Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
wordlesswriter
Regular
Projects: ~La Dame de la Mer~

Re: Doppelganger : Dawn of the Inverted Soul [Guide up]

#376 Post by wordlesswriter »

T-this game- :cry:
I've only gotten to three endings so far, but this is so a-m-a-z-i-n-g. :0
To play a game, and to realize that, no matter what, what ever you make will ever be this good....it's sort of devastating to my confidence, but its a good lesson.
This game has every aspect a good VN should have. Multiple interweaving story lines..a complex and detailed story...and reasons to play over and over again! (Dear god, all of the reasons...)

AND THE GUI! THE GORGEOUS CUSTOM GUI-! :cry:
I need to know- what software did you use to make it?

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#377 Post by azureXtwilight »

Thank you very much! Make sure you get the final true ending~

The GUI was made by KingV, and she made it using photoshop :D

rubythorns

#378 Post by rubythorns »

Thank you for making such an amazing game. The twists in story, the art, the music, everything was spot on and quite frankly I can go into a fan girl rant, but I shall refrain. Instead, this is a review so far. I really like how the game is not all about romance, instead focusing on the mystery and horror. However, the relationships portrayed in the story are both touching and tragic. Also, I appreciate the amount of character detail and the fact that even some of the most "evil" characters have their own difficult circumstances.
like Lee for example, though I felt that some of his death scenes were quite deserved
. Honestly though some of the side bits were a little confusing with the color coded question marks. However, as I played the other paths, I could sort out who's who. The brief interruptions of what was going on elsewhere fleshed out the world even more and encouraged me to get every ending and conversation possible so that I can fully solve the mystery. I'm still working on this objective. I have all of Raphael's endings, four of Lee's endings, and all of Clifford's endings. I only used the walk-through once, and discovered I missed Clifford's fifth
and happiest
ending by one decision. I'm trying to avoid using the guide as much as possible, but in order to get everything. . . I'm still trying to get Yuri on my own. The only other thing was that I wished I could rewind it bit to re-read (or at least figure out how). I really enjoyed how the cover page changes with each path. (this is starting to sound like a rant, my apologies) It would be neat if the unlocked covers would be added to the image gallery. And if you ever decided to make Doppleganger (or any other of your games) desktop backgrounds that would be so awesome. Truthfully, the fact that this game is free is amazing, I'm grateful and I look forward to playing more of your and your teams work.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#379 Post by azureXtwilight »

A doppelganger desktop background set would be awesome, I think many people would like to download that XD and thank you for your inputs. I will consider them for the future. :)

MeltedChocolates

#380 Post by MeltedChocolates »

Hellooo i just downloaded the game and it wont open it says it can't be found :( i'm using windows 8 i love this game!! i played it on my laptop last year :p i wanted to replay it but it wont work waaah

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

#381 Post by AngelicBlood »

After playing this, I finally got over my sadness from HetaOni.
Just like that...0.o

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#382 Post by azureXtwilight »

MeltedChocolates wrote:Hellooo i just downloaded the game and it wont open it says it can't be found :( i'm using windows 8 i love this game!! i played it on my laptop last year :p i wanted to replay it but it wont work waaah
Not sure, maybe renpy has problems with windows 8? :o Or you could try redownloading it.
AngelicBlood wrote:After playing this, I finally got over my sadness from HetaOni.
Just like that...0.o
Thank you...? XD

AngelicBlood
Regular

#383 Post by AngelicBlood »

And yes, that's a compliment.OuO
I went for Lee because I'm attracted to guys like him. (Is he chinese, really? .-. )
But then I was like
OHFUCKOHFUCK YANDERE ALERT YANDERE ALERT and I ended up killing him on the first playthrough.Yup, Avenged those poor souls.
I'm not even sure if
I like him anymore. He's really cute and been through alot and loves Lucia, but:
1.I don't like his yandere side
2.Him being a killer, even though it's not the ACTUAL humans just doesn't seem right...
3.Dumping Lin and turning her into THAT because of a misunderstanding is just plain cruel.
I have a question:
Were the Rico 'ghost' and the Clifford 'ghost'(what.) their doppelgangers?

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#384 Post by Akitsuki »

MeltedChocolates wrote:Hellooo i just downloaded the game and it wont open it says it can't be found :( i'm using windows 8 i love this game!! i played it on my laptop last year :p i wanted to replay it but it wont work waaah
I actually played it in Windows 8 and it works just fine. Maybe you want to try to download it again?
I'm not an expert in this but if it happened to me, I'll do that.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#385 Post by azureXtwilight »

AngelicBlood wrote:And yes, that's a compliment.OuO
I went for Lee because I'm attracted to guys like him. (Is he chinese, really? .-. )
But then I was like
OHFUCKOHFUCK YANDERE ALERT YANDERE ALERT and I ended up killing him on the first playthrough.Yup, Avenged those poor souls.
I'm not even sure if
I like him anymore. He's really cute and been through alot and loves Lucia, but:
1.I don't like his yandere side
2.Him being a killer, even though it's not the ACTUAL humans just doesn't seem right...
3.Dumping Lin and turning her into THAT because of a misunderstanding is just plain cruel.
Yeah, Lee is of Chinese descent.
This game isn't really a dating sim, so being together or not with Lee isn't really important.
What's important is finding out the truth about the Lee family and how twisted it is XD
I have a question:
Were the Rico 'ghost' and the Clifford 'ghost'(what.) their doppelgangers?
Play the true path to find out! :P

rubythorns

#386 Post by rubythorns »

AngelicBlood wrote:After playing this, I finally got over my sadness from HetaOni.
Just like that...0.o
Yes, it filled the void that HetaOni left. Though I still hope some day it will return from its indefinite hiatus.

@azureXtwilight
HetaOni is a Hetalia game video on youtube with strong horror and survival themes. It combined the characters of Hetalia with the themes of Oni. It's subtitled on SotetAG's channel.

AngelicBlood
Regular

#387 Post by AngelicBlood »

rubythorns wrote:
Just like that...0.o
Yes, it filled the void that HetaOni left. Though I still hope some day it will return from its indefinite hiatus.

@azureXtwilight
HetaOni is a Hetalia game video on youtube with strong horror and survival themes. It combined the characters of Hetalia with the themes of Oni. It's subtitled on SotetAG's channel.
I was wrong. I started watching even more videos and listening to the OST's.
I'm still sad.
The game left a big gap in my heart that only an ending can fill. ;A;

rubythorns

#388 Post by rubythorns »

YES!!! Not only did I finally obtain Yuri's path I got his good ending!
I absolutely love his relationship with Jun and how they accept each other for who they are. Ending 2 made them my OTP.
@AngelicBlood
Hopefully, someday the gap will be filled. What's an OST?

AngelicBlood
Regular

#389 Post by AngelicBlood »

rubythorns wrote:YES!!! Not only did I finally obtain Yuri's path I got his good ending!
I absolutely love his relationship with Jun and how they accept each other for who they are. Ending 2 made them my OTP.
@AngelicBlood
Hopefully, someday the gap will be filled. What's an OST?
Original soundtrack. OuO

Viobli
Regular
Projects: *Truly, Friends *Lady Eun-mi

#390 Post by Viobli »

For some reason, I can't play the game D: I extracted all the files but at the end of the extracting it would always said (Some files are corrupt) or something like that. Is there a solution to it?