A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Morishita
Veteran
Completed: A Troll's Fairy Tale
Projects: School Memories, Curse of the Caribbean,
Organization: S.K.Y. Art and Designs

Re: A Troll's Fairy Tale [Otome] [GxB] [NaNoRenO 2013]

#136 Post by Morishita »

KashyaCharsi wrote:Too bad every potential love interest is a tsundere, and I lost most of my fondness for Aeron when he behaved like I need training for my own good. That kind of condescension always annoys me.
That's unfortunate that you didn't enjoy the game but Thank you for playing my game anyways. <)

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#137 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I didn't say I didn't enjoy it :) I just prefer one adoring me all along, a woobie (maybe both of them combined in one person), putting the player in his/her place while staying totally immune, and standing up to a jerk as easily defeated as Aeron did. Or combine this last two in one person, maybe as Ochi from Ori, Ochi, Onoe. Oh, how I wanted to yank her out of my house... *thirsts for cruelty* XD
And I liked Acacia's fieriness ;)
Last edited by KashyaCharsi on Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morishita
Veteran

#138 Post by Morishita »

KashyaCharsi wrote:I didn't say I didn't enjoy it :) I just prefer one adoring me all along, a woobie (maybe both of them combined in one person), putting the player in his/her place while staying totally immune, and standing up to a jerk as easily defeated as Aeron did. And I liked Acacia's fieriness ;)
;) Ahhh! I understand what you mean now! Forgive me for my confusion ^^; I'll have to do some more research on different character types to include in my other stories; Thank you so much for the suggestion! I also enjoy the white knight type of characters, kind of like jihae from Dandelions. I loved how spoke so respectfully to the mc and just how his character was portrayed as a knight ^^ I'll probably try to add those gentler characters in my future games. <D

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#139 Post by KashyaCharsi »

I saw Aeron as a vastly different character on Damine's route. Is it my poor people skills or had he to give a foil to Damine stringing Acacia along with his own unconditional devotion and Edavine foils Aeron's controlling attitude by loving Acacia just the way she is?
I wrote a comment onto TvTropes about this:
"I wonder whether I am the only one who has noticed a pattern among the romanceable characters. Like: There is always one who has been pining for the MC all along (Lawrence in Always Remember Me, Liam in Ristorante Amore, Kidou in School Festival, Seth in Summer found me); the character the MC is initially pining for (Aaron in Always Remember Me, Alden in Summer found me); the jerk to defrost (Ethan in Ristorante Amore, Kidou again, and Devlin in Summer found me, Nakula in Nacira); and maybe some innocent, sensitive Nice Guy (Eddy in Always Remember Me, Naoki in School Festival, Sadewa in Nacira)."
Anyway, I am also imagining characters like these and I would like to find meaningful names for them (especially surnames), which sound elegant and natural enough. They are embodiments of the Woobie, Narcissist and Irrational Hatred tropes.

Morishita
Veteran

#140 Post by Morishita »

KashyaCharsi wrote:I saw Aeron as a vastly different character on Damine's route. Is it my poor people skills or had he to give a foil to Damine stringing Acacia along with his own unconditional devotion and Edavine foils Aeron's controlling attitude by loving Acacia just the way she is?
I wrote a comment onto TvTropes about this:
"I wonder whether I am the only one who has noticed a pattern among the romanceable characters. Like: There is always one who has been pining for the MC all along (Lawrence in Always Remember Me, Liam in Ristorante Amore, Kidou in School Festival, Seth in Summer found me); the character the MC is initially pining for (Aaron in Always Remember Me, Alden in Summer found me); the jerk to defrost (Ethan in Ristorante Amore, Kidou again, and Devlin in Summer found me, Nakula in Nacira); and maybe some innocent, sensitive Nice Guy (Eddy in Always Remember Me, Naoki in School Festival, Sadewa in Nacira)."
I don't think it's poor people skills at all, given I don't have the best people skills either but you're right when you noticed Aeron's different personality in the two routes. In Damine's I wanted to portray him as someone who could possible be prince charming but I also wanted to show that small hint of a darker side when he wouldn't take Acacia's no for an answer and kept trying to push his plan on her. Later on in Edavine's route you find just the type of person he really is since you get to interact with him more in that route then Damine's. He has a few plus sides to his personality but he also has a lot of flaws as well, which the majority of the cast also has their flaws and pluses too but I think that everyone will see it a little differently then the way I initially planned it to be portrayed as, which is completely alright with me because I find it very interesting and informative to know other peoples views on the story so that I can get a better understanding on how I'm making the characters come off as ^^ I'm honored to have someone besides myself think so deeply about the characters that I've created >//<

