Writer Looking For Project [Free] [CLOSED]

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

Writer Looking For Project [Free] [CLOSED]

#1 Post by melelisun »

Hi! Recently I've really gotten into visual novels, and I'd love to get involved in a project. Will write for free, but donations/low pay would be welcome. (I will prioritize by project interest, not pay.) Will do normal visual novel, dating sim, princess sim, and potentially other varieties. I'm a little more interested in a sim because I wanna try something new, but I would love to look at VN opportunities as well. I'm open to lots of genres, but prefer rom-com or crime/mystery.

Sorry for the deluge of info, so I'll include a short summary for those that want the tl;dr.

Summary:
I can adapt to different writing styles, and characterization and dialogue are big priorities to me. I am committed and will do everything in my power for the accuracy and believability of my writing to be 100%. I will not do yaoi, yuri, or 18+ material, and I'd prefer to keep swearing to a minimum. Writing samples are further below. Keep reading for the in-depth info.
::-::
Strong points:
  • Chameleon writing. One of the strange things about me is that I can adapt to many different styles. Short. Choppy. Action-packed. Or long, roiling paragraphs of descriptive words that ebb and flow with the reader's inner voice.
  • Dialogue. Dialogue is my strongest point. I can do nice people, strict people, snarky people, spacey people, and what-the-heck-are-you-on people. Believable and strong dialogue is one of my top priorities for any story.
  • 3-d characters. This could also be a weak point, because I hate dealing with one dimensional characters.
  • Satisfying romances. First-love romances, silent-intense-bodyguard romances, ordinary-dating romances, etc. I'm a romantic, and romance is one of my strongest points.
  • Accents. British spelling? Scottish slang? Even if I'm not familiar with it, I'll research it until I come with a believable and satisfying style.
  • Research. If I'm not knowledgeable about a topic I will research it until I'm >92.6% sure that I'm right. (Allow a slight margin for error.)
  • Committed. Willing to do long term, even VERY long term (multiple years) projects.
Will not do/weak points:
  • Yaoi, yuri, or 18+ material.
  • Excess gore and other horror.
  • Swearing. More of a weak point than a will-not-do. I'd really rather keep swearing to a minimum.
  • Puzzles/riddles. Don't ask me to come up with puzzles. I'm not smart enough.
  • Flat characters. If your character doesn't have personality, I will ask for a change or further development. This includes villains, to an extent.
Sample writing: Other abilities:
  • Can write in the normal Ren'Py script, including pauses, transitions, images, sound effects, and more.
  • Fleshing out. I can outline an idea and turn it into a well-developed plotline.
  • Advanced violin, intermediate piano, beginner guitar, and upper intermediate orchestral composing (notes only) skills. Again, just ask for details.
  • Concept sketches and art. I dabble a little in manga. No where good enough to be a VN artist, but I can get an idea across.
  • Web content and design. I can manage websites. Won't be able to actually make a website from scratch, but I can find some great hosts and themes, and I know enough CSS and HTML to tweak the look of a site. Ask for details.
  • Singing/songwriting. Bandcamp here. Need an opening or closing song, or a story about a songwriter? If you need some singing and think my voice would fit, contact me.
Policy:
  • If you are not satisfied with my writing, then feel free to give me the boot. Likewise, I reserve the right to refuse a project or request more information before I come to a decision.
  • If you're on the fence, we can arrange a trial period or I can send you more of my work.
  • I'm looking for a project I can put my all in to, so I may be picky. I don't mind time commitment, but I do want to be part of a project I can be passionate about.
  • I'm a visual person, so a huge plus is if you and I share the same taste in art style. (Shoujo-ish, clean. I enjoy Juniper's Knot, Royal Trap, Ripples, and Long Live the Queen.)
Again, sorry for the deluge of info, but I figured it was better to include more than less...
Last edited by melelisun on Mon May 20, 2013 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fluffywuffykins

Re: Writer Looking For Project [Free]

#2 Post by Fluffywuffykins »

---
Last edited by Fluffywuffykins on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

melelisun
Regular
Projects: Zodiac•Axis, Lucid9
Tumblr: lunachaili

Re: Writer Looking For Project [Free] [CLOSED]

#3 Post by melelisun »

Thanks for the compliment! :)