Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Grey
Veteran

#46 Post by Grey »

PyTom wrote:Hm... If my understanding of British English is correct, the American English spelling of 'queue' is 'line'. At least, it's pretty rare to hear the term queue in the US outside of a computer related context (where it is universally spelled queue).
Yeah, we're just more specific :P Queue signifies that something happens at the beginning of the line, like people being served at a counter or whatever, or indeed as in the computing data structure.

I have a line of coke cans on my desk for example, but they're not a queue of coke cans waiting to be pushed off into the bin or whatever.
eclipse wrote:Cue would be something else completely: basically, the billiards pole, some kind of signal, or hint.
Yes, I know, as is my interpretation of check, a check on something.
That's why I said it.

Iaman
Regular

#47 Post by Iaman »

i live in illinois and we(everyone i know at least) always calls a line for a roller coaster a queue... so it's not exactly an unused word, just a very little used word...

or a lunch line could be called a queue also, couldn't it?

and btw, why won't the main site load up? It keeps redirecting me to some page saying the page http://www.lemmasoft.net doesn't exist...

help me...
I have no pants!

Lillico
Otaku Manga Maiden

#48 Post by Lillico »

Iaman wrote:i live in illinois and we(everyone i know at least) always calls a line for a roller coaster a queue... so it's not exactly an unused word, just a very little used word...

or a lunch line could be called a queue also, couldn't it?

and btw, why won't the main site load up? It keeps redirecting me to some page saying the page http://www.lemmasoft.net doesn't exist...

help me...
I used to live in Illinoise too! I was born in Peoria and I lived in Chicago for a year in 2001 ~ I miss it ;_;
ok that was completely unrelated~
*goes back to drawing*

Iaman
Regular

#49 Post by Iaman »

really?!!!

I live about an hour away from chicago, in the tri-cities area!!!( Kane County )

Btw, i like your art!
I have no pants!

Lillico
Otaku Manga Maiden

#50 Post by Lillico »

Iaman wrote:really?!!!

I live about an hour away from chicago, in the tri-cities area!!!( Kane County )

Btw, i like your art!
I really enjoied living there- I lived in the city- on the north side- On Lincoln and Montrose <3 close to wrigley- I miss it- I was tagging along with my friend who were going to the school of the art insitute of chicago- after they were done with school we all ended up back down here ;_; *sigh*
anyway- thanks for the compliment-
i've already finished the first new sketch for lemma sama :D

qq
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate- BG artist

#51 Post by qq »

Well I'm new here and what better way to introduce myself than with a cg.
Any c&c will be receive with upmost glee and happiness.

Piroshiki
Regular

#52 Post by Piroshiki »

*wanders out of the Ren'Py section*
Some nice things in here - I like your style, Sai.

Hmm, random art plugage... Ah, heck, why not. I don't usually do it, but... Teh dump~

...pay no attention to the crappyness of most of it (the sketch section comes to mind...)
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#53 Post by Sai »

Thanks Piroshiki, I really appreciate it ^_^
I wonder what my "style" is o.o

Wow your art is really nice. Very impressive.
I read the comic, very well illustrated.

Unicorn
Regular

#54 Post by Unicorn »

Agreed.

Also, the storytelling in "Spring Walk" really is a work of art:
While it deals with the death of a dear one, it still doesn't dwell on sentimentality... two thumbs up!

Jerails
Veteran

#55 Post by Jerails »

Well...Uhhh...Here goes. I thank my teacher for his scanner...

Heh heh...As you can see, I'm not exactly the best around, but I'd say I'm pretty okay. Just need to work on adding depth, and also on cloth wrinkles...I definitely need work on cloth wrinkles (Especially around the pants, see all those funky lines? Those are supposed to occur because the pants are scrunched together via scrunchy thinger.) Oh yeah, his hair is pretty freaky looking, but I like that appearance, it's sort of original to me. A mowhawk that drops into bangs...
It's been a while, folks!

Piroshiki
Regular

#56 Post by Piroshiki »

Sai: Eh, no idea, but it has that expressive sketchy cuteness to it. Looks really good. My stuff, on the other hand, is just crappy bishoujo games illustrations rip-off that tries to be Mitsumi Misato art. Eh, but don't mind me, thanks for your comments <^^;;

Unicorn: Thanks, but... a work of wha? I mean, I really just wrote whatever allowed me to cram in as much different facial expressions and poses to practice drawing them, and took the opportunity to include as many random game/manga references as I could... The whole thing was more of a test than anything else ^^;;

Jerails: Wow, that's Sonic fanart? I loved those games...
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

chronoluminaire
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Elven Relations, Cloud Fairy, When I Rule The World
Tumblr: alextfish

#57 Post by chronoluminaire »

Piroshiki: Your art is awesome! :-o Fanart, sure, but REALLY REALLY GOOD fanart! As for Spring Walk... I thought that was really good and rather moving too. Some gorgeous poses there (as well as some that could use a bit more practice). I like the kanji on the park's sign: Toki Me Ki, right? ;) (with the katakana Memoriaru underneath)

Piroshiki
Regular

#58 Post by Piroshiki »

*gives some meaningful prize to Chronoluminaire*

Yes, the sign reads Toki Meki Memoriaru Kouen, meaning Toki Meki Memorial Park (Toki-san must have been some important person that deserved a memorial park... I don't even know myself). Toki Meki could be a real name, except that it should have been written Meki Toki in correct japanese order. But the pun wouldn't have worked that way, so I had to write it in western order instead. Heh, I just love that game (big Shiori fanboy here ^^;; )...

...anyone can find all of the gags/references? Seeing as this is pretty much a ren'ai games/manga/anime board...
I'm not a meat bun ~nya

BlackSpider
Regular

#59 Post by BlackSpider »

I realize I only commented on the drawings here and never submitted any art myself. So, here goes a quick sketch I did some time ago. It's called "catgirl's face". It's far from being good (some minor things like the eyes for instance need corrections), but overall I like it.

Otaku Dash
Veteran

#60 Post by Otaku Dash »

Hiya all! I'm finally back to the foruns. :D *HUZZAA!!!*

Haven't really been here much because 12º grade (the year before university in my country) has started wich means i'll have to do Exams for the grade of this year. :? :cry: Plus the computer that had net on the house went dead....that was reason of all the probs i had had with it previouslly... and finally after 2 months withought net we got a nwe computer with net and were able to fix the previous one, so we are trying to put a wireless net conection so that i can show up more often. :D :wink:

Lillico is back, and there are so many new drawings...really good job to all that posted.
------------------
I hope i dind't miss much around here.... :x
"Life is like a flower....take care of it and watch it bloom......only there will you see its true beauty" - Myself

"Emptiness....that is...true fear...."

-FEAR THE NARU PUNCH!!- :)