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#141 Post by KashyaCharsi »

Thinking about it, Edavine is my favorite. His "creepiness" is extremely flattering, and I like romances blossoming from friendship. And with his family also quarreling a lot, he can understand me the most.
Aeron has a pretty poor judge of character if he wanted to make Acacia his submissive victim. Her of all people, who gets hot-headed at the slightest insult, is clearly not attracted to him to be blinded to his flaws and isn't even desperate to get a husband, given that she has had interested boys but she was choosy. And he, who is coward enough to resort to passive-agressiveness but stupid enough to practically disarm himself without her assistance. I want enemies like him :D

Veniae
Veteran

#142 Post by Veniae »

You know, this game is just what I needed.

I've been feeling a bit down the whole evening, so when I saw it in the Completed Games section, I decided to immediately give it a try. (I remembered liking the concept when it was still in dev stage.) And good thing I did!

For the last couple of hours, I've been sitting in front of the screen, smiling like a lunatic. The story was in equal parts funny and touching, up to the very end when I was actually afraid my heart would melt. The archetype Damine represents is my favourite, so pursuing him was like a walk in the park on a sunny day, with birds chirping and a gentle breeze blowing and... Actually I'm just going to stop here before the metaphor completely falls apart. Point is: It was lovely.

I'll be honest here: the way the relationship between these two unfolded didn't surprise me in any way, but then again, I don't think that was your objective. The story was sweet, magical, and gripping. I could really relate to the heroine and how she did get her happy ending really warmed my heart. Stories about following your dream and never giving up always lift your spirits, which is exactly what I was looking for!

The art was also really beautiful, I loved all of the character designs! The music was pleasant, without distracting from the story, and the GUI was also easy on the eyes. Your writing has a nice flow and pacing, but I think it could use some polishing: especially when punctuation is concerned. Yet, it didn't detract from the story, so it's just a nitpick.

To sum up: I loved the game. I'll wrap up here, because I'm seriously considering another play-through before I go to bed. (I'd be mad at you for disrupting my sleep schedule, but I don't have one, so... ) Anyway, thank you for creating this VN and I'm looking forward to your next project!

Morishita
Veteran

#143 Post by Morishita »

KashyaCharsi wrote:Thinking about it, Edavine is my favorite. His "creepiness" is extremely flattering, and I like romances blossoming from friendship. And with his family also quarreling a lot, he can understand me the most.
Aeron has a pretty poor judge of character if he wanted to make Acacia his submissive victim. Her of all people, who gets hot-headed at the slightest insult, is clearly not attracted to him to be blinded to his flaws and isn't even desperate to get a husband, given that she has had interested boys but she was choosy. And he, who is coward enough to resort to passive-agressiveness but stupid enough to practically disarm himself without her assistance. I want enemies like him :D
Hahaha! It would probably make things a lot easier if our enemies were so weak like that ^^; That's a very funny way to see things <D
Veniae wrote:You know, this game is just what I needed.

I've been feeling a bit down the whole evening, so when I saw it in the Completed Games section, I decided to immediately give it a try. (I remembered liking the concept when it was still in dev stage.) And good thing I did!

For the last couple of hours, I've been sitting in front of the screen, smiling like a lunatic. The story was in equal parts funny and touching, up to the very end when I was actually afraid my heart would melt. The archetype Damine represents is my favourite, so pursuing him was like a walk in the park on a sunny day, with birds chirping and a gentle breeze blowing and... Actually I'm just going to stop here before the metaphor completely falls apart. Point is: It was lovely.

I'll be honest here: the way the relationship between these two unfolded didn't surprise me in any way, but then again, I don't think that was your objective. The story was sweet, magical, and gripping. I could really relate to the heroine and how she did get her happy ending really warmed my heart. Stories about following your dream and never giving up always lift your spirits, which is exactly what I was looking for!

