Get that thing off your chest... Now...

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
dorne
Regular

Re: Get that thing off your chest... Now...

#3406 Post by dorne »

kura-ou wrote:
dorne wrote:Got into a car accident for the first time. It was surreal. Nobody was hurt but it was my fault. Damages I'm not sure but when I went back home I felt scared my car couldn't make it. Plus the burning smell.

I currently do not have a job since June, and my family is gaining some debt, albeit was ok. Before I was unemployed, but now, with the mess I caused, its going to cause some more debt. I don't know why I wasn't thinking this morning.

Incidentally I had gotten a job interview on the same day. I'm feeling queezy at the moment.
;__; I really hope that things can get better for you somehow, dorne. Good luck with the job interview!
Thank you. I think I'm done beating myself up. Gonna find a way to get through this =).
A Tale of a Meeting. A short sci-fi VN featuring space opera in one part of the universe.

Dorne's Lets Read Visual Novels
https://www.youtube.com/user/dornevn/videos

RunicV
Veteran
IRC Nick: RunicV

#3407 Post by RunicV »

[ Removed due to the rule against politics. - PyTom ]
Hatred: the absence of love.
Please, treat me with kindness.

DerWanderer
Regular
Organization: Nowme Studio

#3408 Post by DerWanderer »

I want to blend in with the people in this forum, but since my English isn't very good, I find reading the posts here quite "heavy" for my brain. It's like I have to think twice in a different language. Sucks...

Armee
Veteran

#3409 Post by Armee »

DerWanderer wrote:I want to blend in with the people in this forum, but since my English isn't very good, I find reading the posts here quite "heavy" for my brain. It's like I have to think twice in a different language. Sucks...
Heavy? 【・ヘ・?】I hope you can get used more with the forum people, there are a lot of other Indonesian here so I think they can help you. ヽ(;▽;)ノ Hope you stick around, I love your art.

Lishy
Miko-Class Veteran

#3410 Post by Lishy »

[ There are plenty of places to discuss politics, the LSF is not one of them, unless it somehow affects us directly. - PyTom ]
-

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#3411 Post by azureXtwilight »

DerWanderer wrote:I want to blend in with the people in this forum, but since my English isn't very good, I find reading the posts here quite "heavy" for my brain. It's like I have to think twice in a different language. Sucks...
Aww, don't make those stuff discourage you! I'm an Indonesian myself and I tend not to indulge myself in heavy conversations because my brain tend to disconnect at times. I go to the forums just for the fun of it~ XD

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#3412 Post by Tempus »

Most of the people here who speak English as a second language do so pretty well, I think. Definitely better than I speak Indonesian...
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

dramspringfeald
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: The Echo, CBlue, Safety_Dance

#3413 Post by dramspringfeald »

For those of you who don't know or are new to watching me, Mom has Stage 4 terminal Cancer that has moved to her; Colon, innards, stomach, liver, lower lung and other places. She's still eating well, still full of energy but yeah.

So, Mom's doctors have stopped treatment for her cancer. All we have now is time.

They were concerned that continued treatment would cause more blood clots thus making the treatment null. Doesn't help the one cancer treatment she's been on for 3 years was not working on the 3 or 4 other cancers they thought she didn't have.

They aren't giving her a "time" yet. So she's going to start working on her bucket list for later.
Don't be a Poser! Learn to Draw
Learn to Draw with Stan Lee
Learn to Draw with Mark Crilley
If you want you can brows my art. My art can be found at...FA // IB // DA Neglected for a few years so I'm just now updating it

Learn to break a bone to break a bone,
Learn to build a house to build a house,
Learn to make a Game to make a Game.

Caveat Lector
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Colette and Becca
Projects: Rainbow Love (HIATUS), The Haunting of Blackbird School, Cry of the Roses [TBA]
Organization: Velveteen Rabbit Productions
Deviantart: Velveteen-Rabbit-CL
itch: caveat_lector

#3414 Post by Caveat Lector »

I'm really sorry to hear that, dramspringfeald. :( I hope you and your family can pull each other through this rough time.
Reader Beware!

