★Remembrance [Fantasy|Adventure?|Otome] - [ DEMO DL ] - QP5

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

Re: ★Remembrance [Fantasy|Adventure?|Otome|GxB]

#16 Post by lemonscent »

Mimrose wrote:✖ Will you play the demo once it's out? Definitely! I really think it looks interesting!
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out? Yes!~
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you? I like games with a fantasy/adventure component, so it does sound interesting to me! (Even though some of the routes may not have adventure, I still am excited to check it out!)
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot Depends on the quality of the CG, as well as the number of CGs
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC? I normally like when you can insert your own name, but it's not an extremely big point for me. (With or without the choice, I'd still happily try it out!)
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? I glanced at the spoiler, but I think I will be interested in all of the routes based on their personalities that you described :D
Thanks for the comment! :3 Haha, I'm glad you like the characters~

I may try to have a "choose your own name" function added to later VNs, but for now, I think I'm just going to go with Lisette because python hates me.
merdeamour wrote:✖ Will you play the demo once it's out?
-Oh yeah :D Romance with adventure? Count me in (:
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out?
-If I like the demo enough, I will.
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you?
-One word-- adventure. Of course it interests me <3
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two?
-I don't have the means to, sadly ):
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC?
-Not really. How you write the story and make it out to be something that will intrigue me will be the main point on which I'll be judging it xD
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most?
-All of them look interesting, although Sunny's sounds the most... intimidating to play. I'll definitely be playing his route first.

And, good luck with this! I'll be cheering you on (:
Thank you! ^^ Although the demo probably won't have too much adventure... hmm. And oh, I'm glad people don't seem to mind a personality-based MC. A lot of my friends prefer self-inserts, so I was like, "ehh, maybe I should change Lisette, but that might be sort of hard..."
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

WickedRaccoon
Veteran

#17 Post by WickedRaccoon »

Girl with scythe? Soul eaters? Ma'am, you just made my day! ^^
✖ Will you play the demo once it's out?
I usually don't play demos, but this is far too interesting not to check it out! :3
Well...yeah o_o"
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you?
Totally. Anything that has to do with supernatural beings is my cuppa tea!
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot
I would like to help, but as a college student, I rarely see money myself T^T
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC?
I don't mind, I'd still play the game no matter what you decide :)
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most?
Well...I couldn't help NOT glance at it. It was literally screaming at me to check it out!...ehem...Even though I'm interested in all routes, I would have to say Sunny is the first guy I'm going after. Apparently I have something for cold-ass guys ^^;;

Overall, I will be checking the thread for game progress, and I wish you good luck in completing this!
Cheers!

lemonscent
Regular

#18 Post by lemonscent »

WickedRaccoon wrote:Girl with scythe? Soul eaters? Ma'am, you just made my day! ^^
I usually don't play demos, but this is far too interesting not to check it out! :3
Well...yeah o_o"
Totally. Anything that has to do with supernatural beings is my cuppa tea!
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot
I would like to help, but as a college student, I rarely see money myself T^T
I don't mind, I'd still play the game no matter what you decide :)
Well...I couldn't help NOT glance at it. It was literally screaming at me to check it out!...ehem...Even though I'm interested in all routes, I would have to say Sunny is the first guy I'm going after. Apparently I have something for cold-ass guys ^^;;

Overall, I will be checking the thread for game progress, and I wish you good luck in completing this!
Cheers!
Haha xD Thanks! And yeah, the spoilers are there because I can never write summaries without, I don't know, spoiling way too much? I'm actually thinking I should change Sunny's spoiler because... it's way too spoilery. (I don't know ;___;)
★Remembrance - a WIP

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#19 Post by Kokoro Hane »

✖ Will you play the demo once it's out? YES!!!!!!!!! GIMME DAT DEMO~
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out? The demo will most likely hook me in, so why not?
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you? Yes! Especially how she is suppose to "exterminate" soul eaters, but what if she were to become one? I wanna know more now!
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot If I had money, but sadly I do not....
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC? I really love MCs with personality, they feel more real that way~
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? I did not read 'zee spoiler~
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

lemonscent
Regular

#20 Post by lemonscent »

