True Memories (GXB)(BXB)-Slice of Life-

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Apc
Projects: True Memories

True Memories (GXB)(BXB)-Slice of Life-

#1 Post by Apc »

ON HIATUS:
MY laptop was stolen and it'll take some time to buy another one. I'm so sorry. But that doesn't stop me from making this game, I'll write it in my notebook and type it in when I have a new one. So please, stay tuned!

UPDATE!! As of June 23, 2013
-Prologue Complete
-Jun's Route- Coimplete
-Starting work on Shiori's route
-Redoing Haru's story
-Finalized Naru Otonashis story
-Naru's sprite - 50% complete

UPDATE!!! As of June 21, 2013

-Finished the prologue
-Jun's route - 50%
-Shiori- 0%
-Haru- 0%
-Finalizing Naru Otonashi's story.

Hey, uhm, Newbie Apc here!

So, True Memories (Formerly My Heart), is a slice of life game about a 17 year old guy named Ran Asano. He strives to make a forgotten festival alive again, The Snow Fairy Festival. One night, in the eve of the Festival, a girl named Shiori Aoki appears.
But that's not what the story is really about.
Something is wrong about Ran. He can't remember his mother, his memories seems to be very foggy.

So, this game has three-four routes; Shiori's Route, Haru Sugita's route, Jun Misaki's Route, and another route I haven't decided yet. Each route will center around their family.

I also want to add an after story route once you had the best ending for all of the characters. It will pick up where Shiori's route left off, and it will center around Ran himself. Why he can't remember his mother, or his unknown disease, and other things he has forgotten.

Character Sketch:

Shiori- A shy girl who is secretly taking on part-time jobs. She dreams of going to college and getting a better job.
shiori copy.png
New Character Design (On paper)
2013-07-17 17.26.56.jpg
Haru- Ran's best friend who is sick of his parent's protectiveness. He may look innocent, but he actually likes Ecchi anime and Eroge games.
harur.png
Jun- The Ganglord's son who actually likes reading and is a fan of Bl games anf yaoi manga.
jun clothes copy.png
Naru: A shy guy you'll meet once you've finished Jun Misaki's route. He's afraid of people, and he doesn't want anyone to touch him.
Naru_default.png
So, this game has a GXB and BXB route. But if you don't like BxB, I plan on adding a friendship route as well.
Shiori- GxB
Haru- Friendship
Jun- BxB, friendship

Another note:
Because my skills in drawing has limited me to face and straight-as-stick bodies, I don't have any Cg's to show. Poor me :(

Here are some screenshots, featuring the three characters.
screenshot.jpg
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot3.jpg

So, here's a question. Are my character sprites decent? II know they're not the best, but I'm striving to do better.
Last edited by Apc on Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

Re: True Memories (GXB)(BXB)-Slice of Life-

#2 Post by Donmai »

Apc wrote:So, here's a question. Are my character sprites decent? II know they're not the best, but I'm striving to do better.
Of course they are! I will play your demo.

Edit: Uh-oh! My Avast Security won't let me do it! It claims the build has a Win32 Sality virus and keep blocking it. I know it may be a false positive due to downloading problems, but there is nothing I can do. Sorry.
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Apc

#3 Post by Apc »

Really sorry about that. I've pulled the demo out so that no one would download it. I'll have my laptop cleaned and write on our desktop instead.
Project:
True Memories - On Hiatus

Apc

#4 Post by Apc »

JUN'S ROUTE

-It's just a simple love story with some complications.

-It has four endings in all, The True ending (Which has something to do with the mysteries going on), the good ending, the bad ending and the Worst ending.

-Once you finished Jun Misaki's route, the next time you'll play, instead of Jun, you'll meet Naru Otonashi.

-Jun's younger sister has a cameo on his route, but she is formally introduced in the afterstory.

Here's some screenshots!
Untitled.jpg
Untitled4.jpg
screenshot.jpg
screenshot2.jpg
screenshot1.jpg

Note- I know no one seems interested in my game, but I'm still pursuing to finish it, because I love the story, and I love to write. So instead of editing the first message, I added a new one just to prevent this from being buried deep into the older threads.

Fighting!!
Project:

Giovedi
Regular

#5 Post by Giovedi »

Hey, there! I drew you some giftart to keep you motivated.

Keep it up, okay? Everyone starts somewhere!