The Haunting of Blackbird School: In Progress

Colette and Becca: Complete

AquaEG
Regular
Projects: Fateful Encounters
Organization: At the moment, niches are not my forte.

#3415 Post by AquaEG »

I know I'm a huge procrastinator. I know I'm annoying. I know that no-one really likes me or anything.
And I'm fine with it. I'm a major introvert. Those kind of things never used to bother me. I used to be the nerd at the back of the class who never used to talk to anyone. Head in a book and all that.

But the transition's kind of hard. Cause I've been trying really hard to be more social. But I'm just another face in class. In fact, I'm invisible. (A fight actually happened right next to my desk in class, and no one noticed me doing Chem HW there. -_-) Like in RL, the Internet is not my friend either. I've been on particular website for a year now, but only made a handful of friends. Even here, I'm pretty sure I'm just a name and a cute Hatsune Miku chibi avatar for you guys. Even when I talk to people, they shy away cause I'm weird. Like now, you guys are probably thinking ">.>...Who is this person, talking about her whole life story? So annoying!" Right?

The only thing I can do now is improve in whatever I do to get your attention. So watch out! :D

The smilies...oh so fake. :lol:

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#3416 Post by Greeny »

">.>...Who is this person, talking about her whole life story? So annoying!" Right?
I think you'll find this particular community a lot more welcoming than most!

You're still fairly new here... comparatively. We all start out as unknowns at some point.
For the longest time, I didn't even have an avatar, so I was little more than a name alone!
And... we've got plenty of weird people here already! :lol:

So just participate, help out, and do your best in making VNs, and you'll make plenty of friends here! :D
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

AquaEG
Regular

#3417 Post by AquaEG »

Greeny wrote:
">.>...Who is this person, talking about her whole life story? So annoying!" Right?
I think you'll find this particular community a lot more welcoming than most!

You're still fairly new here... comparatively. We all start out as unknowns at some point.
For the longest time, I didn't even have an avatar, so I was little more than a name alone!
And... we've got plenty of weird people here already! :lol:

So just participate, help out, and do your best in making VNs, and you'll make plenty of friends here! :D
TuT Thank you! Yes, I will try my best. xD (So nice, you! ^o^) It's not that I resent people here, in fact, you guys are really nice, but it's just my ability to socialize properly in general. I get the feeling every single word that comes out of my mouth is wrong or insulting. That's my main problem in life. >u> I'm glad I at least met someone today. Hi, Greeny. :D Nice to meet you.

Darkmoonfire
Regular
Completed: Christmas Project
Organization: Lunarescent Wings
Tumblr: darkmoonfire

#3418 Post by Darkmoonfire »

AquaEG wrote:It's not that I resent people here, in fact, you guys are really nice, but it's just my ability to socialize properly in general. I get the feeling every single word that comes out of my mouth is wrong or insulting.
Man, I get that feeling all the time. I've gotten a bit better recently, but the only way I've found to get over it is to talk more. Yeah. Easier said than done and all that.
Well good luck, and I hope you have a great time on this forum.

AquaEG
Regular

#3419 Post by AquaEG »

Darkmoonfire wrote:Man, I get that feeling all the time. I've gotten a bit better recently, but the only way I've found to get over it is to talk more. Yeah. Easier said than done and all that.
Well good luck, and I hope you have a great time on this forum.
Talking always helps, but not when you're too shy and self-conscious to talk to a stranger. :roll: Well, I've been working on that too. xD And thanks, I already am having oodles of fun! :lol:

Armee
Veteran

#3420 Post by Armee »

I just gained two pounds yesterday. I get so desperate about my weight lately. I need to shape up soon or I will going to be overweight before I knew it. I must follow a couple dieting program. The last time I diet, it's not really healthy so I tried to do some more excercise and eating more properly this time.

@Aqua:

Don't worry girly, I'm talking with you recently and I know that you're nice. Just a little thinking too much ^^ Sometimes it's good to be airheaded. (sometimes...not like me, all the time orz)