I want 2 be single [Comedy]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

Re: I want 2 be single [Comedy]

#16 Post by Katta »

Boniae wrote:@ Usagi Totoro: Sure thing! Here's a mediafire mirror.
File Unavailable for Transfer

Boniae
Regular
Completed: I want 2 be single and Forget-Me-Not
Projects: Cry Girlhood, Dakota Wanderers, Sagebrush
Organization: Rosewater Games
Tumblr: boniae

#17 Post by Boniae »

Hmm, not sure why but mediafire likes to give me trouble with this file. (I originally uploaded it to mediafire before and it was giving an error to some people) :?

Okay I reuploaded it and I hope this one works??? If not, sorry guys, I don't know why it's giving trouble. There's a direct download on the renai site, though.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#18 Post by CheeryMoya »

Boniae wrote:Hmm, not sure why but mediafire likes to give me trouble with this file. (I originally uploaded it to mediafire before and it was giving an error to some people) :?
Mediafire's been cracking down on copyright lately and taking off a lot of files, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't know about Creative Commons. Either way MF's no good anymore.

Aaaaah I think I remember telling you this already, but I really liked this game uwu Everyone's writing is 200% better than mine hhh

trish_vc
Regular
Projects: SC; Lost Memories (on hold)
Deviantart: ash-chiori

#19 Post by trish_vc »

nothing's as great as being single!! :D hahah
http://www.facebook.com/aeisha.valenzuelacorporal
Image I'm an Unappreciated- ARTIST, WRITER, EDITOR, DEBATER.. You can ask me to Proofread, Draw, and whatever.*

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

#20 Post by AngelicBlood »

Hikaru's path was hillarious.Oh my god, I've never laughed so hard.
I beat the shit out of Daiki on the first meeting. I'm proud of myself.
THE DAD.THE DAD, OMG.
They're all so damn creepy 0.o
How do they all know how to get to her house?
I only took Daiki's 'good ending' where he goes out with Tohru seriously. I enjoyed playing this game so much xD

IefaSan
Projects: I'm willing to help anyone with their projects! PM me if you want to use my help. I can help with: plot, dialogue, a tester or script (but my English is not really good). Or if you just want someone to help you with anything, just PM me... ^_^

#21 Post by IefaSan »

First of all, I literally lol-ed while playing this game.
Like everyone else, Hikaru cracked me up. How is a man that pretty turn into psycho? And Deja's father!! That's explains Deja's family name, Sparrow... Though I don't know if that is a sparrow...

The Art.. is actually confusing.. LOL... Well, the art of the boys characters are so good... While the art for the girls portraits are still good but not as good as the boy? Haha...

And why did Deja want to stay single?? Man, if I was Deja, I accepted them. Psycho or not.. Haha..

Good game! Keep up the good work!
"Because what's worse than knowing you want something, besides knowing you can never have it?" - James Patterson, 'The Angel Experiment '

Boniae
Regular

#22 Post by Boniae »

@ Moya: Hmm, ohh so that's it then. Man, and Mediafire used to be my favorite filehosting site, what happened to you mediafire??? *sad breaking up music* :(
SniFFLES yeahh I saw you liveblog it on tumblr, ahaha, but it feels like such an honor wahahhhhhh thANK YOU!!!! :oops:
whAT omg moya your games are so well written dont u eVEN

@ trish_vc: Haha, you got that right! :lol: *sets up a romantic date with me and my laptop*

@ AngelicBlood: Haha, thank you for the comments! So glad you enjoyed it!!! uwu

@ IefaSan: Thank you for playing the game and thank you for the feedback!!! :mrgreen:
Haha, and yeah her Dad is a Sparrow! I think you're the only one who caught on with the last name being the bird species he is.
Yeah, and the styles are mismatched because they're free resources. I was planning on drawing them but I never got the time to it. (I made the game in a week so it was kinda impossible. XD)
Hmmm why does Deja want to be single??? The world will never know... 8)

trish_vc
Regular
Projects: SC; Lost Memories (on hold)
Deviantart: ash-chiori

#23 Post by trish_vc »

ey! ey! can you post a walkthrough? :3 :D thank you!!
http://www.facebook.com/aeisha.valenzuelacorporal
Image I'm an Unappreciated- ARTIST, WRITER, EDITOR, DEBATER.. You can ask me to Proofread, Draw, and whatever.*

Loxmore_Sin

#24 Post by Loxmore_Sin »

I'm pretty sure I ruptured my organs from playing this. So funny, so beautiful. I was surprised about how much I came to respect Deja. I wish there were more protagonists of her flavour that are willing to stand by their convictions and won't let people take advantage.

I only expected to play something silly, and while it is, your irreverent setup allowed you to expose some common (and terrible) issues that spring up in the realms of dating/VNs.

