A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

Re: A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#121 Post by Morishita »

silverpikachu99 wrote:OMG IM SO HAPPY IT'S FINALLY OUT!!!!! The CGs look gorgeous-as always. It even seems that you have improved since the last time!!! SO thank you so much for making this! Ohh and good luck with your other project school memories!
Thank you for playing it again <3 I'm also happy that you still enjoyed the game! I was so nervous about the cg's and still have some much to learn with the composition and lighting but I'm so relieved that so many people really like the cg's ^^ I should stop being so nervous about my art so much ^^; though I am a little nervous about doing School Memories since it's based on a true story but we'll see how it goes~

Ramunai
Regular
Projects: Love Target!

#122 Post by Ramunai »

Amagad, excuse me while I jump up and down and squeal like a little girl. It's out and done! OUT AND DONE! AMAGAD!!!

...*coughs*, anyway, I've only started and completed Damine's path but I also love it! Melted at the new CG for him xD Hehe~ Well, I'm off to play Edavine's path now~

Great job on this~! <3
Ramunai [ラムない]
WIP: Love Target!

Elextra
Projects: Ookami Princess

#123 Post by Elextra »

I have to be completely honest here.
This game...... Ive played many otome games/visual novels, so naturally, it may get boring after a while (though I still love them)
BUT. This game, your game, has refreshed my view on them.
This visual novel was literally one of the best ones I have played through in a while, even though it was short.
I know some people were bothered by the fact that the MC wasn't pretty enough, and it did urk me too. But everything was just so nice and amazing that I overlooked it and I rate your game 10 stars.
Please continue to make them and even if you need to, I would actually be willing to buy them if they needed to be bought.
Great job on this ^_^

Morishita
Veteran

#124 Post by Morishita »

Ramunai wrote:Amagad, excuse me while I jump up and down and squeal like a little girl. It's out and done! OUT AND DONE! AMAGAD!!!

...*coughs*, anyway, I've only started and completed Damine's path but I also love it! Melted at the new CG for him xD Hehe~ Well, I'm off to play Edavine's path now~

Great job on this~! <3
Thank you for playing! You're comment really made me smile ^^ It's nice to know that it has such a positive effect on others :D
Feel free to let me know what you though about Edavine's path. I really enjoy reading others thoughts on the story.
Elextra wrote:I have to be completely honest here.
This game...... Ive played many otome games/visual novels, so naturally, it may get boring after a while (though I still love them)
BUT. This game, your game, has refreshed my view on them.
This visual novel was literally one of the best ones I have played through in a while, even though it was short.
I know some people were bothered by the fact that the MC wasn't pretty enough, and it did urk me too. But everything was just so nice and amazing that I overlooked it and I rate your game 10 stars.
Please continue to make them and even if you need to, I would actually be willing to buy them if they needed to be bought.
Great job on this ^_^
That's so kind of you to say about my game! I wasn't sure how the game would be accepted when I released it and since I haven't played that many otome games, I was really worried that it wouldn't really feel like an otome game but I'm happy to know that you really enjoyed it and that it refreshed your view on them^^
I'll keep on studying different story styles and art techniques so I hope that my future games improve over time also~ I'll also try to keep making a mixture of free games and commercial games for those who might not be able to buy the game but that is so sweet of you to say that you would buy it if needed. Thank you very much!

Aceline

#125 Post by Aceline »

Played both routes and am seriously crushing on Damine. Haha, great job and thanks for sharing your game! It was well written, had beautiful graphics and lovely music. Looking forward to anything else you may release in the future.

Morishita
Veteran

#126 Post by Morishita »

Aceline wrote:Played both routes and am seriously crushing on Damine. Haha, great job and thanks for sharing your game! It was well written, had beautiful graphics and lovely music. Looking forward to anything else you may release in the future.
You're very welcome ^^ Thank you for playing it! It seems like Damine's fans are more vocal then Edavine's fans because so far it seems like they're are more Damine fan's then Edavine fans, at least here on Lemmasoft ^^;

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#127 Post by philip »

An excellent and well done story. Have been through it several times, and despite all the positive comments favoring Damine, I still prefer Edavine. So there! I look forward to your next effort!!!
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"

rock_an9el
Regular
Completed: Midnight's Cafe, Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: Hush hush
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#128 Post by rock_an9el »

Hi! Your game is really good, I enjoyed playing through it. :) I have to thank my best friend for recommending me this game ^_^
I loved the heroine because I could relate with her in some areas. :) I found her really cool to be honest.
I loved Edavine's path more than Damine's because... well.... I don't really like players xD Damine's path was fun too, I enjoyed it, especially when
Acacia slapped him! That scene was awesome!
The CGs ant the art were really beautiful!! :D

