Mega Man Legends 3 an Idea

For the rest of your otaku life.
dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

Mega Man Legends 3 an Idea

#1 Post by dramspringfeald »

So I got to thinking. We have the tech and there are plenty of Mega Man /Rockman fans out there. Why don't WE make the game?

You know with today's tech we could make a "Fapcom" Mega Man Legends 3 game.

I mean we've got the Technical specs, most the concept art and enough die hard fans to put a script together. would take a few months or a year seeing as how these kinds of forums work. But it IS an Idea.

Got the Idea while looking at this This
Last edited by dramspringfeald on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:29 am, edited 3 times in total.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

RE: Mega Man *Legends* 3 an Idea

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

I think you meant Mega Man *Legends* 3. I say this because Mega Man 3 was a good NES game that I rented or borrowed at least once. And on the original Gameboy, the game called Mega Man 3 is a remake of NES games #3 and #4. The names are all kinda similar, and get a bit confusing.

There are two main sites that are currently trying to generate support for an official version of MM Legends 3 to be made: Legends3 and 100,000 Strong on Facebook. And I found a fan project that may be active at Project Legends.

One more thing... your link to Gelbooru didn't work. Since most of that site is *very NSFW*, you might want to use Safebooru or another worksafe site instead (unless you're in the adult section of this forum).

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: RE: Mega Man *Legends* 3 an Idea

#3 Post by dramspringfeald »

gekiganwing wrote:I think you meant Mega Man *Legends* 3. I say this because Mega Man 3 was a good NES game that I rented or borrowed at least once. And on the original Gameboy, the game called Mega Man 3 is a remake of NES games #3 and #4. The names are all kinda similar, and get a bit confusing.

There are two main sites that are currently trying to generate support for an official version of MM Legends 3 to be made: Legends3 and 100,000 Strong on Facebook. And I found a fan project that may be active at Project Legends.

One more thing... your link to Gelbooru didn't work. Since most of that site is *very NSFW*, you might want to use Safebooru or another worksafe site instead (unless you're in the adult section of this forum).
Yeah sorry about that. Mega Man Legends 3.

It was one of the concept girls where you have to decide which shirt she was wearing. Really it was just where I had the idea. ANYWAY Link right off my own site. :/
Link

but yeah I was testing the waters to see if there was any interest and it would seem there is.
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

pkt
Veteran
Completed: I dunno
Projects: Something special

Re: Mega Man Legends 3 an Idea

#4 Post by pkt »

go for it...it wouldn't be too hard, might get some capcom support if they like it and it's not too lewd...
No Active Public Renpy Projects...

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by dramspringfeald »

Actually I've been working on the story for now.

I wasn't interested in the "Bright Bats" as the main characters. It requires using valuable Story time to explaining what the hell they were even there for. Instead I'm sticking to the core group. Maybe Roll or Tron going down into the ruins to gather the supplies. Maybe using the bats as an ignorant foil. I mean that gear WOULD have a bounty for it (IE Roll and Tron footing the bill) and they don't know who Roll is until later in the game.

All this while MM is on the moon trying to figure out a way back. Only problem is he would have to activate Trigger (Old MM before he lost his memory and was a top class purifier unit) to find the back door to the moon OR not and stumble across it.

It would be Megaman Legends 3 in more then one way. 3 stories happening at the same time multiple endings, Answering all the real questions like; How about WHO was Megaman Trigger? How did he lose his memory? Would Trigger know of a back door and at what cost would it be to bring him back? What about Tron and Roll? Does Tron have a scheme to screw over Roll to get MM as her own? Would MM even remember them if he decided to become Trigger to save the world? What the hell is Data? Will Roll and Tron be able to Save Rock from Trigger? Will Roll have to fight Trigger? "WHO WILL DIE?!?!" Toss in a Morality meter (like light and dark MML) and you have almost a full game Right there.

SundownKid
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Icebound, Selenon Rising Ep. 1-2
Projects: Selenon Rising Ep. 3-4
Organization: Fastermind Games
Deviantart: sundownkid

#6 Post by SundownKid »

Knowing C(r)apcom you will get hit with a cease and desist for trying to make a Megaman fan-game. Not to mention, whatever story you make might end up being rewritten if they ever do make an official continuation 10 years later.

My recommendation is to make a new indie game that's similar to Mega Man Legends without being Mega Man, and get it popular amongst the fans of the Legends games. Maybe you will end up making some money in the process!

ShippoK
Veteran
Projects: Eyes of Gold (In-Progress)
Organization: (Red Moon)

#7 Post by ShippoK »

SundownKid wrote:Knowing C(r)apcom you will get hit with a cease and desist for trying to make a Megaman fan-game.
Never stopped Street Fighter X Megaman.

But then Capcom kind of labeled it as there own game...
And making it the 25th anniversary of Capcom's Mega Man and Street Fighter franchises...
Which probably meant they were never planning on making an anything for Megaman's anniversary..

And I thought Samus had it bad.
Much Appreciated for those who took the Survey!

Image Image
Eyes of Gold [BL (Suspense) (+18)] IN-PROGRESS
Alternate Online [(Friendship) (+10)] ON-HOLD
DeviantART• •[Honest critique] - 'Honesty is its own reward.'

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#8 Post by pwisaguacate »

Off topic, but to share a Gelbooru link, look at the URL and fix it.

403 Forbiddened (maybe): http://cdn1.gelbooru.com//samples/317/s ... png?320773
Working link (SFW): http://cdn1.gelbooru.com/samples/317/sa ... ccb423.png

Hey now, don't look at me like I'm shady.

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by dramspringfeald »

Yeah Sorry about that. Forgot about the numbers at the end. Also Direct linking is not liked. Hit F5 then enter. They are total tools about it... OR...

*Editing it to my site...
FIXED