Kokoro Hane wrote:✖ Will you play the demo once it's out? YES!!!!!!!!! GIMME DAT DEMO~
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out? The demo will most likely hook me in, so why not?
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you? Yes! Especially how she is suppose to "exterminate" soul eaters, but what if she were to become one? I wanna know more now!
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot If I had money, but sadly I do not....
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC? I really love MCs with personality, they feel more real that way~
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? I did not read 'zee spoiler~
Haha xD. Thanks for the comment! && You're probably the first person who hasn't read the spoiler. I feel like I'm spending way more time on these forums than working on the demo, BUT IT'S ALL GOOD.
★Remembrance - a WIP

Kokoro Hane
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: 30 Kilowatt Hours Left, The Only One Girl { First Quarter }, An Encounter ~In The Rain~, A Piece of Sweetness, Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?!, Piece by Piece, +many more
Projects: Fateful Encounter, Operation: Magic Hero
Organization: Tofu Sheets Visual
Deviantart: kokoro-hane
itch: tofu-sheets-visual

#21 Post by Kokoro Hane »

Spoilers spoil all 'zee fun, I like to be surprised or try to figure stuff out <3 Unless I am a proofreader or something and am prvillaged for spoilers, then that's cool XD
PROJECTS:
Operation: Magic Hero [WiP]
Piece By Piece [COMPLETE][Spooktober VN '20]
RE/COUNT RE:VERSE [COMPLETE][RPG]
Since When Did I Have a Combat Butler?! [COMPLETE][NaNoRenO2020+]
Crystal Captor: Memory Chronicle Finale [COMPLETE][RPG][#1 in So Bad It's Good jam '17]

But dear God, You're the only North Star I would follow this far
Owl City "Galaxies"

lilyrose
Regular

#22 Post by lilyrose »

Well first things first, the questions....
✖ Will you play the demo once it's out? umm let me think about it.......HELL YEA!!!! (excuse my strong language XD...if it's strong at all O.o)
✖ Will you play the actual VN once it's out? hahaha yes :)
✖ Does the concept of the VN (not that I really went over it, but still) interest you? It does and I guess I should be ashamed at how interested I am. O.o
✖ If I set up an IndieGoGo to help me buy CGs, will you donate a dollar or two? /shot I'm sorry I'm broke but if I ever get a solid source of internet I wouldn't mind doing some for you (if you don't think my art would be to terrible XD but hey they're free lol)
✖ Lisette will probably be a personality-based MC (although there will be lots and lots of choices to help decide the ending). Would you prefer a self-insert MC? It doesn't really matter to me, whatever is easier for you too work with is fine :)
✖ If you read the "spoiler" (shame on you for reading it, but shame on me for providing it), which route interests you the most? Pshh read the spoiler, yea right *looks away guiltily* hehehehe XD

:) I can't wait to see where the story goes and good luck!
~ You know I used to be able to leap tall buildings using a jetpack? Then I got shot in the leg with an arrow T.T ~

lemonscent
Regular

#23 Post by lemonscent »

I'm too lazy to do quotes now. OK.

@ lilyrose: Thanks for the comment ^__^ I'm glad you like the idea! And lol don't worry, I don't mind swearing at all. Actually, I had like a total sailor's mouth in fifth grade, which thank god I grew out of (I used to swear like twice every sentence OTL).

########################

On another note, the demo will probably take a couple extra days until it's done. The GUI is currently a mess, and the script... let's not even go there. So the gen. route was supposed to be about ~4000 words, but I have ~3000 words atm and I'm not even half done. Although maybe I'll cut back on some scenes...? Also Lisette became a naive little moron, while the "nice little Jay" became a pissed little roadrunner. And there's also a lot of unnecessary dialogue between Jay and Minho about I don't even know.. Although if you don't mind that...