Overall, I love the game and I'd recommend it surely. ^_^
Image Image Image

Morishita
Veteran

#129 Post by Morishita »

philip wrote:An excellent and well done story. Have been through it several times, and despite all the positive comments favoring Damine, I still prefer Edavine. So there! I look forward to your next effort!!!
Alright! An Edavine fan! <D I was starting to wonder about that but I see that there are still some Edavine fan's out there. I guess that shouldn't be a surprise to me since he did win the popularity poll but a landslide ^^; Thank you very much Philip, I'll make sure to keep everyone posted about the game on my main site and tumblr.
rock_an9el wrote:Hi! Your game is really good, I enjoyed playing through it. :) I have to thank my best friend for recommending me this game ^_^
I loved the heroine because I could relate with her in some areas. :) I found her really cool to be honest.
I loved Edavine's path more than Damine's because... well.... I don't really like players xD Damine's path was fun too, I enjoyed it, especially when
Acacia slapped him! That scene was awesome!
The CGs ant the art were really beautiful!! :D

Overall, I love the game and I'd recommend it surely. ^_^
Let your friend know that I said Thank you so much for spreading the word about my game ^^ I really appreciate it! Also I'm really happy that you enjoyed the game, even with all of Acacia's robust moments ^^; Thank you so much for playing it and leaving me a comment about the game too <3

NoahSindri
Regular
Projects: Truculence, Noraska:The cats valley
Organization: Sunset Productions

#130 Post by NoahSindri »

Great game! I really like it :D
Thanx for your efforts <3

Anomandaris
Regular

#131 Post by Anomandaris »

I'm late to the party, but I just downloaded the polished version and played through all the paths in one sitting.

First off, the art is beautiful - backgrounds, characters, everything. I'm also really shocked that you've gotten comments saying that Acacia isn't attractive when she's so gorgeous! I especially loved her wild, orange hair.

I played Edavine's path first, and was pleasantly surprised by the dialogue and story. At first, I thought that
Aeron was going to be an option, but then he escalated fairly quickly into almost a complete villain. I admit that I cackled gleefully for quite a while when Acacia punched him in the stomach at Damien's party. I thought it was interesting that he seemed to care about family standing at the end in Edavine's path...so Acacia's family is evidently still high enough in status for such an ambitious man to pursue a marriage into it?
Anyways, Edavine was my favorite by far. I thought that Damien was too much of a jerk at first for me to really like him. (Although it was really sweet of him to
sneak back and fix Acacia's mother's flower garden.
I thought that was a nice touch.) The dialogue was cute, but doesn't Acacia act a bit young for her age most of the time? Although she does seem a bit sheltered when it comes to this sort of thing, so perhaps that's justified.

There's still quite a few grammatical/typographic errors in the polished version, especially when it comes to comma placement in sentences. I could still play through the game, but I found it jarring at times, especially in the beginning. Just thought I'd let you know.

Overall, a short and sweet game! Impressive that it was done in a month.

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#132 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I wanted to get with Aeron. He is my two favorite types of love interest: nurturable shy sweetheart and pining for me all along.

AquaEG
Regular
Projects: Fateful Encounters
Organization: At the moment, niches are not my forte.

#133 Post by AquaEG »

Wahh~~!! First of all, I just have to say...this game was soooooo nice! I'm honestly amazed you could get such a masterpiece done in one month! That's just pure dedication, gosh! :D

In this game, I really can't be biased! I love all the guys! Everyone is so darn adorable! xD Your art, wow, just gorgeous!! I loved your writing, too...it was so magical and fit right right into everything. As did the music. :wink:

I really, really liked the main character, and I don't think badly of her; she's absolutely stunning, with the glitter around her eyes and her messy hair! Her personality was sometimes...unorthodox :wink: but that's what made her such a kick*** protagonist.

Don't get me started on Damine and Edavine...if I start, I'd just go on and on about their hunkiness and their romanticness and their playfulness >////< (Let me stop.) Aeron was a nice guy too, but, oh well~

I have no qualms with the mistakes; they were few and little in number. :D

Finally, I have to say that playing this game was a wonderful experience, and I look forward to seeing more of your... art O////O...I mean more of your games! Heheh ^-^"

Morishita
Veteran

#134 Post by Morishita »

NoahSindri wrote:Great game! I really like it :D
Thanx for your efforts <3
You're very welcome and Thank you for playing it ^^
Anomandaris wrote:I'm late to the party, but I just downloaded the polished version and played through all the paths in one sitting.

First off, the art is beautiful - backgrounds, characters, everything. I'm also really shocked that you've gotten comments saying that Acacia isn't attractive when she's so gorgeous! I especially loved her wild, orange hair.

