a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] - new music downloads!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
aphosphene
Regular
Projects: Between The Raindrops, red & clover

Re: a2 ~a due~ [GxB][Dramedy][NaNo 2013] + Android, German

#136 Post by aphosphene »

Nellie wrote:
Ohhh.... an offer to help with new CGs...... Ohohohohohoho... Victim spotted! Hope you don't regret this decision in the future :twisted:
Oh me? A victim of such a beautiful project? I don't mind. My sister always tells me I'm probably some sort off a masochist deep inside. :shock: I have no idea what gave her the idea though. :lol:
MY PROJECTS

This isn't vengeance. It's justice. A life for a life
Yes. This is justice. I raise the .45 to his face.
And the rest will be vengeance.

serendipity: (n.) finding something beautiful
without looking for it

Ota

#137 Post by Ota »

What do I not like about this game? Hmph I couldn't think about one. I love all of it, especially the music which is lingering in my mind now. Great work :D

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#138 Post by philip »

I downloaded this story several months ago and played it; got all the endings. Opened it again this evening and went through it again - thoroughly enjoyed it - a well crafted and very entertaining story - the art was great, as was the dialog, and the music - time well spent for me to enjoy the story again! I do understand a little Chinese, but it was even better when I got all the endings and could see Hao's dialog in English.
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

rufiangel
Regular

#139 Post by rufiangel »

I really enjoyed this game! Beautiful GUI. The story and characters were solid, and the "????" ending was
hilarious. XD; So crack!
I liked how unconventional our main character was, and Hao was a darling. I thought for the romantic ending,
the crumpled letters in the bin and the final letter was absolutely lovely
. <3 The only thing I'd say is I wish that bonus chapter had been longer! I mean c'mon~ we need moar! <3

All in all, though, just wanted to express my appreciation for this gem of a game. Thanks for the experience!

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#140 Post by Nellie »

lemonscent wrote:Haha thanks, I guess.
And >__< okay! I'm looking forward to the extended version.
Thanks! Will try hard not to disappoint! :)
aphosphene wrote:
Nellie wrote:
Ohhh.... an offer to help with new CGs...... Ohohohohohoho... Victim spotted! Hope you don't regret this decision in the future :twisted:
Oh me? A victim of such a beautiful project? I don't mind. My sister always tells me I'm probably some sort off a masochist deep inside. :shock: I have no idea what gave her the idea though. :lol:
Ppl tell me I'm a masochist too... But I deny thatttttt! I'm normal... normal... I think XD But thanks in advance! Will check with you again when we're working on the remake! :)
Ota wrote:What do I not like about this game? Hmph I couldn't think about one. I love all of it, especially the music which is lingering in my mind now. Great work :D
Awwww *blush* Thanks for the compliment! Glad you like the music, it's actually one of the major focus of the game! :) Thanks again for your support!
philip wrote:I downloaded this story several months ago and played it; got all the endings. Opened it again this evening and went through it again - thoroughly enjoyed it - a well crafted and very entertaining story - the art was great, as was the dialog, and the music - time well spent for me to enjoy the story again! I do understand a little Chinese, but it was even better when I got all the endings and could see Hao's dialog in English.
So glad you enjoy it so much - enough to actually give it a second go-through! We're so touched! *sob* Players like you give us all the extra motivation to make more games! Hope you had a few laugh reading through Hao's translated dialogue! :)
rufiangel wrote:I really enjoyed this game! Beautiful GUI. The story and characters were solid, and the "????" ending was
hilarious. XD; So crack!
I liked how unconventional our main character was, and Hao was a darling. I thought for the romantic ending,
the crumpled letters in the bin and the final letter was absolutely lovely
. <3 The only thing I'd say is I wish that bonus chapter had been longer! I mean c'mon~ we need moar! <3

All in all, though, just wanted to express my appreciation for this gem of a game. Thanks for the experience!
Hehe... The ??? ending was a total troll... Some of us (especially me lol) loves trolling ppl, but we've got set a limit not to troll ppl in an annoying way *hides*
We were also aiming for an unconventional love story for the valentine day special - thus the birth of a2 and our 'unconventional' couple ;)
We'll try our best to put in moar in the expansion! =D

