INSERT TITLE HERE (Yes, this is the name of this OELVN)

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

INSERT TITLE HERE (Yes, this is the name of this OELVN)

#1 Post by mugenjohncel »

A long while ago. I started this thing called Project Gakuen (School Project) which is basically a large reusable and scalable School Themed VN Framework. You can view the progress here... http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 93#p230193

As you can see, the project revolves around the concept of sustainability and reusability. The idea would be to have a School where you can insert your own stories. Of course midway through the thread was being constantly updated to the point that it was so bloated it was facing a thread lock so I have decided to stop posting about my projects publicly and continue working on them privately and quietly.

Fast forward a few months. The Applegate International School is now scaled down to manageable size and is now Applegate High School. It is your Typical Generic Japanese School. Compared to the original School, it is kinda pale but it still does have the typical school facilities such as Classrooms, Toilets, Gym and the Storage Room that is locked from the outside. The project is now at a stage where the framework is almost complete to the point that you can now insert stories and graphics without modifying the framework much yet it was scalable that you can add your own customized things like Stats, Clocks and so forth.

Allow me the pleasure to present to you peoples....
Yes, that is the name of the game and I'm not even kidding. There is only so much a (currently) one-man team can do and most of my processing powers are already spent on perfecting this framework that I can no longer think of a decent title so I decided to go with this and get it over with. Anyways, what you see here is the first game to come out of the Project Gakuen Series. I know a project this size will require a few team member but given the current state of most of the threads here in Lemmasoft Recruitment Section... I decided to shoulder most of the effort and have a working project to show before I'll recruit for the tasks that I really badly needed help... specifically writing... Yes, this currently a working VN that has a setting, a set of predetermined events, daily day to day activities but doesn't have a story... not even a protagonist.

And this is where "INSERT TITLE HERE" (Yes, this is the name of this OELVN) comes in.

It's an OELVN inspired by LVUER's R.S.P. OELVN where you chase girls and strip them and the same goes here. Except it's not as straightforward as the previous one. This OELVN will serve as a showcase of what the framework can do. It will have the typical Visual Novel Stat Building, The ever persistent Time of the Day where every action you take consumes time, The Navigation System where you can move from one place to another freely and of course, the DSE and RSP framework... And best of all... the basic framework will be available open to the public so anyone can take a look and disassemble it to create their own OELVN's (yes... I prefer this term to EVN)... Once I reach a point where I can show this to the public I'll start begging for writers.
Glorious Japanese Looking OELVN

Another thing about this project is that it will feature Glorious Japanese characters here and there. The reason for this is pretty straightforward... I wanted to make this project look like it came from Japan and putting Japanese Google Translated text is pretty much the only means available to me because I doubt anyone here who knows how to write Japanese properly will join this project... sad isn't it...
Image Image Image
Screenshots from earlier build showcasing the Time Function
That's all for now... stay tuned for more updates...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Coren
Mindscrew Driver
Completed: Dear Mariko, Six Rules, Ribbon of Green, RE: Prince of Nigeria, Doppelganger, Cole's Gate Demo, Crimson Rafflesia Demo, Mica: Apoptosis Demo
Projects: Crimson Rafflesia, Mica: Apoptosis, Fantasy Euthanasia
Organization: Soyasushi Productions
Tumblr: CorenBaili
Deviantart: CorenB

Re: INSERT TITLE HERE (Yes, this is the name of this OELVN)

#2 Post by Coren »

This is beautiful Uncle Mugen.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#3 Post by mugenjohncel »

I just realized a horrible thing...

Unlike most WIP thread... we cannot reveal the girls or any other character because part of the game is actually try and figure out who are the members of the current RSP club...

Good thing I realized this so early before posting any images :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#4 Post by LVUER »

Sounds amazing (I can't say look since there's not much graphics yet). I want to contribute some story/writing so count me in ;)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#5 Post by mugenjohncel »

OK about the writing... let's clarify a few things here....

The protagonist like from the previous RSP game transferred to the school because of some convenient reason. Then like the previous RSP, you are greeted by this particular girl to join the RSP Club (disguised as some lame club I still need to think of) then this particular girl who happens to be the Vice-President of the club tells you all about RSP Club which is basically a strip RSP where you search for members of RSP and engage in a stripping match. Then she drags a girl who just recently joined the RSP Club and as expected you'll beat her easily. Then you are handed the defeated girl's panty which will now serve as a sort of tool of declaration of challenge to other RSP players. Long story short... you'll flash the panty in front of the RSP player you wish to challenge but here's the catch... you have no idea who they were or where they are and is only given vague hints from time to time... you can talk to the currently known 2 members of RSP frequently and their hints change from day to day... sometimes they will not cooperate unless you run errands for them. Oh and the president will transfer out to another school within 30 days so you'd better hurry...

Here's the tricky part... you will have to be very VERY careful when showing the panty because if you happen to show it at the wrong person... chances are they will avoid you for a few days... do it enough times and everyone will label you as a pervert and people except likeminded and perverted ones will avoid talking to you. There is a cooldown period though where people slowly forget about that panty you just flashed but that takes time and you only have 30 days left. Of course exposed and defeated... the fallen can give hints from time to time about the remaining undiscovered RSP members.

the plan would be to have a single writer write a scenario and focus on a girl or two that will be bound by these requirements...

● She'll start as a total stranger to the protagonist so no osama-najimis and former classmates.

● The girl must not act suspicious at the start nor give hints that she is a member of the RSP club.

● She'll have her own movement behaviour that is bound by the limitations of the existing school framework... For example... a writer introduced her girl as a sort of nerdy but meek girl who likes to read books and prefers spending most of her time in the library during breaks and after class. For the protagonist, this is obviously a pretty straightforward move. Just go to the appropriate place where you expect her to be and start a conversation. A few days and conversations later she'll open up which eventually will lead to you being closer to each other. Another good example would be a delinquent type who would occasionally cut classes and would be present at the roof during class hours and you'll have to run errands for her. Or to make more interesting... two writers will cross each others work and make it a requirement for the protagonist to either accomplish or cross paths with one character in order to gain access to the other girl.

● RSP and dating should be separate meaning regardless of you discovered she's an RSP member or not. You can still date her or get close to her.

● Not all datable girls are RSP members.

● All of the events will happen during school hours and within school premises.

● The weather is always sunny and clear so no rain or cloudy scenes. The reason for this is because there is only one artist working on all the assets of this project and that would be me (sad isn't it)... the framework requires each BG to have 8 different time of day variants multiply it with the amount of final locations and I'll have a lot of BG to create. Adding weather variations will strain the poor artist... me :( and make the framework slightly more complex for the coder...again me :(

● More to come...

For this to be better understood... I'll release a basic game (without RSP) with a single datable girl and detailed instructions how to get her so you'll have an idea how the framework works and what limitations will the writer have.
LVUER wrote:I want to contribute some story/writing so count me in
Of course... you are already in this from the very beginning... :mrgreen: I'll send you the framework and additional data once I got enough materials here...

Now about the girls... of course we cannot introduce any characters here (perhaps with the exception of the sample character) but allow me to show you a breakdown of the typical girls uniform...

Depending on girls, there could be more or less items to remove but what you see here is the typical complete uniform where you remove them in this order.

COAT ► VEST ► SKIRT ► LONG SLEEVE ► NECKTIE ► BRA ► UNDERWEAR ► PROFIT!

Of course there are some girls who prefer to do it this way...

COAT ► VEST ► UNDERWEAR ► LONG SLEEVE ► NECKTIE ► SKIRT ► BRA ► PROFIT!

Or even this

SWIMWEAR ► PROFIT!

To give writer some incentive... I'll let the writer decide how the character will look visually, her traits, characteristics, perks and others...

That is all for now... more to come...

