Hogwarts: A Love Story [BxG][Magic][SchoolStory]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jhernandezgames
Regular
Organization: JHernandezgames

Hogwarts: A Love Story [BxG][Magic][SchoolStory]

#1 Post by jhernandezgames »

Finally! After much work, I've finally written the majority of the script.
This particular Visual Novel takes place in the magical world of Harry Potter, albeit it takes place 40 years after J.K Rowling's story finished.
Plot: You control Marcus Augustus, a 11 year old half-blood of decent wizardry background.
His whole family always being sorted into Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, Marcus yearned to be put into Gryffindor.
This new school year is full of fun...until something terrible happens. Students die, and Marcus gets terribly injured.
What will become of him, will the murders be solved? Will our hero find love? Find out in Hogwarts: A Love Story.

Characters:
Marcus Augustus: 11 Year Old Marcus, studious, polite, and kind, Marcus is embarrassed by his family's history and is determined to make a name for himself in Hogwarts. When his 11th birthday rolls by, his parents allow him to move in to his childhood friend, Adam Weasley's house. Excited for his first school year, he strives to make a name for himself, despite being a first-year, his grades are tip-top. All seems good, until the great accident occurs, changing his life forever.

Adam Weasley: Age 11. Adam Weasley, a true, righteous friend. Since birth, Adam and Marcus were always together. Coming from a family rich in wizardry history, he had family members in the Hogwarts even before his birth. A prankster, the young boy enjoys hanging out with fellow students.

Hannah Hansen: Age 11. Small and cute, Hannah uses this to her advantage, tricking people into doing what she wants. A decedent of the Malfoy family, she bears the trademark white hair. Despite this, she strikes friendships with those of other bloodlines, including Marcus. She secretly harbors a crush for him, as he guided her from the Hogwarts Express train, into the castle in the dark after she had overslept. She quickly becomes an honor student, using her charm to her favor.

Rebecca White: Age 11. Sporting lavish royal blue hair, Rebecca is the envy of all the girls and the target of all the boys in the first years. Intelligent and athletic, she strikes fear in the heart of her enemies in the quidditch fields. Abandoned as a child, she does not know who her real parents are and was raised by foster parents, adopting their surname. A mix of beauty and brawns, she is the first year beauty.

Victoria Watson: Age 11. Shy and quiet, Victoria mostly spends her time in the library, studying potions and spells. It is said the she has mastered the most spells in her first year then any of the other students, making her handy in a duel. Although shy, she does not hesitate in joining Marcus and Adam in their adventures.

Well, this is what I have so far:
Script: 99% