Speechless

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Kessie
Regular

Speechless

#1 Post by Kessie »

Love as far as I know and have experienced, has no clear definition.
It’s an emotion, whether a fleeting feeling caught in the moment or one that is everlasting.
It’s a desire, a want, maybe even enough to classify as a basic human need.
For what is the world, without love?

Genre: GxB Romance, Slice of Life, Drama
Type: Kinetic Novel

Synopsis:
This is the story of a boy and girl who begin to realise that their differences just might be enough to end their relationship on a short note.
As their last argument comes to an end and the days pass by of ignoring the other, the girl contacts her boyfriend in an attempt to reunite but experiences difficulty trying to explain her feelings and point of view, thus rendering her speechless.
After flash-backing through the memories of the time they have spent together, will the girl find the courage to face up to her mistakes and forgive not only him, but herself?

--
The aim of this kinetic novel is to hopefully reach out to others who are also by chance experiencing hardships in their own relationships, whether it be similar or not to the situations of which these two endured
And if not able to relate to you, then we hope this story will still touch you in some small way as we piece it together to deliver a kinetic novel that we hope you will come to remember.

The Characters:

The Girl
Name: Jazz Spencer
Relationship Status: The one wearing the pants.
General Personality:
Jazz is a mix of conflicting personality attributes.
A specific one to be noted would be that while she can be the laziest person on the planet, she can also be the most active (when high on caffeine and sugar).
She has a strong sense of justice to be admired and will seek it out even at times that do not require her involvement which usually gets her in trouble both verbal and physical. She loves to help people a little too much but despite that, she thinks very little of herself because of her past experiences making her believe she is too different from others; maybe even an alien!
Although she comes off as a strong character, she like everyone else has her weak moments.
Position on Love: She rarely likes anyone, but when she does.. she falls hard. TIMBERRR

The Boy
Name: Kevin Wong
Relationship Status: The one who wears pants too but- you know.
General Personality:
Kevin is a musician at hand and at heart, if he's not strumming his guitar he is on the computer creating dubstep tracks.
Unlike Jazz, he gets out there and gets along with people very well and is often involved in social gatherings including but not limited to; parties, clubbing and etc. and has no problem scoring invites.
Again, unlike Jazz he is a very peaceful person and avoids instances of conflict especially physical. Even though he also has that same desire to help others, he is not the type to intervene so rashly.
He loves to joke around, sometimes too much that it's hard to take what he says seriously or to at least tell when he's being absolutely serious.
Position on Love: He's had a few too many crushes but Jazz is his first girlfriend.

Sample CG:
---
Artist and Proofreader: rufiangel
Writer and Programmer: Kessie
Voice Actors from VAA:
Pocket-Sized Kitsune (as Jazz)
xXTwistedVIxX (as Kevin)
T-Flow (as Gregory)
AssenavxActress (as Ayla)

This is my first thread topic so feel free to correct me if I missed a detail I should have added or included. ^^;; I had to stare at this blank box for quite some time. e.e
Please keep in mind that this is just the general idea and is subject to change overtime.

If you would like to help/contribute in this project in some way, that would also be greatly appreciated. :D Thanks for stopping by.
Last edited by Kessie on Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:54 am, edited 10 times in total.

specialtantei
Veteran

Re: Speechless [KN][SLICE OF LIFE]

#2 Post by specialtantei »

Oooh, seems nice, and I like the art. Good luck with it :D!

Kessie
Regular

Re: Speechless [KN][SLICE OF LIFE]

#3 Post by Kessie »

specialtantei wrote:Oooh, seems nice, and I like the art. Good luck with it :D!
Thank you :D Was very lucky to find her as an artist! :3

Kessie
Regular

Re: Speechless [Updated]

#4 Post by Kessie »

-Bump- Updated.

FarahElshami

#5 Post by FarahElshami »

hmmm very good, *claps* , love the arts btw !! great job indeed, can't wait for it! :DD

Kessie
Regular

#6 Post by Kessie »

FarahElshami wrote:hmmm very good, *claps* , love the arts btw !! great job indeed, can't wait for it! :DD
Thankyou! :D Will send compliments over to the artist. :3
Hope you'll enjoy the KN when it comes out as much as we enjoy making it. ^-^

erinism
Regular

#7 Post by erinism »

Sounds so inspired - I actually know a couple just like this and I've wondered how they manage to stay together. And from what you've written, this sounds like a real break-up too, I know I've been in this position and was too proud to try and make amends - it'll be nice to see how these two work through their problems.

I like seeing real romance in games too, and not just the hollowness of simulated romance in dating sims - So it's great to see this nestled in the romance genre.

Keep up the good work.

Kessie
Regular

#8 Post by Kessie »

erinism wrote:Sounds so inspired - I actually know a couple just like this and I've wondered how they manage to stay together. And from what you've written, this sounds like a real break-up too, I know I've been in this position and was too proud to try and make amends - it'll be nice to see how these two work through their problems.

I like seeing real romance in games too, and not just the hollowness of simulated romance in dating sims - So it's great to see this nestled in the romance genre.

Keep up the good work.

Thanks for dropping by! :D And i'm so glad you picked that up :o.
It is based on actual events ^^; and I also agree to the comment on simulated romance in dating sims. While some are fun, I would still prefer to see more relatable romances in games out there so I figured I'd give it a go (starting off with a kinetic novel! chyeah~!).

Thanks again for your support, I also wish you the very best of luck with your project. :D

unknown5
Veteran
Completed: (see sig)
Projects: slit-mouth girl, purifier, etc.

Re: Speechless

#9 Post by unknown5 »

looking forward to reading your story =)
information wants to be free, yo.

Kessie
Regular

#10 Post by Kessie »

unknown5 wrote:looking forward to reading your story =)
Thank you. :D
I am in the process of rewriting some of the scenes so I hope you will enjoy the read when it's completed.

Kessie
Regular

#11 Post by Kessie »

We are now holding auditions for voice acting!

Click the link below for more details if you are interested. :D
http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/sh ... less-1F-1M

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#12 Post by merdeamour »

Wah, you already have sprites and a CG! Amazing! Go, Kess! (:
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

Kessie
Regular

#13 Post by Kessie »

merdeamour wrote:Wah, you already have sprites and a CG! Amazing! Go, Kess! (:
Awww thanks! <(^^<)
I was lucky to find her as an artist xD.
I'll be sure to let you know when it's done and am wishing you the best of luck with your projects too. :3

Kessie
Regular

#14 Post by Kessie »

Update!

The writing is complete, voice actors have been picked and delivered with scripts! ^^
Along the way, two minor characters named Gregory and Ayla have also been added.

FarahElshami

#15 Post by FarahElshami »

Kessie wrote:Update!

The writing is complete, voice actors have been picked and delivered with scripts! ^^
Along the way, two minor characters named Gregory and Ayla have also been added.
yayyyyy so its almost done ^_^