Love Snatch [BXG][VN]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
kuri_chii
Regular
Completed: RHWIMY beta 1.0
Projects: Right here where I met you, Love Snatch, Monarchy High
Organization: VND - AWA
IRC Nick: Kuri
Deviantart: franzzzz002

Love Snatch [BXG][VN]

#1 Post by kuri_chii »

A New Visual Novel Developed

All he know is about money and how to earn them. He's a perfect gentleman, a woman's dream they said but he doesn't know what real love is. He met many girls but don't get that feeling.

Play as the Main character and fall inlove to the girl you love

Currently ongoing Developing

Main Menu

Last edited by kuri_chii on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best way showing your feelings is to write Novel Stories :3
DeviantArt | Monarchy High | RHWIMY | Love Snatch

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Love Snatch [BXG][VN]

#2 Post by gekiganwing »

kuri_chii wrote:He's a perfect gentleman, a woman's dream they said but he [doesn't know] what real love is.
That's a decent story pitch. But to get people interested, you will need at least a few interesting characters and a setting. When you have time, think about the following:

* Your main character is a rich guy, and he's presumably heterosexual. But apart from that, who is he? Does he have a predetermined personality? Does the reader define who he is through actions and perhaps statistics? Is he a blank slate who just stands in for the audience?

* What other characters exist in the story? Generally speaking, it's wise to avoid including too many. I think you'll benefit if you include only as many as the story requires. It seems safe to assume there will be at least one love interest. Perhaps there will be meaningful roles for family, friends, other possible love interests, rivals, antagonists, fellow students/coworkers, teachers/bosses, and so on.

* Where and when does it happen? The events in your story could take place in a setting which you know well (present-day or recent past, and in a relatively realistic version of a place you've lived in). If the setting is unfamiliar (a town or nation you don't personally know; the distant past or years into future), then you will benefit from doing some research.

* Audience: Think about what sort of content is appropriate. How worksafe is your romance story? What sort of content rating would it realistically get? Are there story-relevant scenes of violence? Subject matter which is horrifying, depressing, or only appropriate for mature audiences?

* Theme and tone: Do you have a message to convey to the audience? What can people expect from your VN -- comedy, drama, calm everyday life, or something else? Is the pacing fast, slow, or somewhere in between?

* Gameplay: Do you want to create complex gameplay, or do you want to focus on the story?

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#3 Post by fleet »

One other bit of advice: Get an editor/proofreader who has English as his or her primary language.

I hope you enjoy making your visual novel.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

kuri_chii
Regular

#4 Post by kuri_chii »

oh...shame...I dindt read it very carefully...my bad...

kuri_chii
Regular

#5 Post by kuri_chii »

That's a decent story pitch. But to get people interested, you will need at least a few interesting characters and a setting. When you have time, think about the following:

* Your main character is a rich guy, and he's presumably heterosexual. But apart from that, who is he? Does he have a predetermined personality? Does the reader define who he is through actions and perhaps statistics? Is he a blank slate who just stands in for the audience?

* What other characters exist in the story? Generally speaking, it's wise to avoid including too many. I think you'll benefit if you include only as many as the story requires. It seems safe to assume there will be at least one love interest. Perhaps there will be meaningful roles for family, friends, other possible love interests, rivals, antagonists, fellow students/coworkers, teachers/bosses, and so on.

* Where and when does it happen? The events in your story could take place in a setting which you know well (present-day or recent past, and in a relatively realistic version of a place you've lived in). If the setting is unfamiliar (a town or nation you don't personally know; the distant past or years into future), then you will benefit from doing some research.

* Audience: Think about what sort of content is appropriate. How worksafe is your romance story? What sort of content rating would it realistically get? Are there story-relevant scenes of violence? Subject matter which is horrifying, depressing, or only appropriate for mature audiences?

* Theme and tone: Do you have a message to convey to the audience? What can people expect from your VN -- comedy, drama, calm everyday life, or something else? Is the pacing fast, slow, or somewhere in between?

* Gameplay: Do you want to create complex gameplay, or do you want to focus on the story?
wow thnx...that will help me :D