Princess of Ruin (Fantasy)(Otome)(Visual Novel) [Pre-Orders]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
VenusEclipse
Veteran
Completed: Princess of Ruin, Frozen Essence, Heartstring Bugs
Organization: Unbroken Hours
Tumblr: unbrokenhours
Deviantart: venus-eclipse

Princess of Ruin (Fantasy)(Otome)(Visual Novel) [Pre-Orders]

#1 Post by VenusEclipse »

Website and Pre-Order: http://unbrokenhours.com/ruin

Updates: Aug 2014:
-Updated the number of endings and CG count info

Updates: Aug 2014:
-Trailer is now up

Updates: Dec 1st 2013:
-Pre-Orders are now available

About:
Type: Visual Novel, Otome, Fantasy
Release Date: Before the end of 2014
Price: $21.99
Resolution: 1280x720

Features:
-Six guys to choose from
-An original soundtrack. Track count: Approx. 20
-CGs: 70 and counting
-Endings: 20+
-Word Count: TBA

Story:

The kingdom of Razileth had once plunged the world into darkness. In those dark times, heroes emerged and defeated the rulers of the kingdom, leaving it in ruins.

Many magical spells were lost after the kingdom's destruction. One of the most powerful spells was the Cleansing Circle. This magical prison had been used cleanse prisoners of evil thoughts and impurities.

Fifty years after the kingdom's downfall, one young man unearths the lost art of the Cleansing Circle and releases the prisoners inside. Feeling brainwashed instead of cleansed, the prisoners strive to reverse the effects of the cleansing magic.

Characters:
From left to right.

Name: Raissa Emmyra [or Enter Custom Name]
Specialty: Plants
After being released from the Cleansing Circle, Raissa finds herself in an empty palace, brainwashed.
Even so, she still retains the desire to protect the palace. Troubled with her current state, she aims to restore her memories.

Name: Xallaun Diascar
Specialty: Phasing
Xallaun is the one who released the prisoners of the Cleansing Circle.
He likes to joke around and is a flirt. He puts high value on friendship and doesn’t like to let his friends down.

Name: Kione Meszir
Specialty: Fire
Like Raissa, he retains the desire to protect the palace after being released from cleansing magic. He is calm, perceptive, studious and learns quickly.

Name: Cyraen Reminys
Specialty: Controlling Dolls
Cyraen is reserved and is always carrying a doll with him.
He is the only one released from the Cleansing Circle who doesn’t retain the desire to protect the palace.

Name: Ralys Stone
Specialty: Guns
Ralys is famous for his defeat of the current darkness that threatened the peace. He is given the title of hero, a title rarely given to an individual. He is one of the few who has acquired skills new in the modern age.

Name: Alexander Lyoren
Specialty: Swords
Alexander is sophisticated, polite, and from a prestigious family. Few can beat him in the art of swordsmanship. After defeating the current darkness that threatened the peace, he is given the title of hero.

Name: Zhel
Specialty: Handling Magic Gems
Zhel is a fanboy of the newly appointed heroes. His enthusiasm sometimes gets the best of him. He is infamous for failing to craft gems and easily gets persuaded to give his services for free.

Mostly Final Screenshots and GUI

ImageImageImageImage

GUI

I'm extremely happy to be working on a fantasy visual novel. =D
Since we're spending 2-3 times longer on art, story length, music, and other work on this project, this will be commercial. It will kill us to spend another one-two years on a free project at our point in life.
Tell us what you think. =)
Attachments
princessofruinpaths800.jpg
Last edited by VenusEclipse on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:54 am, edited 19 times in total.

piano

Re: Princess of Ruin (Fantasy, Otome, Visual Novel)

#2 Post by piano »

This looks beautifully elegant! I'll be sure to tune in to your updates.

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#3 Post by Nellie »

Just dropping by to show support XD Love the sleek GUI!

Looking forward to seeing it being done! xx

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#4 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Nice so far ^^ What do you think the price range will be? With 6 guys to choose from i'm thinking in the lower teens?

Can't wait for more updates and love your other games. Thanks for all the freeware Otome among other things! You're hard work is much appreciated, especially because you gave it up without fee. Hope this project brings in the doe o3o
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

nancie
Regular

#5 Post by nancie »

I wanted to drop a line to show support for what I'm sure will be a successful title. Having enjoyed all of your previous titles I'd be happy to buy the next one. I love all the art you have shown so far and the story looks fun. You have earned a new stalker, I truly wish you well and look forward to all of your official progress.