I also have an announcement here, hoping it'll please some of you! a2 is currently being ported to iOS (so far we've only got to edit some of the resolution/screen ratio issues!) as well as getting (optional) VA patch! This is estimated to be done in a week or two! Hurray! =D And yes, Hao will be voiced by a genuine China VA! Hopefully he won't sound too annoying! XD *runs*

shiho14
Regular

#141 Post by shiho14 »

I downloaded this game a month ago and I just played it yesterday..I seriously regret why I didn't play it sooner! >.<

I really love your game..I stayed till 3 am playing it!xD Words aren’t enough for me to say how wonderful your game is. It's one of the best stories I have played ^^

I really adore all the characters. Main characters and side characters alike.

The main character, Sona. Her flaws are the things that makes her perfect for me.
She’s strong yet vulnerable at the same time and I love her drawings! It’s so adorable that she used her drawings to communicate with Hao and their interactions in it was really funny xD
Hao.
It’s so unique that he was introduced speaking in language you can’t understand and playing through the whole game trying to understand on what he is saying. For me it, it made him even more endearing. I love his passion for music, his desire to have friends, and his drawing of Sona that looks like a Hedgehog..lol! It was really funny, when he kept saying ‘girlfriend’ especially the part when he rescued her from the thugs xD
The orchestra members were really cool.
If I were to form my own members, I would really like these kinds of people to be in my club. I really feel sorry for them when they practicing with Hao though xD And they were awesome when they rescued Sona from the thugs, they are so likeable!
Overall this game made me smile the entire day after playing it. I love all the endings! The ??? ending
trolled me hard lol because I was expecting something really sad or tragic but I didn’t expect on what appeared before me haha!
I love the music in the game, I’m even using it now as a background music (yes the game is open ..replaying the game again xD). I love the drawings and the art!
Even Sona and Hao’s drawings. I love seeing the drawings every chapter in the story and seeing them again during the credits, I really respect the artist who did it ^^
And I’m excited if the game is being ported to IOS, I’ll definitely download it and let my cousin play this awesome game :D

Heart of Art
Projects: The Untold Tale

#142 Post by Heart of Art »

I just finished the game, and i stayed up some nights to finish. It was great and had a cool story, and I love the endings because they were so different. Congrats on the game, I loved it.
GUB GUB!

Arowana
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: a2 ~a due~
Projects: AXIOM.01, The Pirate Mermaid
Organization: Variable X, Navigame
Tumblr: navigame-media
itch: navigame

#143 Post by Arowana »

@ shiho14
Aw thanks, I'm glad you remembered that you downloaded it, and I hope your cousin plays it too! :D We had a lot of fun coming up with the characters and their doodles, especially the hedgehog one (I think we were even nicknaming Sona "Sonic" at one point haha). For Hao's first attempts at English, I think we were originally considering making him swear or talk like a gangster, but I do like the way it turned out more. :3
And yes, yay for troll endings! xD
Nellie is the amazing artist who did all the chibi drawings, doodles, CG sketches, etc. (and even she arranged some of the music!), so she definitely has my respect as well. xD

@ Heart of Art
Thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed the different endings. We tried to make all of them interesting in their own ways. :D

As for updates, we're still working on the iOS port on the side. Though it's mostly done, there's still a few graphical things that we want to improve. Here's a photo of it running on my iPad. :3

Complete: a2 ~a due~ (music, language, love)
In progress: The Pirate Mermaid (fairytale otome)
On hold: AXIOM.01 (girl detective game)

aphosphene
Regular
Projects: Between The Raindrops, red & clover

#144 Post by aphosphene »

Arowana wrote: As for updates, we're still working on the iOS port on the side. Though it's mostly done, there's still a few graphical things that we want to improve. Here's a photo of it running on my iPad. :3

*screams*
I already have the android version on my tab but I'll definitely be downloading this on my brother's ipad so he could play it.
Good job :)
MY PROJECTS

This isn't vengeance. It's justice. A life for a life
Yes. This is justice. I raise the .45 to his face.
And the rest will be vengeance.

serendipity: (n.) finding something beautiful
without looking for it

roxii

#145 Post by roxii »

This game was absolutely beautiful. I just spent the last 6 hours playing through the game, getting all the endings and playing through the translated mode. Thank you for a very enjoyable day!

