Musician for Hire (Summer 2013, Rates Negotiable)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Dreambrush

Musician for Hire (Summer 2013, Rates Negotiable)

#1 Post by Dreambrush »

Hello. I have quite a bit of experience when it comes recording music (both vocals and virtual instrument use). I've mainly worked in ProTools and Audacity, and my equipment is studio quality. I use the M-Audio USB interface called Fast Track MKII, and I record in very quality. I strive for clean sound, and try to make it so even the biggest of audiophiles have little to claim about. If you are interested in finding someone to provide you with a cheap yet high quality soundtrack for a game, then I am your person! Currently I am available for the duration of the summer and am willing to negotiate prices and other things. I can do single tracks or I can do whole soundtracks.

Probably thinking roughly 5-10 dollars for a very simple 3 minute ambient track, versus a fairly decent increase in money for a more symphonic 5-minute piece, for example. And yes, I can do vocals. Depending on the complexity of the music, the rates might go higher, but I guarantee you I am very reasonable and willing to negotiate.

For an example of the kinds of music I've worked on for the past few years in my spare time, here's a demo reel of mine:

=========================================
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVfKlJkuksQ
=========================================

Discussion would be over Skype. Payment would likely be over Paypal.

NOTE: For you audiophiles out there, I can master instrumental songs at up to 24-bit, 192 KHz... and songs with vocals up to 24-bit, 48 KHz (that's not upsampling... that is NATIVE resolution and bitrate). I work with studio-quality measures.

I look forward to hearing any feedback, and especially some potential "clients." :)
Last edited by Dreambrush on Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

Re: Musician for Hire (Summer 2013, Rates Negotiable)

#2 Post by Kato »

Oh wowzers. I don't have Skype (old uncle Kato, amirite?) but I would love to PM you about some tracks. Or perhaps I should get up with the times and sort out a Skype account :lol:
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Dreambrush

#3 Post by Dreambrush »

Kato wrote:Oh wowzers. I don't have Skype (old uncle Kato, amirite?) but I would love to PM you about some tracks. Or perhaps I should get up with the times and sort out a Skype account :lol:
Though I generally would prefer Skype, feel free to PM me. I honestly have a lot of time on my hands for the next few weeks, so if you are interested in my work, I can reply quickly and efficiently. Thank you for your interest. I hope to hear from you.

Victoria Jennings
Miko-Class Veteran

#4 Post by Victoria Jennings »

Woah, definitely bookmarking this thread. Your music sounds like just the sort of thing I need.

Er, it might take a while though. I hope it isn't too late by the time I check back.

Dreambrush

#5 Post by Dreambrush »

Victoria Jennings wrote:Woah, definitely bookmarking this thread. Your music sounds like just the sort of thing I need.

Er, it might take a while though. I hope it isn't too late by the time I check back.
Thank you for your interest! Take your time. I am currently involved with two large-scale scores that will take me a few weeks, so by late July I should be able to immediately take up any other commissions. I hope to do business with you in the future. :)

Googaboga
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: https://gbpatch.itch.io/
Projects: Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Organization: GB Patch Games
Tumblr: gb-patch
itch: gbpatch

#6 Post by Googaboga »

I commissioned Dreambrush for five tracks and I am very pleased with the outcome. He works really fast which you can probably tell considering he opened his shop less than a week ago and has already completed the commission entirely. Plus he's a nice guy to work with and he is understanding if you don't know exactly what you're looking for or you have a hard time to describing it. The reasonable prices don't hurt either :wink:.

So yeah I'd recommend his services if you are looking for some custom made tracks :mrgreen:.
In-Progress:
Floret Bond, XOXO Blood Droplets, Our Life
Released:
A Foretold Affair, My Magical Divorce Bureau, XOXO Droplets, Lake of Voices

Dreambrush

#7 Post by Dreambrush »

Big thanks to Googaboga for the business as well as the positive review. A pleasure creating for you.

Also, I'm currently working on two large scale commissions, but come late August, I should be able to start on any commissions any one else has. I'm probably not going to make this simply a summer thing, but instead continue to offer my services for an indefinite amount of time.

You can go ahead and express your interest in this thread, or message me, and I will be sure to take note and get back to you as soon as I can.