Noraska: Tha Cats Valley! [Romance, Adventure] [BxG]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
NoahSindri
Regular
Projects: Truculence, Noraska:The cats valley
Organization: Sunset Productions

Noraska: Tha Cats Valley! [Romance, Adventure] [BxG]

#1 Post by NoahSindri »

Okay people here is my new project ^^

Story:

Ian is an American boy who went someday to the library, went around to find any interesting book and found an old book written in old English...
Since he took a course in old English in the literature class, he decided to buy it and try to understand it...
The book was actually an old curses book which had a portal to a place called Noraska!
Ian did the curse without knowing what it does...so he was teleported to that strange place...
But that place isn't normal...
All the people living there are actually LIONS!
but like werewolves, They can transform into humans...but with cats ears and tails!
He will meet kind girls on his journey...actually not very kind :P
Will he return back?
Are they gonna kill him?
Can he actually love a CAT?!
Well...it's up to you after all ;)

Characters:

Ian Fields (you)

A very annoying guy that is always afraid and can't do anything by himself, but loves to explore and he is curious about nearly everything!

Zaniega

The first girl that Ian will meet, she is very mysterious and always angry or mad, and she is pretty rude also which will cause a lot of fight between her and other characters

Waytar

A very funny and outgoing wild cat! She doesn't stand in one place for even a minute! She is always laughing and loves to have fun, but this really bothers Zaniega which hates fun

Phentely

The smart part! She is the mean girl in most of the game...No one actually likes her because she always tries to lead them because of her intelligence, but even though she is pretty smart, she gets angry really fast!

Rhen

My favorite character actually! Maybe because it is the name of my cousin ^^....she is very shy and calm, she even can't look at ANYONE in his eyes, so all of the time she will be looking away, she is also a bit loney because of her shyness.

Progress:

Story: 100%
Script: 70%
music: 100%
bgs: 100%
coding: 50%

Sprites: Anne
Story and coding: Me^^
BG: Zylinder and BCS

Screenshots:

I hope you guys find it interesting ^^

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

Re: Noraska: Tha Cats Valley! [Romance, Adventure] [BxG]

#2 Post by khfan12 »

Oh, this seems interesting!
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader

radlpro

#3 Post by radlpro »

Looks very interesting! Looking forward to trying it out.

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by gekiganwing »

I looked at this post this morning, and thought that the characters had nearly identical outfits. (As of this writing, the images don't seem to work.) You might benefit by giving your cast distinctly different clothes.

You mentioned that Ian finds a book written in old English. Please keep in mind that it hasn't been spoken in about 900 years. Only a few museums would have books that old, and they might be in fragments.

merdeamour
Veteran
Projects: Taleweaver's Curse

#5 Post by merdeamour »

Out of curiousity... can books be bought in libraries? Anyway, as gekiganwing said, a book in Old English is something that isn't commonly found--much less in a library. And if Ian buys it, it will decidedly be a very expensive book, unless the seller doesn't know what it is. (Since you said it's in a library, I doubt that people would let go of a book like that easily...)

I have a question--like why is the guy accompanied by the cats? What journey? Do his companions know something about getting him back to where he came from...?

Still can't see the images for the sprites, but it's great that the writing and scripting are almost done. Good luck with this!
What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything?
-Vincent van Gogh
I manage a blog, Another Otome Diary where I give my two cents on otomes I've played. Check it out, or let me know if you want a game of yours reviewed!

NoahSindri
Regular

#6 Post by NoahSindri »

khfan12 wrote:Oh, this seems interesting!

Thanx dear ^^

NoahSindri
Regular

#7 Post by NoahSindri »

radlpro wrote:Looks very interesting! Looking forward to trying it out.
Thanx ^^

NoahSindri
Regular

#8 Post by NoahSindri »

gekiganwing wrote:I looked at this post this morning, and thought that the characters had nearly identical outfits. (As of this writing, the images don't seem to work.) You might benefit by giving your cast distinctly different clothes.

You mentioned that Ian finds a book written in old English. Please keep in mind that it hasn't been spoken in about 900 years. Only a few museums would have books that old, and they might be in fragments.
About the clothes, it is what I really wanted for them to have sort of identical clothes, but we can think abou that again ^^
I don't really come from anything near Europe but...in here a 1000 years old book can be found in any library, so I am really writing it as I can see from around me...

NoahSindri
Regular

#9 Post by NoahSindri »

merdeamour wrote:Out of curiousity... can books be bought in libraries? Anyway, as gekiganwing said, a book in Old English is something that isn't commonly found--much less in a library. And if Ian buys it, it will decidedly be a very expensive book, unless the seller doesn't know what it is. (Since you said it's in a library, I doubt that people would let go of a book like that easily...)

I have a question--like why is the guy accompanied by the cats? What journey? Do his companions know something about getting him back to where he came from...?

Still can't see the images for the sprites, but it's great that the writing and scripting are almost done. Good luck with this!
well yeah in here you can buy books from libraries, and in the full details of the game, the seller was too old to hear or see anything :P
They are actually lions, in all the fictions there are werewolves, I changed that topic somewhat to lions, and after thinking, he transformed like kKazumi transferring to Inuyasha's world, and no they couldn't figure how to return him back