LINEAR - Chapter I

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CERA
Completed: LINEAR - Chapter I
Projects: LINEAR - Chapter II & a dress-up flash game.
Organization: CERA Studios

Re: LINEAR - Chapter I

#16 Post by CERA »

Thanks so much for these DragoonHP!

I'll bookmark all three of them and try them all out for the second chapter, if it works I'll go back and apply it to the first too.

Kingv
Veteran
Projects: Pet Tails, Transformation Sequence, Cheer On!
Tumblr: EphemeralBalance
Deviantart: kingv

#17 Post by Kingv »

I already told you how great I think the game is on DA so I won't talk your ear off again with my praise. ^^ But I saw that you were thinking of adding a Load and Save feature to your game. I used this tutorial I found on Newgrounds for the dating sim I'm making http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/235909 .
It seems to work consistently when the swf is downloaded to your PC but I haven't quite figured out how to make it work when it's posted online.

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#18 Post by pleasethinkofme »

Really good story, and wonderful art, but I also started getting into your comic 'Rosetta', and was waiting for an update until I realized it started way in 2009 O.o haha, is that still continuing I hope?? D:

CERA

#19 Post by CERA »

Haha yes of course! In fact, I'm colouring the next five pages right now. It hasn't had an update since January because I wanted to get Linear out. So I'll be able to get back to it now. :3 Finally... my poor neglected little webcomic...

pleasethinkofme
Regular

#20 Post by pleasethinkofme »

Yay! That's totally understandable, but also great to hear :D

StarryRainBreeze
Regular

#21 Post by StarryRainBreeze »

looks interesting ovo i love the logo *_*

tiya_nofurita
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: ALLBLACK Phase 1, Heart's Blight, Last Rx., EDDA Cafe, Kohana, Half Moon
Projects: ALLBLACK Phase 2
Organization: VN Project Indonesia
Deviantart: SECONDARY-TARGET
itch: NSAID
Discord: 3,4-Methylendioxymethamphetamine#4886

#22 Post by tiya_nofurita »

I have played this ! I fell in love with Ash on my first sight ^_^ (I'm not exaggerating...:p)
Unfortunately, I can't get the downloadale version like Ren'py does...do you mind to convert your VN into Ren'py script for the next chapter ? ^_^ (I'm not used to play VN with Flash, so it's a bit odd and unconvenience for me)

Anyway, I'm curious what would the next chapter be. I'm eagerly waiting for it ! :D
Last edited by tiya_nofurita on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Webtoon

"For what reason I live?"

---
Completed project:

"What will you see when you are dead?"

MY VISUAL NOVEL

Kessie
Regular

#23 Post by Kessie »

Hey there,
Just dropping by to say I was really impressed by this VN.
I liked how the music and sound effects fitted well with the story plot therefore effectively creating these atmospheres that allows the player to put themselves in Lanis' shoes so to speak.
I normally play VNs on mute if I find the music to be unfitting or repetitive but Linear had variety and was suitable in that department. :)
I also appreciated the variety of angles when it came to displaying the characters. It felt like a very professional outlook and although it wasn't animated to the point of a movie, it was very close to it because of the variety of shots for me rather than the same player angle over and over again.
My only concern was the game being in chapters as I wanted to save my progress but reading over previous posts, I don't have anything to add on that >3<

To conclude, Keep up the good work. :)

QofDust
Projects: New Year's Eve

#24 Post by QofDust »

I just finished chapter one. I loved it all. I can not wait for chapter two.

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#25 Post by frederic09 »

how could i missed this lovely game ?

i'm gladly waiting for Chapter 2 ^_^
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

CERA

#26 Post by CERA »

Thank you so much to everyone who reviewed the first chapter!
There be changes ahead!

New art style, aaaand I'll be switching to RenPY! Many of you have recommended this to me, and I've had a play around with it and am impressed with the engine's functionality.

More info here: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 43&t=19729

desulishor
Regular
Completed: Project Dualis, Of Valkyries and Life
Projects: Project Scribble [on hiatus] Project Aivisu (WIP) Seven Seasons (WIP)

#27 Post by desulishor »

Being a male myself, I usually stay away from GxB titles, but for some odd reason, i had decided to give this one a spin.

On the writing in general:
Not being in the main audience, there are some things which perhaps can't be helped. I kind of like Lanis, the main protagonist, though all the time spent on describing said male characters is lost on me. Another thing is the describing of clothing, looks and such. This is again a question of style too, but in my taste, it's excessive from time to time.

For some reason, the menu choices annoyed me, just on an incredible level. Partly it's because of the type of a person I am, I suppose, but I can't help but to think how this decision will affect my gameplay experience, and it doesn't help that all of the choices are the seemingly meaningless type. Here, it doesn't really come into play, since the story is only starting, but I hate the type of games where you have to keep worrying about what the main character ate in the morning.
So, my advice would be to leave the meaningful decisions in conversations, in situations where you can see how they matter for the story.

The main characters seem interesting at this point, and I kind of want to see what sort of emotions, if any, Ash is going to show. Though not much development was shown yet, this being the first episode only.

On the world:
The mix of futuristic stuff, psychic powers and politics is interesting and fresh, and the way its fed to the player little by little really drives the point home. I'm slightly reminded of FF8 and in a good way too. Though, your characters have embraced technology and science themselves, yet still remain highly against genetic engineering. The story is still developing, but I kind of hope this isn't one of those games that set upon to provide some sort of an environmental message to their readers.
As a biologist, I tend to wonder how one would replace an entire skeleton? You'd have to rewrite the genetic code that controls the bone marrow production, then grow an embryo in an artificial womb, while feeding 'it' a mix of titanium and nutrients, I guess...
Music themes were sort of few, although they do their thing, the loops were really short, and this would start to bug me after a while.

On graphical style: The animations were a nice touch, as well as the animated chara sprites. I hear that the art style will be subject to change, but all in all, i'm not bothered by the simple look, since the expressions of the chara's make up for that. The BGs deserve a special mention, just stylish.

Lire
Regular
Projects: Witch Hunt
Location: Anywhere this minds follows.. stops at Indonesia for now..

#28 Post by Lire »

@desulishor No offence, kay?
I personally think that many reader of science fiction more care at how good something from science can be use for.
Not how you describing it process. (Except it was important aspect at story..)
I'd like to know about that too, but well, each audience and each author have different of intel sometimes.

And for CERA.
It's good to hear, you changed it to Ren-py.
I can saved it now! :lol:
And why you make me wait for so long.. :?
Kidding... :lol:
I like Chap 1, so i'm waiting here.. 8)
Keep up the good work. :D
Not enough time..
Or i'm a genius in wasting time.. :lol:

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by gekiganwing »

I found a new release on the VNDB called Ex Astris, and noticed it was an episodic visual novel. I made sure to check CERA Studios' site first... and there I learned that it used to be called LINEAR - Divine Seer. So that's why I'm posting in this topic. I'm also glad to know that this project is alive and well after all this time.

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by philip »

Just finished this - anxiously awaiting the next release! A very good story - I'm hooked.
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"