Apc

#6 Post by Apc »

Thank you very much! I was already losing hope in finishing this, but you kept me motivated! Thanks! I couldn't help but smile.
Project:

Kato
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds
Organization: Blue Sphere Group

#7 Post by Kato »

Apc wrote:Note- I know no one seems interested in my game, but I'm still pursuing to finish it, because I love the story, and I love to write. So instead of editing the first message, I added a new one just to prevent this from being buried deep into the older threads.

Fighting!!
A great attitude to a false assumption! :lol:

You will find that many people on the forum will stop in, look around, make a mental note to keep an eye on something and keep on moving. I myself do this and have quite often popped in here to see how things are going.

You can always edit your first post with the new information and then post a new message informing everyone of such, it's the best of both worlds :lol: Just remember, lack of activity in a thread doesn't mean there's a lack of interest. Fighto! Fighto! Fighto!
Giovedi wrote:Hey, there! I drew you some giftart to keep you motivated.
Awaaah, gosh darn I love your style XD Hahaha
Image Image
Kato, Producer & Programmer for Blue Sphere Group. Current Projects: Memories of Summer Winds

Fairy Godfeather
Regular

#8 Post by Fairy Godfeather »

"But if you don't like BxB, I plan on adding a friendship route as well."

Hey what if we don't like BxG? Will you create a friendship route for the girl too? :P

Don't be disheartened by the lack of feedback. Keep going! You can do it! I believe in you.

Apc

#9 Post by Apc »

Thank you very much! I'll finish this game no matter what!!
Fighting!!!
Project:

Apc

#10 Post by Apc »

Uhm, I'll try to add a Friendship route. It'll be hard, because Shiori's route is the main route and the after story will center about the two of you
Project:

Fairy Godfeather
Regular

#11 Post by Fairy Godfeather »

I'm just being contrary. :) Write the main route first. See if once you've done it you can alter it into a friendship path too, but if you can't no need. I do like your colouring and how much your art's improved since you first linked it. I like your style. I'd suggest removing that slight line above your men's shirts though on their chest. That line makes me think of cleavage, and your guys clearly don't have that, so it confuses me.

I like Naru with that hoody and all that hair. The shading seems a bit off to me though, especially on the face.

Donmai
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Toire No Hanako, Li'l Red [NaNoRenO 2013], The One in LOVE [NaNoRenO 2014], Running Blade [NaNoRenO 2016], The Other Question, To The Girl With Sunflowers
Projects: Slumberland

#12 Post by Donmai »

(Facepalm! Facepalm!) Today I suddenly figured out I could play your demo easily! As the supposed virus was only on the Windows build, I simply dragged your demo folder to my Ren'Py folder and it worked with no problems.

Yes, playing your demo I can see that you are putting your very heart on every line you wrote. Your sprites work well, and the Uncle Mugen backgrounds are nice and you make good use of them. The story is simple, but well conducted, giving hints of things to come. You really are up to a good start!

Psst. Only one think: why Ran was afraid that someone could hear him walking when he was there to meet other people? Maybe I just misread that passage.

I was going to tell you something, but other people already did it for me: follow your heart. If you intend to make a BL game, go for it! If you want to make a friendship game, go for it to. If you want to mix genres, then... why not? It's okay to care for the audience, but don't be too concerned about people rejecting your ideas because of prejudice. Just tell the story you are willing to tell, and be happy. :)
No, sorry! You must be mistaking me for someone else.
TOIRE NO HANAKO (A Story About Fear)

Dawnfire
Regular

#13 Post by Dawnfire »

I like what they've said, to follow your heart. And my main point is that in your screenshots, I see some missing punctuation. Periods are your friends! You might want a proofreader for this?
Writer/editor with native English skills and a bachelor's. Back after a longtime hiatus. Message if interested.

Apc

#14 Post by Apc »

Hey, I posted Shiori's new character design. Still on paper but once I have a new laptop I'll work on her right away
Project:

Green Glasses Girl
Veteran
Projects: Cavaliers & Carnivals
Tumblr: green-glasses

#15 Post by Green Glasses Girl »

Hi there! Your game is looking great, but I have a question. Why is the dialogue for most of the textboxes in quotation marks? They're not really necessary. If you're trying to differentiate it from a character's inner monologue, you should remove the quotation marks. I think inner monologue is represented through either italics or parentheses.