Now, for some more specific comments...
1. The Notebook Paper Envelope Route:
While enjoyable, this route kind of fades in the background compared to the others. The letter was hilarious, though, and I did find the pathetic behavior of this route's bachelor amusing.
2. The Pink Envelope Route:
This is easily the funniest route of the bunch. From the contrast between the cutesy as hell letter with the physical appearance of it's sender to some of the hilarious photoshopping with the stock images, I laughed quite a bit. I'm a little curious as to the other girl's experiences, and it kind of seemed like there was supposed to be more on that, but it's not something that particularly troubled me. I enjoyed this take on the yandere trope and your implication that this person was actually getting treatment for their issues. (Even if there was an issue with medication during the VN.)
3. The Plain Envelope Route:
I quickly caught on that this route was going to be about friendzoning. I rolled my eyes real hard. This kind of people are annoying and I was relieved when Deja left him in her dust. Then I played through the other choices and found myself oddly liking this route. It was nice how Deja managed to knock some sense into him and they remained friends. I like the idea of VNs letting you make friends through your choices.
4. Screw That! Route/Other Comments:
I kind of wish every VN would have this route, one where the protagonist would think "This is dumb" and goes about their merry way. It'd be very satisfying in some of the VNs I've played to know there was a way for my player character to avoid crazy shenanigans.
Also, I totally dig the bird head father in what appears to be a Spanish conquistador clothing. He seems like one cool bird dude. I like that there actually seems to be a child/parent relationship. The existence of involved parents is a rare thing in VNs, which is very odd when it's about school aged characters.
I think the only thing I'd request is the addition of music. There are several moments that would have had even greater impact with a few choice tunes.
I really enjoyed this and I'll definitely dig my hands into anything else you choose to make in the future.

Boniae
Regular

#25 Post by Boniae »

So I made a walkthrough because Trish_vc requested. I hope this is helpful to anyone else as well who's having trouble with getting all the endings. :mrgreen:
Daiki's endings:
- Notebook paper
--> Ending 1
- "Yeah, it felt like an eternity."
- Slam the door in his face
--> Ending 2
- "Yeah, it felt like an eternity."
- Tell him to go away
--> Ending 3
- "Are you the guy who wrote that ridiculous letter?"

Hikaru's endings:
- Pink envelope
--> Ending 1
- Agree with him
- Walk away
- Call out
--> Ending 2
- Disagree with him
- Say something
- Fight back

Shinji's endings:
- Plain envelope
--> Ending 1
- Call out to him
- "I just want you to know, though..."
- Start off peacefully
--> Ending 2
- Just sit down at the table
- "What about the peanuts?"
- Have no mercy

Misc ending:
- Screw that
@ Loxmore_Sin:
Thank you so so so much for all that feedback! I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

- Pink envelope
Haha, yeah the whole yandere trope in other games/anime sometimes worries me, because it's like if this was real life they would seriously need some help??Or medication?? I know it's just a fiction but there's some people who don't question it...
- Plain envelope
OoooHH man, friendzoning....i feel you on that. I wanted to make it so that it wasn't like Deja was completely merciless, but in a way wanted to change the way he thought about treating the girls he liked. I guess that goes for all the other routes too, because friendship is the greatest!!! lmao :mrgreen:
- Screw that/other comments
I know what you mean, even if it was a short ending it would be nice if there was a way for the character to be happy and avoid all of the stuff in the game. (usually endings like that are bad endings if you end up alone. :^( )
Parent/child relationships is always something I've wanted in a VN even if it wasn't like they were super close, but in so many VN's its like where's they're parents??? and when they're there its like "oh yeah thats my mom okay now to date some ppl" :lol:
Ooh yeah music is always a good thing in VN's, I just didn't have enough time. I'm thinking about adding some more stuff (maybe one or two other dates?) to make it more polished. Someday....hopefully :lol:
Thanks so much for the kind comments! I hope that when I make something you'll enjoy it too! ^^

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

#26 Post by khfan12 »

Alright, I'm finally able to try this VN out. I'll download it, go through it, and get back to you :)
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader

Lilyannenora

#27 Post by Lilyannenora »

ixWishing wrote:Oh yes, I remember this from the PPHS thingy lol.
I downloaded it, and played it 2 days after.
What really got my dying was
Hikaru's route
Like wth man, LOL. A romantic stalker, who has some of problem? Just hilarious (only in the game, not inrl)

I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU PHOTOSHOPPED HIS FACE OVER A STOCK IMAGE, OMFG LOL.
I was just dying, LOL. Him threatening Deja with the knives, then napping in her dad's bed?! Hilarious lol.

I agree the photoshopped face of Hikaru was hilarious^^ (The head of the father is really.... hum, original o_0)

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#28 Post by Talann »

Ohmy, I still am in tears.
This has to be the most amazing, and well-liked (by me) game in the world!
I'm serious! I loved the protoganist's attitude towards dating and relationships.
And, omg, I just completely lost it at the PhotoShopped stock images, oh my god! And Hikaru! He was amazingly hiarious, I think my lungs blew up from laughing! ...I don't even know how to describe this game properly but, the dad! His pigeon face had me wetting myself! My sister came running into my bedroom because she thought I was crying and she was scared at the amount of noise I made from thumping my foot on the ground to stop myself from laughing so hard!
I just can't even believe you made such a hilarious game whilst every character were being serious.
I am 100% sure that I will download every single game you create from now on!
Thank you so much for making my day, lol.

erikoillustrations
Regular
Projects: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie | GILDA
Organization: Pineapple Harem
Tumblr: erikoillustrations

#29 Post by erikoillustrations »

oh jFC I CAN'T EVEN. I lost it at Hikaru's route. iCANTBREATHE
Current Project: Siren's Plea | Fortune Cookie
[Art Commission Status: OPEN]

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#30 Post by distorsion »

I'd love to play this, but as usual 4shared won't let me download unless I do so through facebook or twitter, neither of which I have. It tells me to wait 20 seconds for the download to start, but it never does.
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!