Welp so I'll take like an extra 3 or 4 days to fix the script/GUI. A proofreader would be amazing. I'll be making a recruitment thread later maybee.

Also I changed Lisette's description from "a little bit fixated on her pride" to "obsessive about her pride". Pride means everything to her ATM, and ugh, since that's one of the plot progressers or w/e, I don't think I'm going to change it.

But don't worry. I love character development.
★Remembrance - a WIP

lemonscent
Regular

#24 Post by lemonscent »

Unnecessary Update [U²!] Number One!

♥ About half done with the demo's gui
❥❥ The gui's going to be different in the full VN, because the current GUI's way more gloomy than it should be xD
♥ A little more than five thousand words in
❥❥ Sorry ~ I've been playing other VNs, and I also spent the entire day yesterday rewatching Kpop Star season one... orz. But it was so worth it! Lee Hi, Park Jimin, and Baek A Yeon are to die for >__<;; BUT IT'S OKAY! I'm now 100% focused on the script! Listening to Lee Hi's Rose atm while writing/"programming" :]
♥ Don't remember if I mentioned this, but Sunny's route summary has been changed.
❥❥ I found the previous one way too spoiler-laden. Although I guess most people have already seen the original summary... hmm. xD
★Remembrance - a WIP

destiny_921
Regular
Completed: Closure [KN]
Projects: The Universal Hope (writer, WIP)

#25 Post by destiny_921 »

This sounds amazing, and I can't wait for the finished product. You can do it!

Yes, yes and yes.

Yeaps~ :D

Soul-eaters and scythes? Count. Me. In.

Sorry, I would but I'm currently broke on cash D:

Up to you! :)

All of them (I only read a bit of the spoiler xD)
“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try”
– Dr. Seuss

::Completed:: Closure (KN)
::WIPs:: The Universal Hope

::Misc::
Writing Guide

lemonscent
Regular

#26 Post by lemonscent »

@destiny_921: Thank you for the comment && for the cheers :] Yesyesyes I can dooo it! (Totally trying to hypnotize myself)

Also for those of you wondering what the main menu looks like.. take into account it's super gloomy. And not very visually appealing. I promise I'll change it for the full VN QnQ The kinda red text is the hover.

★Remembrance - a WIP

deviltales
Regular

#27 Post by deviltales »

Sure. Why not, this seems nice.
If I'm fond on the demo, I'll pressure you to release it ASAP >:).
Yep. Especially the hunt-the-souls-part.
Perhaps, perchance?
Not really. Anything is fine with me :D.
I'll probably go first for Sunny. After Jay. And finally after Minho. Best for last, as they say, so of course Minho's route is my favorite for now O_O.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#28 Post by Kato »

Actually really like the menu screen! Haha
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

lemonscent
Regular

#29 Post by lemonscent »

@deviltales: thanks for the comment ^__^ and haha pressure would be good. I'm way too much of a slacker.

@kato: lol oh thanks xD

Note: Changed screen resolution to 1280x720 last minute. Fixing GUI and backgrounds etc. atm. Shouldn't take too long, but yeah Q__Q
★Remembrance - a WIP

lemonscent
Regular

#30 Post by lemonscent »

Unnecessary Update [U²!] Number Two!

♥ Demo... not ready.
❥❥ I'm sorry, guys;; apparently I never keep promises. So my family's moving, and we were supposed to move in mid-August, but things got kinda rushed. So it's been hectic orz.

♥ Demo script done!
❥❥ I'm finally done with the script for the general route. Now I'm just waiting for proofreads to be finished. Big, big, big shoutout to: Mimirose, arachni42, jghibiki, Maltagliati, and Kokoro Hane in no particular order.
♥ GUI progress is uhhh embarrassing
❥❥ So I've fixed the GUI to match the screen resolution, but ATM the only GUI that's legit done is the main menu and the textbox. But it's a demo, so hopefully nobody's expecting the GUI to be perfect...? OTL
★Remembrance - a WIP