Snowfall: A Winter Fairy Tale

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#16 Post by monele »

How to hide spoilers properly :

[ spoiler ]put your spoiler here[ /spoiler ]

(but don't put spaces next to the brackets)

Counter Arts
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Fading Hearts, Infinite Game Works
Projects: Don't Save the World
Organization: Sakura River

#17 Post by Counter Arts »

baboo2406 wrote:To the guy earlier, I do like to daydream a helluva lot more than I really should.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well then, show us what your reality marble looks like and how strong your imaging/tracing ablitily is. hehehe

baboo2406

#18 Post by baboo2406 »

Counter Arts wrote:
baboo2406 wrote:To the guy earlier, I do like to daydream a helluva lot more than I really should.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well then, show us what your reality marble looks like and how strong your imaging/tracing ablitily is. hehehe
Hehe, But I already said...I'm looking for another person to draw for me. Although I DO go to an art school and passed my drawing classes w/ Bs, I'm looking for someone who will make my jaw drop in terms of drawing ;).
Expertise:
Writing, Directing, Creative, Drawing, CG apps, Sound

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#19 Post by DaFool »

baboo2406 wrote: Hehe, But I already said...I'm looking for another person to draw for me. Although I DO go to an art school and passed my drawing classes w/ Bs, I'm looking for someone who will make my jaw drop in terms of drawing ;).
As mentioned a couple of times already, uh...

...not quite so likely in this forum. Sure, there's a couple of ace people, but the strength in these communities is writing and programming. Such is the ratio that the writers are recently even resorting to just using plain vintage photographs or fixups of comicbook character templates.

As long as they do the job, that's what's important. And that's what we learned.

You're the only one I recall who actually goes to an art school. ...make your jaw drop?
Last edited by DaFool on Wed Apr 18, 2007 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

baboo2406

#20 Post by baboo2406 »

extra characters and their stories: spoilers included

Midori: Haruo's cousin and the caretaker of an inn.
She's really a tengu who decided to get revenge on her father for tricking her a long time ago. She's the one responsible for all of the people disappearing in the area, but will eventually learn to be humble once she sees her father get shot in the chest for her. Sacrifices her immortality and power in order to let her father live.
Anzu: A prodigy who's in charge of investigating the recent disappearances.
Her sister disappeared one night and the next morning they found her covered in black tengu feathers. She personally hunts tengu hoping to find the person who killed her sister. When she shoots Midori's father, she realizes how foolish she's been and tries to kill herself.
Sayuri: A mysterious girl who lives at the edge of town.
Believes that she brings bad luck to everyone she loves as they've all disappeared in the snow. She tries to warn people about going into the snow at night, but people thinks she's crazy and accuse her of being the Yuki-onna. Childhood friend of Haruo and once went to school with him until she got sick.
Yukiko: A girl dressed in white who's waiting for someone.
She's the yuki-onna. A girl who once died in the snow (about 100 years ago). She's at the edge of her life, but she's waiting for Haruo. Japanese Folktale: if you discover that someone's a yuki-onna, they melt into the snow. Will be reborn in the spring when all of the snow in town is finally melted.
Haruo: A high school senior, a writer, and main character of the story.
He went to Urei a long time ago with his mother during a festival even though she was sick. Yukiko saw him playing by himself in the snow and went up to him to try and comfort him. Blames himself for his mother's death.
Expertise:

baboo2406

#21 Post by baboo2406 »

DaFool wrote:
baboo2406 wrote: Hehe, But I already said...I'm looking for another person to draw for me. Although I DO go to an art school and passed my drawing classes w/ Bs, I'm looking for someone who will make my jaw drop in terms of drawing ;).
As mentioned a couple of times already, uh...

...not quite so likely in this forum. Sure, there's a couple of ace people, but the strength in these communities is writing and programming.

You're the only one I recall who actually goes to an art school.
Hence is why I'm going to recruit someone from my school, most likely someone from the animation (I'm not a 'drawer', I'm a 3D/Photoshop/Video Game design spec.) department if possible...or at least attempt to.
Expertise:

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#22 Post by PyTom »

I think we are attracting more artists... at least, the number of new users that list deviantart as their home page seems to be increasing.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#23 Post by Vatina »

I'm one who got here (almost only) to be of help as an artist ^^ I'm a bit busy these days with exams though, but I should be free to help out again very soon if anyone needs something they think I can do.