The art was also really beautiful, I loved all of the character designs! The music was pleasant, without distracting from the story, and the GUI was also easy on the eyes. Your writing has a nice flow and pacing, but I think it could use some polishing: especially when punctuation is concerned. Yet, it didn't detract from the story, so it's just a nitpick.

To sum up: I loved the game. I'll wrap up here, because I'm seriously considering another play-through before I go to bed. (I'd be mad at you for disrupting my sleep schedule, but I don't have one, so... ) Anyway, thank you for creating this VN and I'm looking forward to your next project!
Thank you so much for playing it! I'm happy to know that my story was able to help you feel better~ I really wanted to make something fluffy and simple so I'm so happy whenever I read that others feel better after playing the game. I'll keep trying my best to improve on my punctuations as well but I'm so grateful that my story had such a positive effect <3
I tend to stay up really long hours because I ended up re-playing the game too ^^; I try to look for errors but then I get caught up in the story then it gets late and I end up kind of hating myself too for getting pulled in and losing so much sleep <D You're very welcome and I'll make sure to keep working on improving myself for the next projects as well!

Samantha

#144 Post by Samantha »

I have been silently enjoying Vns and otome games for a long time now. But THIS STORY WAS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL, IT PRACTICALLY FORCED ME TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT. I have read so many vns (both good and not so good ones) but a story has never touched my heart like this one.
THE ART!!! OMG it was fantastic. Music also helped to set the perfect mood for each scene.
I loved both the pathways. Both guys were very likable. Acacia is such a sweet heart. All angry and tough on the outside but girly and innocent on the inside. And her reactions were to die for.
The part I enjoyed the most was where Edavine & Aeron kept fighting over Acacia (and she is totally clueless :D) It was really funny.
Well I can go on and on about every detail but trust me this was my fav vn till date. (Going through the polished version right now and I am loving the cgs.)
Excited for your other projects now. You got yourself a stalker ;) Good luck and keep making awsome Vns like this one in future.

Veniae
Veteran

#145 Post by Veniae »

Morishita wrote:Thank you so much for playing it! I'm happy to know that my story was able to help you feel better~ I really wanted to make something fluffy and simple so I'm so happy whenever I read that others feel better after playing the game. I'll keep trying my best to improve on my punctuations as well but I'm so grateful that my story had such a positive effect <3
I tend to stay up really long hours because I ended up re-playing the game too ^^; I try to look for errors but then I get caught up in the story then it gets late and I end up kind of hating myself too for getting pulled in and losing so much sleep <D You're very welcome and I'll make sure to keep working on improving myself for the next projects as well!
I also finished Edavine's route today. God, it was just so adorable! I wish I would come up with something coherent and constructive to say, but I'm far too mushy on the inside. I can't wipe the grin off my face, which in and of itself should be feedback enough. <3

LliiraAnna
Regular

#146 Post by LliiraAnna »

The new CGs are so cute *.* The results of the voting poll were not surprising, though (I was "original" and voted for Acacia lol). There are still a couple of mistakes out there, like "any were" in Edavine's dialogue, but it doesn't really matter because of the well-written characters and interesting story.

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#147 Post by KashyaCharsi »

Do you read TvTropes? I was thinking of characters like the tropes "Devoted to you", "The Woobie", "Fragile Flower", "Shrinking Violet", "Irrational hatred", "Smug Snake", "The narcissist" and "Spoiled brat". Those are my favorites.

greenheartnellie
Regular

#148 Post by greenheartnellie »

This is really amazing <3

I finished Damine's path/ending earlier and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Damine is so dang hawt too. Everytime he makes 'moves' on Acacia, I just want to squeal, lols. And I can relate to Acacia a lot. I feel like I am her in the hopeless romantic side...just not in the attitude side xD

I still noticed a few misspellings though, like I noticed 'window seal' twice in Damine's path, and there are a few others. But I love this so much, it's funny and romantic and asdfghjkl. <3 :D
Can sorta write but CAN'T art so I am just here for the otomes! Ahihihi <3

Morishita
Veteran

#149 Post by Morishita »

