Fragile Hearts [Friendship/VN]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
whitenenesha
Regular
Projects: White Days / Fragile Hearts

Fragile Hearts [Friendship/VN]

#1 Post by whitenenesha »

"Years passed after her unfortunate train incident, Homura Raimei, an amnesiac girl; guided by her cousin advice, she comes back to her hometown—a small but living metropolitan city called Yuzuki—hoping to retrieve anything regarding her past or maybe start everything anew in her 'true hometown'. However, she is greeted by unknown girl clad in white robes, questioning her arrival. As she began her new life, she caught herself between her new friends' dispute.

Will she find her memories? Or she will rather forgot the past and run blindly to the future?
+Characters:
"Two schools, many different worlds, two variations of dynamic way of thinking."

Homura Raimei
An amnesiac girl whom came back to Yuzuki city and will be attending Yuzuki High shortly. She’s sort of closed and shy persona who hides everything behind her glasses, often she looks helpless and clueless because of the whole new environment. She often stutters when talking with new person.

Pandora
Enigmatic white-robed girl who welcomed Homura right after she arrived at Yuzuki, Pandora labelled herself as a ghost. Pandora will come to talk mostly about anything, and she seems to know about Homura. However, her true intentions are unknown, who is she?

Aria Nobuhisa
Tomboyish girl and the captain of female Sarashina Basketball Team. Aria is a blunt, sarcastic and hard-headed person. She is the type to glare at people or to mock someone, but actually she’s not as the rumor says. She often seen drinking with Kazu in railway station.

Minami Amaranthys
The head dormitory of Momiji-sou as well as the vice-student council president at Yuzuki High. Minami is admired mostly by anyone at school for her beauty and her unbeatable charisma. But she has such secret that she hides from everyone behind her facade...

Arata Hibari
One of Momiji-sou residents that dedicated himself on work rather than school (he even earned the nickname, 'work-a-holic' from Kazu). He knows both Nagisa and Kazu from the beginning. Arata also loves to cook for dorm even if he rarely stays on the dorm.

Nagisa Kijinogi
Rumored ‘Ice Queen’ from Yuzuki High because of her cold stare and silent demeanor, Nagisa, too is a residents of Momiji-sou. She often spend her days in music room playing piano or doing her work as a highly-known model. Nagisa is, from the eyes of others, somewhat quiet, reserved, and distanced—but actually she is friendly, and foul-mouthed even.

Kazuhiko Fuwa
As one of School Board Disciplinary Comittee member, Kazu loves to boss people around and knows every little detail about school. He’s quite obsessed sometimes. Resident of Momiji-sou and Arata’s buddy since elementary school, usually hangs out with Aria. He loves strange drinks in vending machines all over the town.

Minor Characters

Yosuke Gotou
Weird, freak, and melon bread are to describe him; he’s an ex-hikkikomori otaku with mismatched eyes. Besides that he looks plain, he actually has a crap load of information that might helps Homura in her attempt for 'getting out of her friends' dispute'.

Yukihara Tatsumi
Homura and Nagisa classmate at school (and possibly Gotou’s crush?), as well as class representative. A diligent type who does as ordered (and anyone would never say 'no' if she ordered), loves to motivate people and class’ jack of all trades.

Saki Kouenji
The student body president—and an avid fan of Nagisa. Saki, from her everyday look, is just an average airhead girl (that even students doubt her ability as a president, or, as a senpai). She has a connection with Fuwa and mostly prefer to work on the field to paper works.

Shiori Makishima
Student body vice-president of Sarashina High, she’s the spokeperson rather than the true president. She and Saki never shared same way of thinking and always resulting in chaos sometimes. Shiori is often seen in train station, chatting with Aria.

Dr. Ashiya
Homura's cousin. A respectful young doctor. He worked for Yuzuki Municipal Hospital and sometimes seen in town as Sarashina High's health advisor. He has one twin-sister.

Wataru Heiwajima
Silent prodigy in Homura’s class, however, he’s noticeable from scars over his face and his status as male basketball’s team ace. Wataru rarely spend his time to even talk and only replies shortly.

