Elvine [Otome][Late Nano 13]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A
Projects: The Town Pages, Kill the Prince?! [Nano 2020]
Tumblr: heidengames
itch: Heiden

Re: Elvine [Otome][Late Nano 13]

#16 Post by Heiden »

Victoria wrote:I keep having trouble with the download. It's been going for about five hours and it still hasn't been done, in fact, not even half of the file has been. As my speed usually reaches 500kb/sec without any problems, and now it keeps stagnating around 10kb/sec, the problem is most likely with the server (maybe it is more restricted in my area or something, as I don't exactly live in the most populated or known country in the world), but this almost never happens to me... Could you perhaps upload it to another? And one other question, if you don't mind me asking, how come the file's size almost reaches 400 mb? Is it the pictures or the music (the other one being more likely)?
There's about 360 pictures in the game (AAHH) so I'm pretty sure that's what's causing the file to be so big.

And here's two other alternative downloads!

http://temp-share.com/show/dPf30po8W

https://mega.co.nz/#!o4tzgTCS!X7NQGhoSa ... RTj5asg5qI

I hope one of them works!
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

All available to play on my itch.io page!

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#17 Post by pwisaguacate »

I got the Lukas bad ending on my first time through. Giving a "dude, what just happened?" surprise, the ending serves as a reminder to not take the narrator/protagonist's sane views for granted. It felt a little short since it jumped to "Day 26" without an encounter with Bryant and
Evine and Petrarch suddenly gets shanked by a mindless Lukas.
Seeing that this isn't a true ending, I decided it was suitable.

I loaded the last save and spent a good 'nother leading to the Bryant good ending.
The epilogue felt somewhat iffy. The main story, however, was good.
I haven't played for the other two endings yet.

Victoria
Regular
Projects: The Lady Minus Y

#18 Post by Victoria »

Heiden wrote:
Victoria wrote:I keep having trouble with the download. It's been going for about five hours and it still hasn't been done, in fact, not even half of the file has been. As my speed usually reaches 500kb/sec without any problems, and now it keeps stagnating around 10kb/sec, the problem is most likely with the server (maybe it is more restricted in my area or something, as I don't exactly live in the most populated or known country in the world), but this almost never happens to me... Could you perhaps upload it to another? And one other question, if you don't mind me asking, how come the file's size almost reaches 400 mb? Is it the pictures or the music (the other one being more likely)?
There's about 360 pictures in the game (AAHH) so I'm pretty sure that's what's causing the file to be so big.

And here's two other alternative downloads!

http://temp-share.com/show/dPf30po8W

https://mega.co.nz/#!o4tzgTCS!X7NQGhoSa ... RTj5asg5qI

I hope one of them works!
Thank you! The first one seems to be working quite fine at the moment.
Click here for a cross-dressing Otome!

Sekai sora

#19 Post by Sekai sora »

I like your game!!! >O< Special Bryant ending

I cry when he Left Bryant noo!! :( :(

and mary she the most funny in the game ^_____^!!
:lol:

and this is Simple Gift I draw it for Bryant and Elvine :oops: :oops:

I hope you like it it's more like Sketch

and the good ending of lukas kawiii !!!!!!!! :oops: :D

Congratulations Heiden for you game!!

and the art I like it >O<

angelmoon78

#20 Post by angelmoon78 »

This game was amazing! I especially liked Lukas' good ending,
since it explained everything and it felt like the true ending. I first got Bryant's good ending and thought that it was a tad too sad for a fairytale-loving protagonist, so I went for the other good ending and voila!
The story was good thought-out, it was original and sweet (mostly. lol. bad endings are just never satisfying you know?)

Heiden
Regular
Completed: Elvine, The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers, Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend, Beyond the Deep, The Bog's Heart, The Girl With the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A

#21 Post by Heiden »

pwisaguacate wrote:I got the Lukas bad ending on my first time through. Giving a "dude, what just happened?" surprise, the ending serves as a reminder to not take the narrator/protagonist's sane views for granted. It felt a little short since it jumped to "Day 26" without an encounter with Bryant and
Evine and Petrarch suddenly gets shanked by a mindless Lukas.
Seeing that this isn't a true ending, I decided it was suitable.

I loaded the last save and spent a good 'nother leading to the Bryant good ending.
The epilogue felt somewhat iffy. The main story, however, was good.
I haven't played for the other two endings yet.
Regarding Bryant's epilogue -
Yeah I'll admit that I should have done more foreshadowing and even development towards that ending. I didn't want Bryant's ending to be a completely bad end since everyone dies (except Elvine) and so I wanted Elvine's actions to have some sort of lasting effect to sort of mirror Lukas' epilogue as well. I suppose next time I should put more thought into the endings O.O;
Thank you for playing though! :D
angelmoon78 wrote:This game was amazing! I especially liked Lukas' good ending,
since it explained everything and it felt like the true ending. I first got Bryant's good ending and thought that it was a tad too sad for a fairytale-loving protagonist, so I went for the other good ending and voila!
The story was good thought-out, it was original and sweet (mostly. lol. bad endings are just never satisfying you know?)
Oh gosh thank you so much! :D
Yeah Lukas' ending is the true one. I'm actually a big fan of really sad\bittersweet endings so I had to include at least one lol
Sekai sora wrote:I like your game!!! >O< Special Bryant ending

I cry when he Left Bryant noo!! :( :(

and mary she the most funny in the game ^_____^!!
:lol:

and this is Simple Gift I draw it for Bryant and Elvine :oops: :oops:

I hope you like it it's more like Sketch

and the good ending of lukas kawiii !!!!!!!! :oops: :D

Congratulations Heiden for you game!!

and the art I like it >O<
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOO CUUUUTTEEE! :D :D :D :D

I've never gotten fanart of my own characters before this IS SOOO CUUUUUTTTEEE!

