Lucky Star

For the rest of your otaku life.
Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: My Teacher; Songs of Araiah; Something new; Possible Cross Bomber?

#16 Post by Enerccio »

Yeah, Konata is just perfect ^_^ >_>;;
http://www.bishojo.tk is technically ONLINE!
Songs of Araiah promo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CalchucuoDU

dizzcity
Veteran
Projects: Lakeside Sunset, Wedding Vows, Working Woman

#17 Post by dizzcity »

I liked Episode 2 a lot better than Episode 1. And is it just me, or does anyone else find the OP a little... provocative? (Gah, have I become a lolicon? :shock: :( )

-Dizzy-
A smart man follows the rules, a dumb man breaks them. A great man bends the rules and thus creates them.
Fanfiction.net Profile.
Writer and director of Working Woman (NaNoRenO March 2010)
Writer and director of Wedding Vows (finished 2009).
Creator of Lakeside Sunset (finished 2006).

pheriannath
Regular

#18 Post by pheriannath »

Maybe someday we'll have a poll for 'best Lucky Star ED song'...so far I find 'Space Ironmen Kyodain' strangely addictive, especially when it's Konata singing it >_>

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Enerccio »

EwanG
Miko-Class Veteran

#20 Post by EwanG »

Yes, one of my fav takeoffs of the OP so far!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#21 Post by lordcloudx »

just downloaded lucky star because you guys have been talking about it... it's.... well... cute! That's all I have to say. :twisted:
dizzcity wrote:OP a little... provocative? (Gah, have I become a lolicon? Shocked Sad )
I like teh lolis too.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

mokenju1
Regular

#22 Post by mokenju1 »

I'm not obviously the target to this kind of anime/4koma and I found the first episode... let's say boring at least. It has been a long time since I have watched an anime and felt like 8 minutes of anime are exactly 8 minutes of real life (boring, boring real life). I wonder if my basic knowledge of japanese style of life is the reason because I can't enjoy this, the fact that I have other "moe" preferences or that I didn't really liked what I read of the original 4koma.

The artificial hype because this should be another "Haruhi", this studio is now the GOD of animation and Aya rulezzz seems to me plain stupid. And yes the song is catchy and has a funny dance... so what? Since when a dancing opening has became what determines if an anime is the win or not? :roll: .

Vatina
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Blue Rose, AO: Broken Memories, My Eternal Rival, Dust
Projects: AO: Fallen Star
Organization: White Cat
IRC Nick: Vatina
Tumblr: vatinyan
Deviantart: Vatina
itch: whitecat

#23 Post by Vatina »

I liked the first episode, but I also found the second a lot funnier ^^ it has convinced me to follow this show further.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#24 Post by DaFool »

I didn't even realize it was KyoAni until this thread started (I thought it was just another sucky studio).

Anyways, as long as there's Darker than Black. (Go Bones! And Yoko Kanno!). I love my existentialist anime.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by monele »

Who would say a newcomer could watch just the second episode and appreciate the series? (is the first one mandatory?...)

Jake
Support Hero

#26 Post by Jake »

monele wrote:Who would say a newcomer could watch just the second episode and appreciate the series? (is the first one mandatory?...)
I wouldn't have thought it would make a great deal of difference.

Personally, I found the first ep 'OKish'. It had some less-than-amusing sections in, but it also had a couple of good bits, and if you had the opportunity to just watch the last five or six minutes ("Lucky Channel") it's worth the download just for that.

The second one convinced me to at least keep watching, although I'm not expecting it to be fantastic. But really, I'm snagged just by virtue of the fact that every single one of the main characters is left-handed. ;-)
Server error: user 'Jake' not found

Radhreni
Regular

#27 Post by Radhreni »

I think I'm outside the market for this show, too...my husband watched the first episode and was unimpressed, and none of what I saw over his shoulder captured my interest.

And the OP, in fact, creeped me out. I think it might have to do with the characters looking about nine years old, but I'm definitely not going to watch it again to try and pin it down.

Enerccio
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Enerccio »

Radhreni wrote:I think I'm outside the market for this show, too...my husband watched the first episode and was unimpressed, and none of what I saw over his shoulder captured my interest.

And the OP, in fact, creeped me out. I think it might have to do with the characters looking about nine years old, but I'm definitely not going to watch it again to try and pin it down.
You both should try episode 2, definitely way better ^^

frumplstlskn
Regular

#29 Post by frumplstlskn »

Do watch again. I had much hate for the first episode but the second sold me. :p

Mirielle
Regular
Deviantart: miirne
Soundcloud: mirne-1

#30 Post by Mirielle »

I am SO cosplaying as Kagamin.

And singing and dancing to that OP while I'm at it.
Available for voice acting - Please listen to my demo reel!