At first, I admit that I was a little put off by Sona at first,
as she just seemed like a total punk, and seemed to be quite selfish. However, after reading through her backstory, her character totally made sense. To be honest I can relate to having something you love smashed to bits (both literally and figuratively), so I could really sympathise with Sona. You managed to capture the hurt without making the story too much "poor me, my life is terrible", and her actions toward her father seemed really plausible.
Additionally, I just loved the theme of the language barrier and the general theme of misunderstandings.
I loved how they started using music terms to communicate, as the band/orchestra nerd in me could understand them! I've never played a dual-language game before, and not understanding the Chinese was frustrating but genius, as it made Sona's frustration all the more real. I liked playing through the translated version as well, as it really underscored how similarly they believed. While I got the gist through the doodles and situation (I could also pick up a few of the Chinese characters' meanings, but very very few), it was cool being to understand what he really meant (and I quite enjoyed the chest joke!)
Just a technical note. I played this on my Android, and the skip read function, when set to skip only read messages, sometimes wouldn't skip, even though I read through parts a ton of times. That's really the only problem I had.

Finally I just want to say that this game was truly enjoyable, and it's easily one of the best VNs out there. Still can't believe you did this in a month! I would really love to see an extended version
and would love to see a more concrete love end!
Seriously, I was playing this game in public, and it took all of my will not to become overly-emotional. The music, writing, art, everything was just fantastic!
Okay, one more thing. Is "ridicolosamente" actually used in music? I know it's a legit word, but I've never run across it in sheet music. Just wondering :)
Anyways, just love this game!

EchoLove
Regular

#146 Post by EchoLove »

If you were to do a remastered version iIwould love a more complete end I guess? I just wanted to see more of Sona and Hao together in the end

ElectraPop

#147 Post by ElectraPop »

I played this game some moths ago, and it really made an impact on me.
The characters are very endearing, and I just adore Sona's personality, It's rare to see female main caracters that are rude, blunt and stubborn in a very belivable way. Sometimes when the mc is made in such way they try too hard to be stubborn or fiesty i just roll my eyes.
The chinese writting was an amazing touch honestly, for someone who cannot read chinese, it was very easy to feel what sona was feeling about the language barrier. And about Hao, I could really relate to him in a way, putting work and responsability before anything else, and then accidentally forgetting to take a good break to breathe.

Very very good game, fantastic honestly. Hope to see if a new version is ever realased, I'd play it without second thoughts.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#148 Post by Fenrir34 »

Finally! A game about music!
Sorry I just love music a lot and haven't seen many otome games about.
Anyway, I just finished the game yesterday and just wanted to say a job well done.
The story, art, and characters were all great. Sona was awesome and Hao was just brilliant.
Your story actually made me cry a couple of times :cry:
That's hasn't happen in a long time

I really did love Sona. She's the type of character I'd like to see a little more often in otome games. She was strong yet had her weak points and, though at first a bit cruel and rude, because a girl who I'd want to be friends with

I'm happy to say that your game has inspired me to make my games more emotional and have some sort of meaning.

That's hard to do but hopefully I can accomplish it.

Anyway, good job with this game. I'm going to play it again :D

Viobli
Regular
Projects: *Truly, Friends *Lady Eun-mi

#149 Post by Viobli »

This was really fun to play (nearly melted when I finished xD). As Chinese is my Mother Tongue language I was able to understand what Hao said (yay ^^)
Anyway, I really like Sona. She's a MUST.USE heroine in every VN. Okay maybe that is a bit extravagant... and...
When the percussionist taught Hao dat gangster language >.> GTFO girlfriend. Lolwut.
Overall, I really love the characters, the art is exceptionally amazing and the writing is just fab. (One month? Please tell me that you're kidding v.v)

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#150 Post by Tempus »

I totally forgot to add a comment here. I played this about one or two months ago and really enjoyed it. I don't know what feedback I can give other than what's already been said. A great achievement for a single month. Keep up the good work ^.^
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)