Destiny Fails Us [Otome|Romance|Slice of Life] Oct. 7

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Roseus Mirabili
Regular

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Friendship|Dramedy] [Commercial] 6

#91 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

Trust me you aren't the only one trying to avoid that boring chore. At the moment, I'm just trying to get done with the first chapter of something I'm writing (and it's also a great excuse from having people yelling at me for not leaving my room)

DestinyFailsUs
Regular
Completed: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Projects: Destiny Fails Us: A New Life, Make It Last
Organization: Strawberry Dagger Studio
Tumblr: DestinyFailsUs
Deviantart: DestinyFailsUs
itch: Sbds

#92 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Decided to upload one more scene that I'm working on at the moment before I head to bed. I will most likely have more screenshots tomorrow as well! :D

Lily and Samson are shocked about something… And it sure is causing the other students to whisper.

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#93 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Hey! Alright, I said I'd be back today with more CGs, and I have one ready to show you guys! I also have some small news to share as well.

I made quite a few more CGs today, and still have quite a few planned to work on, but I'm thinking about taking a break for the rest of the night since I'm not feeling too well, and I've been working on them for 12 hours.

Also, the small news I have is that I talked to my mom, who's an experienced seamstress, about the possibility of sewing Idril's Strawberry Bag and giving it out as one of the reward tiers when I start my kickstarter. She was up for it, so that means within the next couple of weeks I may have a strawberry bag to show you guys as a teaser for that!

If you can't remember what Idril's bag looked like, I threw this small picture together earlier when I was talking to my mom.

Edit: I noticed the CG link didn't lead to the bigger picture. Fixed it.
Last edited by DestinyFailsUs on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

AngelicBlood
Regular
Projects: House of Hearts

#94 Post by AngelicBlood »

Nice! I can't wait for the game to be released. But take your time :)

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#95 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

AngelicBlood wrote:Nice! I can't wait for the game to be released. But take your time :)
Thank you! I'm hurrying as much as I can (within reason, of course) so you all can enjoy it!

Tyler and I made a huge chunk of progress yesterday on proofreading, and today I am adding expressions and the music/sounds into the already proofread scenes. It's getting better, we added in a small scene last night, and I've created a bunch of CGs this last weekend. I hope you guys are excited.

Here are some screenshots (Click the picture to see a higher resolution):
Idril daydreams and glances over at Vincent studying.

Samson has difficulty talking to Lily.

Idril tries to comfort Samson.

Brian and his friend laugh about someone they saw that morning.

Brian taunts Alaska.

Atali meets up with the rest of the group.

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy|Comm.] 7/11 | NEW: Screenshots

#96 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

ImageImage
ImageImage
Now that I have a general design for the Main Menu and I had to add in the phone and cursor options to the options menu, I decided to redesign the menus to fit the new theme.

The main menu background is just a place holder at the moment, and I figured since I made Verdelish this picture today for her birthday, I’d put that in there for now while I come up with an background picture in it’s place. The save and load screenshots are taken on the second page because the first page has my testing saves with potential spoilers. The current achievement is my 'testing' achievement to make sure everything works.

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy|Comm.] 7/11 | NEW: Screens

#97 Post by Mimi_Melody »

Lalalalala.....LOL, I'm srsly speechless >< Pink and white...it looks really cute and romantic at the same time :D Just love that background for the main menu you have there!
I'm getting more excited, *me wanna play now..cries in the corner* You're doing a great job on the game! I'll look forward to the release~ :)

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#98 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Mimi_Melody wrote:Lalalalala.....LOL, I'm srsly speechless >< Pink and white...it looks really cute and romantic at the same time :D Just love that background for the main menu you have there!
I'm getting more excited, *me wanna play now..cries in the corner* You're doing a great job on the game! I'll look forward to the release~ :)
Thank you so much! I really am happy to hear you're still looking forward to it! I'm really enjoying the new UI :D So I'm glad you are too! And yes, that background <3 I actually have it as my new wallpaper, haha! I still need to come up with something official that includes more the just Vincent and Idril, but I really love how that picture came out.