"POOF" (Disappears)

LVUER
King of Lolies

#6 Post by LVUER »

I really like your drawing style where all the girls have petite body and slim figures. Mine is either loli or really curvy bouncy type of girls.

An idea: how about events that can only be unlocked when you are labeled as a pervert (flaunting panty too much to wrong person).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#7 Post by mugenjohncel »

Excuse my bad english... OK time to reveal the actual school where everything will happen...

Welcome to Applegate High School... What you see here is the rough outline indicating the location of buildings and covered pathways and stuff... Yes I know, this pales in comparison to the previous Applegate International School that spans acres but I am eager to get this project done so I'll just have to downsize so I can get things moving as soon as possible.

Anyway here is the current rough breakup of the facility...

BUILDING A
Building A is mostly made up of Specialized Classrooms ranging from Science lab to Computer lab and anything in between. The third floor of the building is where the library is located. The top floor is where the teacher's lounge and other administrative functions are being kept like Principal's office and the school clinic.

BUILDING B
Building B is mostly made up of regular classrooms. The topmost floor is dedicated to specialty student clubs... the thing you usually see in anime like.

MULTI PURPOSE AUDITORIUM / GYM
This large building is multi-purpose. It can serve as an Auditorium, a basketball court, a volleyball court, tennis and many more. The sides of the building had rooms to accommodate sports related activities and in some cases sports clubs.

SWIMMING POOL
A large above ground swimming pool so we can have excuse to include girls and boys in Bathing Suits. Also the sides of the building had storage areas used by other sports activities. Be warned, the door can only be opened from the outside (wink)

CAFETERIA BUILDING
Unlike most school cafeteria. This one resembles more of a food court with many many choices to choose from.

MINI PARK
A small park inside the school... that features several park benches and a small brick comfort room building.

MULTI PURPOSE FIELD
A large dirt field in the middle of the school.

This should give the potential future writers some idea and restrictions of this project. That's all for now. More to come... the writer / proofreader position will be oppen soon.

"POOF" (Disappears)

LVUER
King of Lolies

#8 Post by LVUER »

Gate 2 is very close to swimming pool. A perfect spot for perverts, mwhehehe...

DeviantArt Account

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#9 Post by mugenjohncel »

LVUER wrote: Gate 2 is very close to swimming pool. A perfect spot for perverts, mwhehehe...
I am so gonna cover this pool behind thick vegetation :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#10 Post by mugenjohncel »

This is one of those "What in the world was I thinking putting that Swimming Pool in there!?" moments...

Click here for larger view...
http://i.imgur.com/WN29oEx.jpg

"POOF" (Disappears)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#11 Post by Samu-kun »

I... think I've got a pretty clear idea what you were thinking...

LVUER
King of Lolies

#12 Post by LVUER »

LOL. Well, you can compensate it with installing high fence (or wall) around the pool to block the view of any prying pervert eyes.

DeviantArt Account

Boomsickle
Regular
Completed: Victorian Olives

#13 Post by Boomsickle »

Sounds pretty creative but i kinda feel like if they are already stripping then we might as well go into full action O///O In this setup it sounds like something 14 year olds play to get off. I am really interested to see how this works out and I'll be looking forward to your updates as I'm sure the hundreds of people here that respect you do.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter

#14 Post by mugenjohncel »

LVUER wrote: LOL. Well, you can compensate it with installing high fence (or wall) around the pool to block the view of any prying pervert eyes.
Did a quick render... This fence and those tree covers should be good enough to discourage peepers...

For now I'll stop working on the pool and concentrate on the other building behind...

Anyway, here's a full view of current progress and the school's entire covered area... the current Applegate High School covers 36317.85 Meters ² of land area which is considerably smaller than the previous school which covers 3411505.54 Meters ²

Here is larger view
http://i.imgur.com/x6qncFk.jpg

More to come...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Samu-kun
King of Moé
Organization: Love in Space Inc

#15 Post by Samu-kun »

Do those buildings have interiors...?