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by CheeryMoya »

calling dibs on Alexander By the time you finish, I think I'll actually be able to buy stuff online for once. Everything's looking great so far, but maybe you can increase the text size on the textbox? I doubt you'll need to fit so much dialogue/narration on each line, and small text can be a strain on player's eyes. Keep us posted on progress!

silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

#7 Post by silverpikachu99 »

Oh my goshhh!!!!! Your art has improved SOOO MUCH since frozen essence!! (It's gorgeous by the way) The concept of the story is very interesting as well! Will definitely stalk this post** Good luck!
i'll cry if you yell at me

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#8 Post by VenusEclipse »

@CheeryMoya:
Due to it being a resolution of 1280x720, the text size will appear bigger than my little screenshot.
Actually, here's a larger screenshot. I took it in window form so it's in 960×540. Test it out to see if it's large enough for you.
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t53 ... 63190e.png
I may increase it depending on what the alpha testers say since they'll be going through a lot of text. I'll pay attention to this since text flow is really important. =)

@Hazel-Bun
For the price, it's dependent on how much final content there is. It's why I don't have an exact price right now. I don't plan to go over $30 though.
For the rating, I would like to say 14+. It might be 16+ but I'm unsure at this point.

Thanks for the support everyone! It means a lot. It's tough for me to express thanks without sounding too cheesy. I ended up deleting a lot of cheese in this reply. \*^0^*/

nancie
Regular

#9 Post by nancie »

VenusEclipse wrote: Thanks for the support everyone! It means a lot. It's tough for me to express thanks without sounding too cheesy. I ended up deleting a lot of cheese in this reply. \*^0^*/
That's ok I love cheese :wink:
Just give a shout if you need any additional support. I was wondering if you had a rough estimate of how you have complete so far?

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#10 Post by KittyKatStar »

You already know but I might as well post:

YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT and I look forward to this game. ^_^

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#11 Post by MaiMai »

I love fantasy, I love dark themes, I love otome... Definitely keeping a watch on this one!
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)

CheeryMoya
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by CheeryMoya »

VenusEclipse wrote:@CheeryMoya: Due to it being a resolution of 1280x720, the text size will appear bigger than my little screenshot.
Actually, here's a larger screenshot. I took it in window form so it's in 960×540. Test it out to see if it's large enough for you.
http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t53 ... 63190e.png
I may increase it depending on what the alpha testers say since they'll be going through a lot of text. I'll pay attention to this since text flow is really important. =)
Hm, it still looks a little small to me. Maybe 2 points bigger might be enough?

VenusEclipse
Veteran

#13 Post by VenusEclipse »

@CheeryMoya
I'll make it bigger. =)

@nancie
I don't really have a rough estimate for the completion rate since everything's still early in development.
At the moment, there's 40,000 words unrefined (and it's not even halfway through the story yet), a lot of unpolished backgrounds, a lot of unscripted fight effects that I plan to script as I write.
The only things 100% done are the GUI and some fighting effects (A better version of Frozen Essence's sword swings, sword slashes, and impacts). :mrgreen:

@Hazel-Bun
I think I misread one of your comments. I think you meant the ages for the guys?
They're all 17+. Most of them are in their twenties.

It seems Alexander is the most popular so far via comments everywhere. XD

Hazel-Bun
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Sunrise: A Dieselpunk Fantasy & Ultramarine: A Seapunk Adventure
Projects: Thrall: A Dark Otome Visual Novel
Organization: AURELIA LEO, LLC
Tumblr: authorzknight
itch: authorzknight

#14 Post by Hazel-Bun »

Oh I see, I see! Oh no, what I meant was I assume the price will be in the lower teens ($10-$15) because of the amount of guys to choose from==>meaning more content like CGs. But both of those comments helped haha. I should have been clearer. Also I actually like Ralys the best so far o^o He has all those classic bad-boy/hero traits that I adore on top of his looks. Color me traumatized, but I never trust the smiling blonde especially when they wear glasses because of some other games/novels... xD
Black bookstore owner. Diverse fiction reviewer. Bestselling romance author. Award-winning fiction editor. Quite possibly a werewolf, ask me during the next full moon.

Lunacore

#15 Post by Lunacore »

This looks pretty amazing..
I am so looking forward to it *-*