Thank you soo much! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And I'm so glad you enjoyed the game! :D
Completed: Elvine (GxB), The Life Threads, Helena's Flowers (GxG)(As Writer, Coder), Dr. Frank's Build-A-Boyfriend (BxB), Beyond the Deep (GxB)(As Artist), The Bog's Heart, The Girl with the Gray Hair Awakens, The Far Rings, NB107A.

Sekai sora

#22 Post by Sekai sora »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOOO CUUUUTTEEE!

I've never gotten fanart of my own characters before this IS SOOO CUUUUUTTTEEE!

Thank you soo much!

And I'm so glad you enjoyed the game!
thanks!! heidine!!
^_____^ :oops: :oops:

Arelune
Regular

#23 Post by Arelune »

This was a pretty nice and interesting game. I find it has a somewhat melancholic feeling to it, probably augmented by the use of classical music, which I liked. The story does suffer a bit from 'I know you for a few days and I like you!', but I actually bought it here. :P

The cgs were reallygreat. Even though it has rough line-art, the colouring was pretty and they were dynamic.

My only complaint is that Lukas sprite is kind of stiff, especially if you compare it to the others and the cgs.

I don't have a favourite ending, I like them both. :)

shutupalice

#24 Post by shutupalice »

This was a really cute game, but I found the description a little misleading. It looked like Mary would have a romantic path, and then it turns out she did not.

I understand if that wasn't the story you wanted to tell, but could you please make it a little clearer in your first post that Mary can't be dated? It's hard enough to find non-skeevy GxG, so getting your hopes up is just... :C

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by philip »

Just downloaded this story, and having done so, I HAD to play through it right away! Got the Lukas good ending first. (love it when stuff turns out that way the first time through) Then, of course I had to go back and find the other endings. Have just finished; I found the story to be very well done and enjoyable. Good job!
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

Heiden
Regular

#26 Post by Heiden »

Arelune wrote:This was a pretty nice and interesting game. I find it has a somewhat melancholic feeling to it, probably augmented by the use of classical music, which I liked. The story does suffer a bit from 'I know you for a few days and I like you!', but I actually bought it here. :P

The cgs were reallygreat. Even though it has rough line-art, the colouring was pretty and they were dynamic.

My only complaint is that Lukas sprite is kind of stiff, especially if you compare it to the others and the cgs.

I don't have a favourite ending, I like them both. :)
Thank you! Lukas' sprite was actually the first one I drew and aahh I might not have known what I was doing haha. But thank you so much for the helpful feedback, I definitally have a lot of things to learn art wise and getting any sort of critique is always helpful!
shutupalice wrote:This was a really cute game, but I found the description a little misleading. It looked like Mary would have a romantic path, and then it turns out she did not.

I understand if that wasn't the story you wanted to tell, but could you please make it a little clearer in your first post that Mary can't be dated? It's hard enough to find non-skeevy GxG, so getting your hopes up is just... :C
Oh I'm so sorry! Reading through my initial post, yeah I can see how it looks like Mary is romanceable. I've gone back and rewritten the initial post to make it a bit more clearer. That's not to say that future otome games\visual novels I make won't have GxG routes however! :)
philip wrote:Just downloaded this story, and having done so, I HAD to play through it right away! Got the Lukas good ending first. (love it when stuff turns out that way the first time through) Then, of course I had to go back and find the other endings. Have just finished; I found the story to be very well done and enjoyable. Good job!
Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

Dawnfire
Regular

#27 Post by Dawnfire »

I had a lot of fun playing this! I agree that the sprites for Lukas were pretty stiff, but the art was great (especially the gorgeous backgrounds) and the writing was fantaaaaastic, especially the true ending. I wish it had been even longer because I enjoyed the original concept and the execution so much.
I was confused after I first got Bryant's ending, though. I loved his route and I didn't mind the tragedy...I mean, as a happy ending fan it made me sad, but it still worked within the story. But I felt that it was strange that none of the answers had been given. I was so relieved to get them in Lukas's ending!
Great job on a wonderful game. If you ever want a writer or proofreader for future projects, I will beg to join. And if not, I can at least promise that I'm going to follow your other stuff!
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

jamesfoster

#28 Post by jamesfoster »

The files seems suspicious. the standard mediafire downloads don't ask for captcha but this one do. Trying to get this one if does really a best games as others says.

Heiden
Regular

#29 Post by Heiden »

jamesfoster wrote:The files seems suspicious. the standard mediafire downloads don't ask for captcha but this one do. Trying to get this one if does really a best games as others says.
Huh, that's odd. Here's an alternative mediafire download for it, maybe this one won't ask for a captcha? http://www.mediafire.com/download/f6550 ... .2-all.zip

If that one still asks for a captcha, here's a Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1m2pv8hn4xltx ... l.zip?dl=0

I wouldn't call it one of the best but thank you for the compliment, haha.