Samantha wrote:I have been silently enjoying Vns and otome games for a long time now. But THIS STORY WAS SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL, IT PRACTICALLY FORCED ME TO MAKE AN ACCOUNT. I have read so many vns (both good and not so good ones) but a story has never touched my heart like this one.
THE ART!!! OMG it was fantastic. Music also helped to set the perfect mood for each scene.
I loved both the pathways. Both guys were very likable. Acacia is such a sweet heart. All angry and tough on the outside but girly and innocent on the inside. And her reactions were to die for.
The part I enjoyed the most was where Edavine & Aeron kept fighting over Acacia (and she is totally clueless :D) It was really funny.
Well I can go on and on about every detail but trust me this was my fav vn till date. (Going through the polished version right now and I am loving the cgs.)
Excited for your other projects now. You got yourself a stalker ;) Good luck and keep making awsome Vns like this one in future.
Thank you so much Samantha! I'm so glad you enjoyed the game and I'm honored that it's one of your favorite vn so far <3 I'll keep working hard at the new games, thank you very much for the encouraging words!
Veniae wrote:
Morishita wrote:Thank you so much for playing it! I'm happy to know that my story was able to help you feel better~ I really wanted to make something fluffy and simple so I'm so happy whenever I read that others feel better after playing the game. I'll keep trying my best to improve on my punctuations as well but I'm so grateful that my story had such a positive effect <3
I also finished Edavine's route today. God, it was just so adorable! I wish I would come up with something coherent and constructive to say, but I'm far too mushy on the inside. I can't wipe the grin off my face, which in and of itself should be feedback enough. <3
Hahaha! XD Don't worry I have that brain hiccup as well when I can't find the right word that I want to say when I'm trying to talk about something really exciting and that's okay <D Thank you so much for whatever feedback that your able to give, it helps bring the happies :)

LliiraAnna wrote:The new CGs are so cute *.* The results of the voting poll were not surprising, though (I was "original" and voted for Acacia lol). There are still a couple of mistakes out there, like "any were" in Edavine's dialogue, but it doesn't really matter because of the well-written characters and interesting story.
Thank you for voting! I was actually surprised that Acacia got so many votes since usually the guys get more votes over the mc, or so that was what I thought ^^; I'll have to go back through the script and codes to make sure those silly mistakes are taken out, thank you so much for bringing that to my attention <3
KashyaCharsi wrote:Do you read TvTropes? I was thinking of characters like the tropes "Devoted to you", "The Woobie", "Fragile Flower", "Shrinking Violet", "Irrational hatred", "Smug Snake", "The narcissist" and "Spoiled brat". Those are my favorites.
I've peeked over at it but I'm not to familiar with TvTropes. Whenever I see certain lingo's in the otome community about different character types I usually have to google what they are because I get so confused or might not have a clue what it might be referring too ^^;
greenheartnellie wrote:This is really amazing <3

I finished Damine's path/ending earlier and I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Damine is so dang hawt too. Everytime he makes 'moves' on Acacia, I just want to squeal, lols. And I can relate to Acacia a lot. I feel like I am her in the hopeless romantic side...just not in the attitude side xD

I still noticed a few misspellings though, like I noticed 'window seal' twice in Damine's path, and there are a few others. But I love this so much, it's funny and romantic and asdfghjkl. <3 :D
Hahaha! I'm so happy that you enjoyed his path <3 Because of all the romance in his path it was both embarrassing but kind of fun to write, I was so embarrassed while typing it up but hopefully my embarrassment won't get in the way with my next stories since I plan on making more fluffy games too <D
Acacia is definitely a violent troll. I'm happy to get so many response about her personality, it helps me test the waters to see what sits well with people and want doesn't sit to well. Also thank you so much for the head's up about the window seal error, I remember sitting there trying to remember which seal it was then I got totally confused and I think my spell check kind of got fed up with me or just logged out on me ^^; but I can go back through the script to fix out those little errors <3 Thank you so much for playing it! I'm very thankful for all the feedbacks and comments~

KashyaCharsi
Regular

#150 Post by KashyaCharsi »

It's good that she refuses to play the role of the helpless victim, however mean others are to her. TvTropes is a good site, though, but it's easy to get addicted.