange if I take them off even for a few seconds.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

thedarkdefender
Regular
Projects: TBTR
Organization: Clockwork Cafe

#34 Post by thedarkdefender »

Well, I've been mistaken as a snob. I can't see faces clearly if it's like 12 inches away. I didn't crash into people yet XD

try10
Miko-Class Veteran

#35 Post by try10 »

I started wearing glasses in 9th grade because I had myopia ( -1.75 for both eyes). Glasses never worked for me because after a few months it increased to ( -3.75) and Then I decided to wear contacts. I feel better and more comfortable with them because I don't have to take them off everytime I go to bed and stuff. I can wear them for about 3 months or more without taking them off as long as I use some kind of special eyedrops. I'm waiting to see if it will stop growing so I can have laser surgery. Having eye problems is the worst...:(

borisoda
Regular

#36 Post by borisoda »

I think I started wearing them since 6th grade,
and I tend to sleep with my glasses on or take them with one hand that they get bent easily lol

effenelle
Regular
Projects: Un:Wanted [GxB]
Deviantart: effenelle

#37 Post by effenelle »

Aye! I got my first glasses when I was 10, IIRC, coz I like to read in the dark ^_^". And now still wearing it 8) , though my grades aren't too high. 200+ to 300 both eyes, i think.

I'd like to feel beautiful by not wearing glasses (tho i don't like contact lenses), but my close friend forbid me from taking them off when taking my pictures...Although I don't mind wearing glasses, sometimes it makes me feel like there's something like a glass wall between me and other people :/
Un:Wanted (GxB)
A game made from free resources found in LemmaSoft's Creative Commons!
\(^▽^)/
Thanks everyone!

Gear
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Tempestus Sum
Organization: Xenokos Interactive
IRC Nick: Gear

#38 Post by Gear »

I've been wearing glasses since I was six. I switched to contacts briefly, but...the entire time, I felt like not wearing my glasses was losing a piece of my identity, from a physical standpoint. I no longer looked like me. So strangely, I went back to glasses because of an identity crisis.
The best reason to get up in the morning is to outdo yourself: to do it better than you've ever done it before. But if you haven't done it better by nightfall... look at your globe and pick a spot: it's always morning somewhere.

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#39 Post by Pyonkotchi »

I dont actually need glasses but i own several pairs of false glasses because of reasons

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#40 Post by azureXtwilight »

My left eye is -6.5 D and my right eye is -3 D
I don't know if that's because I'm a leftie, or that my left eye is naughty XD

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#41 Post by merdeamour »

Aye! Wearing glasses since I was in second grade, and now my left eye is at -4.5 and my right is at -5.0. I wear contacts sometimes, though.
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

suzuaki
Regular
Completed: Violet White Hill

#42 Post by suzuaki »

ayeeeee

i'm getting my glasses since ten (-1.75 for both eyes) xD

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#43 Post by Donmai »

Aye! Four decades using glasses. I hardly notice they are there all the time.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#44 Post by Googaboga »

Aye. I've been wearing glasses on and off for as long as I can remember. However, I can't remember all the details as for why I have glasses. It has been awhile since I've had my eyes checked >.>.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

kura-ou
Regular

#45 Post by kura-ou »

Googaboga wrote:Aye. I've been wearing glasses on and off for as long as I can remember. However, I can't remember all the details as for why I have glasses. It has been awhile since I've had my eyes checked >.>.
Me, too ;-; It's too expensive nowadays without insurance... (But Googa, I hope that you do get a recent check-up--stay healthy! :D)
my portfolio
=>my *FREE* sketch request thread<=

I am currently booked for May/June/July, but if you would like to buy my ANIMU MERCHANDISE and ADOPTABLES to give them good homes and help keep my college finances afloat over the summer, it would be greatly appreciated ;w;