What do you hate about yourself?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

What do you hate about yourself?

#1 Post by Talann »

Where to begin...
There is one thing that I absolutely hate about myself because it makes me depressed, and do you know what it is?
Well, after I finish watching a drama or movie (especially K-dramas and anime) I feel empty for a month and just keep getting sad for no reason. Lol wut?
Honestly, it's like I've lost something - especially if the movie/drama has a bad ending.
For eg; I watched Boys Over Flowers about 5 months ago and I STILL get thoughts of it and just lay down in my bed and sob. (wait, sob?)WAT?!
Also, I am impatient.
...Anddd, after I buy something, I want to buy something else. (I NEVER GET ENOUGH) And, oh, my parents get pissed about that XD They think I'm spoilt ;n;
There's loads more, but these are the only ones I could think of LOL.
&oh, I'm still not over some k-dramas and animes that I've watched...

So, what about you?

Boomsickle
Regular
Completed: Victorian Olives

Re: What do you hate about yourself?

#2 Post by Boomsickle »

I have a mild dislike for the amount of time i work on writing. Which is not as much as i should.

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

#3 Post by inhalance »

I feel you, Talann.. I love watching dramas and K-dramas too, so we're on the same boat ^^; In fact, I still get feels over Flower Boys Next Door (because Park Shin Hye and Yoon Shi Yoon are just perfect together ok).

I guess the one thing I hate about myself is how lazy I am since I'm a huge procrastinator. I sometimes struggle to find inspiration or motivation. Also, I'm just plain lazy in general.. if you ask me to go get something from the refrigerator I'll just say "uggh it's too far awayy" ; u ; well, at least I exercise, haha.
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#4 Post by lemonscent »

I procrastinate way too much. x___x;; I should really be either studying or working on my VN, but guess who's foruming/G-chatting/FBing? I'm seriously on like... 3 forums simultaneously atm. [CC, LSF, MF] You know, if I cut down on forum time, I'd actually be able to finish Gantz & Blame! (I was waiting for Gantz to be completed for, like, forever, yet now that it's completed, I'm still only on chapter ~150 or so and I haven't made any progress for months) instead of simply whining about the lack of time do well on the SATs. Which I'm taking come soph year for god-knows-what-reason.
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#5 Post by Talann »

@Boomsickle - I wish I was like you, seriously I have been working on a project for more than 3 months and I still haven't finished it because I'm too lazy.

@inhalance - omg. Flower Boy Next Door, tho. I absolutely adore this drama, I mean the ending tho! Gosh, it's giving me tickly feelings just thinking about it XD srsly, there are so many dramas that I still cry about, if any of my friends found out about that they would just think I have problems or what <_<// I mean I wish something like in the dramas would happen to me too, y'get me? :D But anywayys, I can definitely relate to you for being lazy. I mean why is life so hard? Darn, so much in common *o*

@lemonscent - Trust me, you're not the only one. It's like me, saying I will do my homework tomorrow and the next day, I say the same. And, I feel your pain about SATS & your project too, I have been on mine for over 3 months and still not finished... /.\

lemonscent
Regular
Projects: Remembrance:)

#6 Post by lemonscent »

Three months isn't even that long xD I'm planning on my project to take me until at least December to finish, and that's not even accounting for final edits/beta tests.
★Remembrance - a WIP
소중했던 내 사람아 이젠 안녕❣ (안녕 안녕 이젠 안녕)

Armee
Veteran

#7 Post by Armee »

I hate myself for sitting at one place for too long and never actually finish anything

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#8 Post by Applegate »

I'm glad to say that there isn't a particular thing I "hate about myself". There's things I want to improve on, sure; Parts of me that I'd like to go over and, ten years from now, say was my past self. But when I stand in front of a mirror and go over everything that makes up me, I'm happy to say I can proudly puff my chest forward; Considering everything that's happened, I came out pretty OK.

It's natural to dislike parts about yourself. It's a part of growing as a person to accept those faults in yourself, and either strive to improve on them, or embrace the fact that they're what makes you 'you'.
It sounds like I quoted some sort of idyllic novel. Man, look at how pretentious deep that asshole is.

Kensela
Regular

#9 Post by Kensela »

I hate that I procrastinate on so many things. I keep telling my self that I will do it today and by the end of the day I'm telling my self that I will do it tomorrow >_<

mikiwing

#10 Post by mikiwing »

I hate about me that i want to make everything by myself and take to much work >.<
I need to learn to accept help from others

TrickWithAKnife
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: Rika
Organization: Solo (for now)
IRC Nick: Trick

#11 Post by TrickWithAKnife »

Nothing. If I disliked something about myself, I'd change it. Seems to be the logical solution.
"We must teach them through the tools with which they are comfortable."
The #renpy IRC channel is a great place to chat with other devs. Due to the nature of IRC and timezone differences, people probably won't reply right away.

If you'd like to view or use any code from my VN PM me. All code is freely available without restriction, but also without warranty or (much) support.

Vialixia
Regular

#12 Post by Vialixia »

I always take on way too much, so that I end up ridiculously busy in a non-productive way. I'm trying to limit myself to one thing and stop accepting everything. I just feel like life is too short to decline opportunities; so I never do, but as a result I never experience them fully. Although I am grateful for having so many opportunities to do a lot of interesting things.

I'm 22 so I'm still developing as a person. As a women I often feel socially pressured to look a certain way, but I'm trying to overcome that as well.

Aines445
Regular

#13 Post by Aines445 »

Honestly, I hate that I'm so indecisive. I just can't decide things! And I'm pretty lazy and it bothers me to no end. I also hate when I just can't express myself properly! People think that I'm bored or depressed, but I'm not feeling anything like that.
Talann wrote: There is one thing that I absolutely hate about myself because it makes me depressed, and do you know what it is?
Well, after I finish watching a drama or movie (especially K-dramas and anime) I feel empty for a month and just keep getting sad for no reason. Lol wut?
Honestly, it's like I've lost something - especially if the movie/drama has a bad ending.
For eg; I watched Boys Over Flowers about 5 months ago and I STILL get thoughts of it and just lay down in my bed and sob. (wait, sob?)WAT?!
And I'm kind of the opposite since whenever something that I really like (anime/movie/book/whatever) I never get really sad about it. I actually feel happy and think about it to no end! But if it's a bad ending I will get angry or just 'meh'. Maybe that's because I lean towards comedy and less towards drama... When it's a happy ending though, I just feel happy 'for the characters', you know? I guess it's because I never watch/read that kind of stuff for escapism, but as me watching the events unfold, I guess as the bypasser or something.

Wait, I'm getting off topic, aren't I?! X.X

arachni42
Veteran
Organization: no, I'm pretty messy

#14 Post by arachni42 »

Lack of confidence in new/unfamiliar situations (and sometimes in old, familiar ones).
TrickWithAKnife wrote:Nothing. If I disliked something about myself, I'd change it. Seems to be the logical solution.
Man, I wish it were that easy. Admittedly, there are a lot of parts of myself I didn't like that I have successfully changed over the years. I've gotten better at confidence with practice, but it's inherently hard to practice for new situations. ;) Bah.
I, Miku (NaNoRenO 2014)
Vignettes (NaNoRenO 2013)

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#15 Post by KomiTsuku »

Hate about myself? What is there to hate? I'm...

Sorry, had to do it. I guess my ego and pride might be a weakness of mine I'm not too fond of, but BAH, I SAY! I'M ABSOLUTELY FLAWLESS!