Serendipity [Slice of Life] [Mystery] [Friendship]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
rocketz555

Serendipity [Slice of Life] [Mystery] [Friendship]

#1 Post by rocketz555 »

Noma has just graduated from college.
Now that he is in the real world what should he do?
Should he pursue a career?
Or sleep in and let life and fate decide his life?
:)

There are 7 endings (give or take) :lol:
2 True ("Happy") endings
Around 30-40 minutes of gameplay.
Screen shot 2013-05-29 at 12.29.06 AM.png
Screen shot 2013-05-29 at 12.28.21 AM.png
Sorry for that cheesy description. This is a visual novel that me and my friend created for our senior project. Neither me nor my friend are writers nor artists. This is also the first visual novel that me and my friend created so don't expect too much from it. There isn't any music, ran out of time and couldn't add that in. :lol:

The storyline is quite cheesy and strange. Is it possible for it to be both? You may lose 30-40 minutes of your life. There are no refunds. :twisted:

We also apologize for the lousy artwork. We wanted to draw it ourselves (probably a mistake). If you go blind from it, we hold no responsibility. You have been warned. :twisted:

You still reading? :shock:

Well if you aren't bored to death than feel free to give our visual novel a try. Hopefully it works.

Thank you very much. :D
Serendipity-1.0-all.zip
Zip for game.
(26.36 MiB) Downloaded 2124 times

Genod

Re: Serendipity [Slice of Life] [Mystery] [Friendship]

#2 Post by Genod »

Congrats on getting a VN out there! Something I'm still working on after several months *ahem*. Ho hum.

And it's not *that* bad, really! I suppose the dialogue is the weakest part, which comes across as very stilted so it's hard to connect with any of these characters. Still, I stuck with it through till the good ends of both story branches; which is not something I always manage.

Thanks for sharing :)

rocketz555

#3 Post by rocketz555 »

Much appreciated for giving our VN a go. I agree that our dialogue is terrible, so thanks for sticking with it.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by philip »

Hey! . . . . just noticed this story, so downloaded it and played it through . . . and through . . . etc. Found all the endings. Really enjoyed it!
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

DeepestSky

#5 Post by DeepestSky »

Congratulations on finishing your game ^_^.

Just finished playing through all endings and it was quite a different approach from what I had usually seen with visual novels - and new approaches are always good. I did find the VN a tad depressing at some parts, but that might have been just me (also, no one said it must be all sunshine and butterflies all the time...). I think I enjoyed the quotes at reaching the ending the most. Good luck on your future projects!

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#6 Post by merdeamour »

Congratulations on finishing this! (:

It WAS a little depressing (not what I expected at all xD), but that didn't make me dislike it. The dialogue was awkward at times, like Genod said. The good endings were pretty good, though (uh, hello, Captain Obvious...) (:
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#7 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I didn't agree with the part when the MC is heartless for not apologizing though he did nothing wrong.
The boss is obviously cool, even too sleazy, but Kenko still fears him like a tyrant, but still I am who doesn't neglect the tasks. And it's hard to believe Kenko got that much more or harder work than I did, so lagging behind with a doorstopper worth of papers was assumably his own fault, and expecting me to do it for him despite having enough own work to do definitely did look like him taking advantage of me. And even when he lost an important file and was fretting about it, he let me search for it while he disappeared to the toilet. And accusing me with undermining him and sucking up to the boss even if I never dumped any of my tasks to him and didn't force him to run away whenever Hank joined us in the arcade was painful but disgustingly unfair.

misteen
Projects: makkurayami no serenade
Organization: Ninetyseven

#8 Post by misteen »

Thank you for sharing!
I liked the overall theme of Serendipity, I can say it was what pushed me to play it.
While playing I found other themes like friendship well developed, so I really enjoyed it. I still have to reveal all the endings but for what I saw so far, good job ^ ^