Proofreading is taking a little bit of time right now because Tyler's boss is on vacation which means Tyler's been working 55 hours this week. So in the meantime I figured I'd do as much as I can to get everything else done, and catch as many errors and typos by myself so we don't have to waste time on that when he has time to proofread.

I also hope that no one minds that there will a lot of Event CGs in the demo. Haha :)

Roseus Mirabili
Regular

#99 Post by Roseus Mirabili »

I don't think anyone will mind alot of cgs. I know I'll probably end up playing the demo over and over to try and get all of them lol The progress is looking very promising by the way and the more I see, the more I can't wait to buy and play the game itself.

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#100 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Roseus Mirabili wrote:I don't think anyone will mind alot of cgs. I know I'll probably end up playing the demo over and over to try and get all of them lol The progress is looking very promising by the way and the more I see, the more I can't wait to buy and play the game itself.
Yeah, I was looking at the list of CGs I have made and have left to make and realized that there's quite a bit of them, haha. I personally like lots of CGs, and once I get started working on them I'm on a roll! :D I'm really excited about it!

In other news, Tyler had his first day off in two weeks today, so we spent a large portion of today proofreading everything! Finished 1 complete route of choices!

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy|Comm.]

#101 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated this thread in a while, I've been working on a lot of stuff that would be too spoilery to show off, and I originally didn't wanna make two posts in a row on my own thread...

I’m so close with finishing the expressions for the demo, just three more short scenes to do! Tyler also has Sunday off and has already dedicated it to going through the game with me and adding in the last of the scenes and proofreading the rest. And after I finish these expressions, all that I really need to finish for the demo, that I don’t plan on working on with Tyler, is the Stats Screen. I’m feeling pretty good right now!

One of the reasons this demo took a bit longer than I originally expected in May, is that I added in many more scenes and visuals than what was originally planned to appear, and I also laid down a LOT of groundwork for the full final version that I don’t have to worry about anymore.

I can't reveal some of the game that I've been working on lately, but I've uploaded these screenshots onto my tumblr to show off some more of the scenes.

Is Idril playing Otome Games, or is she talking to someone online?

Idril is put on the spot, with everyone paying attention to her, what will happen?

Idril stops to chat with Samson before the basketball game, but Brian (and his messy hair) is not amused.

Yumie

Re: Destiny Fails Us [GxB|Dramedy|Comm.] 8/2: Screenshots

#102 Post by Yumie »

Sugoi....!! I can't wait to read this one. Ganbare~ :D
My Recent Tracks

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#103 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Yumie wrote:Sugoi....!! I can't wait to read this one. Ganbare~ :D
Thank you! I'm really happy to hear that! :D
Also, I noticed that you're new, so welcome to the forums!

DestinyFailsUs
Regular

#104 Post by DestinyFailsUs »

Sorry there's not screenshots to show off in this little update.

Tyler and I had a huge edit session last night. We changed some of the scenes, added more events, added some choices, and overall we got a lot done.

We have now gone over everything that I currently have completed with the demo, but with some of the choices, we're going to be adding a few more event scenes for one of the days in the demo. In turn this will give you guys more storyline and will get you a little closer to some of the other characters in the DFU universe.

With the changes, I'm going to need to create some more Event CGs, a map to choose where you would like to go, and some other goodies I'm sure you'll all enjoy. :D

I was going to get a ton of that done today actually, but the power went out while I was working on the map... Unfortunately, while I was hoping to send out the demo to my beta testers this Thursday, the power outage made it so I have to change my goal date to sometime on Sunday. Hopefully, they don't need to work on the power lines outside the house again this week.

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#105 Post by Talann »

ohmagosh, just realized this will be a commercial game...
nooooo, im broke T-T
b-but I guess well, there will be a demo... amirite? ;-;
and, there's also your comics ! ^ ^;
still, this wont stop me from stalking this thread.
muahahhahahahahhaha... MUAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA.

^0^'
okay, no srsly, good luck.