Momento [Science Fiction][Mystery][Short Demo added]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
CCheshire

Momento [Science Fiction][Mystery][Short Demo added]

#1 Post by CCheshire »

It's the final year of high school for Linette and everyone is preparing for their colleges in the upcoming fall semester. So far, she's been accepted to her first choice for college, but due to the high cost of tuition she might have to reconsider.

Luckily, it looks like her late relative has left her the old apartment where she used to live.
Inside the old apartment she finds an android, who tells her about the full inheritance, but its memory is damaged due to poor maintenance. Linette has until the end of the summer to solve her money problems and maybe learn about her aunt's research.

Linette "Lin": Currently, the protagonist of the story and she has a pessimistic outlook on life and tends to jump to conclusions easily. She is envious of her older brother Leon, who is known for his independent research on robotics as a college student. Her PET is Vin, a small bird that follows her around and helps her with information searches.

Alex: Lin's childhood friend, who was already accepted to the same college, but unlike her he has received a full-ride scholarship. He's known for being a resourceful person and often gives out advice to his friends. He specializes researching old technology and his interests are visiting flea markets and watching historical shows.

Rook: The amnesiac android that used to be a research assistant to Lin's Aunt. His memory is partially corrupted, but he can still do basic tasks on his own. He's an older model, so he's not always connected to the Network like all the PETs.

+ Free
+ Available for Mac/Windows
+ 2 Endings
+ 800x600 resolution
+ Unlockable Extras after completing both routes

Script: 80%
Editing: 10%
Sprites: 25%
CG: 5%
Music: 0%
GUI: 5%
Coding: 10%

Story/Art: CCheshire
Editing: Sheridan & Bert
Colorist: Maltagliati
Stock BGs: http://aretestock.deviantart.com/

Hello, thanks for your interest in the VN. This is my first time creating one and hopefully it'll be entertaining :> Ideally, I'd like to release this sometime before Summer ends.

Also, still looking for a Editor. Please PM, if interested. Thanks.

Questions:

Does the story interest you?
Which character interests you the most?

Ren'Py 6.15.5.354 lint report, generated at: Sun Jul 07 18:50:53 2013

Statistics:

The game contains 58 dialogue blocks, containing 1,074 words and 5,729
characters, for an average of 18.5 words and 99 characters per block.
The game contains 0 menus, 9 images, and 12 screens.
Common Route Demo
Last edited by CCheshire on Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

Re: Momento [Science Fiction][Mystery]

#2 Post by kukiko-tan »

I'm usually not interested in science fiction, but I'm a big fan of mysteries.The plot seems really interesting :> !
The character that interests me more out of them all is the android because he holds the key to the mystery >:D! The following interesting character is the protagonist "which tends to jump to conclusions easily". That can make things fun haha..
^ v ^)/ those are my thoughts! I support you and God bless you to finish this game successfully :'D!

CCheshire

Re: Momento [Science Fiction][Mystery]

#3 Post by CCheshire »

kukiko-tan wrote:I'm usually not interested in science fiction, but I'm a big fan of mysteries.The plot seems really interesting :> !
The character that interests me more out of them all is the android because he holds the key to the mystery >:D! The following interesting character is the protagonist "which tends to jump to conclusions easily". That can make things fun haha..
^ v ^)/ those are my thoughts! I support you and God bless you to finish this game successfully :'D!
Hello,

Thanks for the interest and support :>

I've added a short demo for the common route to the main post now.

NoahSindri
Regular
Projects: Truculence, Noraska:The cats valley
Organization: Sunset Productions

Re: Momento [Science Fiction][Mystery][Short Demo added]

#4 Post by NoahSindri »

Looks like a very good game ^^
I will download the demo and tell you my opinion :D
But I am pretty sure it will be awesome ^^

Veniae
Veteran

#5 Post by Veniae »

Hello there!

First of all, I wanna point out that the OP looks really sleek and professional. I really like the font you've chosen for the headings, and taking the time to format like that leaves the reader with a very good impression.
The story itself seems rather... different and intriguing. With such a premise, I think you could create a pretty engaging mystery! Not to mention that the idea about an amnesiac android is cool.

Out of curiosity, how long do you expect the finished game to be?

In any case, I wish you the best of luck and hope to see this game finished. Cheers! c:

kukiko-tan
Regular
Completed: Fear Not
Projects: The Song of the Caged Crow, Revealed Royalty, The Golden Seed
Organization: RONI
Deviantart: kukiko-tan

#6 Post by kukiko-tan »

(after playing the short demo)I like your writing! I don't know if it's just my lack of full attention at times (I'm overally not a good reader haha), but I couldn't figure out who is the narrator. Was it alex? Was it Lin? Neither of them? It's just a bit confusing. Besides that, it was fun to read :D! Keep going!