+Genre: Friendship/Mystery/Hurt-Comfort/Slice-of-life

+Features:
-There will be splitted into two main routes and two endings.
-This game will focus on friendship, not romance. It may be hinted, but not as main idea.
-Long story, I mean really long (about 8000k+ words). And it will have many bad end traps.

+At A Glance:
Hello! So this story popped out when I’m working on White Days script. The story itself inspired from series of anime that I watch now, but it kinda doesn’t related to the anime. I wanted to make an amnesiac protagonist for a while and trying to make VN with multiple choices and paths.
-The story takes place in fictional metropolitan city named ‘Yuzuki’ -- modeled after Kichijoji city.

+Changelog:
Update 20/06/2013: Changed the logo, updates character info and plot.

+Progress
-Story 20% (I started from the beginning, again, because my internal HDD broken)
Week 1 - 40%
Week 2; Part I | Part II - 0%
Week 3 - 10%
Week 4 - 0%
-Script 10%
-Sprites 0%
-CGs 0%

+Credits
Will be edited soon!

+Screenshot
This is for chapters transition

Lastly, I need your opinion and critics are always welcomed ^^ Thanks for the attention!
Last edited by whitenenesha on Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:34 am, edited 7 times in total.
"Just a lonely story writer."

Fanfiction.net / deviantArt / Twitter
Projects: White Days [KN], Fragile Hearts[VN]

Hibikai
Regular

Re: Fragile Hearts [Friendship/VN]

#2 Post by Hibikai »

I like the idea, and the art is cute! :)

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by gekiganwing »

There was a work-in-progress project called Love Revolution: Fragile Hearts that started around 2005, and was officially cancelled in early 2010. You can read about it if you use archive.org and look through the archived versions of the site renaigames.net. (The domain is now owned by Spartan VNs, who were not involved with this project.)

Anyway... a couple questions for you, whitenenesha, when you have time...

1. I think your story is set in a fictional town in contemporary Japan. Have you, or someone you know well, lived there? If not, then make sure you do quite a bit of research. We don't expect encyclopedic detail, but show us enough details to make the place seem plausible. Take steps to avoid making a theme park version. (I'm indirectly referencing an article on TVTropes about this topic.)

2. Also, unless you're familiar with real life amnesia, make sure to research it.

3. I'm a fan of stories focused on friendship. Looking forward to see how you portray it.

4. If you have trouble finding assistance with graphics, music, and so on, then you can always start by using free or inexpensive art assets. Many are linked from the WVN wiki. Consider beginning with simple art, then asking other people if they can help you remake or refine it.

whitenenesha
Regular

#4 Post by whitenenesha »

Hibikai wrote:I like the idea, and the art is cute! :)
gekiganwing wrote: 1. I think your story is set in a fictional town in contemporary Japan. Have you, or someone you know well, lived there? If not, then make sure you do quite a bit of research. We don't expect encyclopedic detail, but show us enough details to make the place seem plausible. Take steps to avoid making a theme park version. (I'm indirectly referencing an article on TVTropes about this topic.)

2. Also, unless you're familiar with real life amnesia, make sure to research it.

3. I'm a fan of stories focused on friendship. Looking forward to see how you portray it.

4. If you have trouble finding assistance with graphics, music, and so on, then you can always start by using free or inexpensive art assets. Many are linked from the WVN wiki. Consider beginning with simple art, then asking other people if they can help you remake or refine it.
I'll look up for your recomendation later :)
1 & 2. Yes, it is in fictional town, and I'm already researching for it (it is modeled after Sendai city in Japan). And as for amnesia, I already got all the information.

4. You're a big help, thanks!

whitenenesha
Regular

#5 Post by whitenenesha »

Whew, it has been a very long time since I have a free time.

UPDATES :: Changed the logo, updates character info and plot.

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#6 Post by tiya_nofurita »

Okay, this caught my interest as well :D The GUI is cute. Although the story plot seems pretty common, I'd like to read your finished project. Good luck :D
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

whitenenesha
Regular

#7 Post by whitenenesha »

@tiya_nofurita: thanks for dropping in :D Well, I'll be sure to finish this up!

Updates!
Maltagliati is helping me with the sprites, and this is the sample of Homura's sprite~ hope you like it! aww she's cute
Homura concept sprite.png