I played Edavine's path first, and was pleasantly surprised by the dialogue and story. At first, I thought that
Aeron was going to be an option, but then he escalated fairly quickly into almost a complete villain. I admit that I cackled gleefully for quite a while when Acacia punched him in the stomach at Damien's party. I thought it was interesting that he seemed to care about family standing at the end in Edavine's path...so Acacia's family is evidently still high enough in status for such an ambitious man to pursue a marriage into it?
Anyways, Edavine was my favorite by far. I thought that Damien was too much of a jerk at first for me to really like him. (Although it was really sweet of him to
sneak back and fix Acacia's mother's flower garden.
I thought that was a nice touch.) The dialogue was cute, but doesn't Acacia act a bit young for her age most of the time? Although she does seem a bit sheltered when it comes to this sort of thing, so perhaps that's justified.

There's still quite a few grammatical/typographic errors in the polished version, especially when it comes to comma placement in sentences. I could still play through the game, but I found it jarring at times, especially in the beginning. Just thought I'd let you know.

Overall, a short and sweet game! Impressive that it was done in a month.
Thank you for playing my game ^^ and I apologizes for the grammatical/typographic errors, I'll keep trying my best to get a better understanding when it comes to grammar and comma placement but I appreciate it that you where able to finish the story and gave me your thoughts on it =D
In regards to Aeron
I wouldn't really consider his character ambitious ^^; or higher then Acacia's family. He's based off of people who I've dealt with in real life that look down on others even though they don't have much of anything to brag about. W Acacia's family a lot of the family drama has been aired out in public so other people look down on them because of their family flaws but they aren't low statue trolls at all. Her mother runs her own bustling bakery shop that's gained the attention from the higher ups like the Queen and her daughters help their mom keep the shop running since she is a single parent. So even though their family situation is looked down on, being her dad ran off with another woman and the mother and eldest daughter are extra rough and loud, they are still a lot better off then the other trolls. I didn't really want to go into much world building when making the game because of the time constriction but I kind of wanted to hint at it with their family gaining favor from Queen and her busy bakery shop ^^. As for Acacia not really acting her age, I definitely agree with you on that, she does have a lot of immature moments but I'd have to blame her immature personality on my own mindset when I wrote her character out. I wanted a mixture of someone who was strong but not a stick in the mud so I ended up coming up with our violent, some what childish troll Acacia ^^ but thank you for giving me your thoughts on how Acacia and Aeron came off to you, it's very interesting to see what others think of my characters and I really enjoy talking about the characters background since I wasn't able to do that in the game but could only hint at it because I was worried about being to long winded and of course the time constriction ^^
KashyaCharsi wrote:I wanted to get with Aeron. He is my two favorite types of love interest: nurturable shy sweetheart and pining for me all along.
Hahaha <D I'm sure Aeron would be happy to know that he has another fan~ Thank you for playing the game ^^
AquaEG wrote:Wahh~~!! First of all, I just have to say...this game was soooooo nice! I'm honestly amazed you could get such a masterpiece done in one month! That's just pure dedication, gosh! :D

In this game, I really can't be biased! I love all the guys! Everyone is so darn adorable! xD Your art, wow, just gorgeous!! I loved your writing, too...it was so magical and fit right right into everything. As did the music. :wink:

I really, really liked the main character, and I don't think badly of her; she's absolutely stunning, with the glitter around her eyes and her messy hair! Her personality was sometimes...unorthodox :wink: but that's what made her such a kick*** protagonist.

Don't get me started on Damine and Edavine...if I start, I'd just go on and on about their hunkiness and their romanticness and their playfulness >////< (Let me stop.) Aeron was a nice guy too, but, oh well~

I have no qualms with the mistakes; they were few and little in number. :D

Finally, I have to say that playing this game was a wonderful experience, and I look forward to seeing more of your... art O////O...I mean more of your games! Heheh ^-^"
Thank you so much <3 I'm very happy to see that you really liked my artwork! I was worried that it wouldn't be well liked since I've been told that it looks a little different then what others are normally use to seeing with Otome games but I'll keep trying to improve on my flaws and hopefully make another game that is just as enjoyable. Again thank you so much for your kind compliments and for playing through my game! <D

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#135 Post by KashyaCharsi »

Too bad every potential love interest is a tsundere, and I lost most of my fondness for Aeron when he behaved like I need training for my own good. That kind of condescension always annoys me. And in the end of the route,
I was almost glad Acacia's decision was getting easier and easier. If Aeron was a nice guy, Acacia not feeling attracted to him would be a dilemma indeed, but when he was already getting abusive towards her, I wished everyone abused had such an easy decision, save for the peer pressure and the poor humiliated family indeed. But luckily he was as stupid as smug, so he practically ruined his own pursuit. That was awesome :mrgreen:
Last edited by KashyaCharsi on Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.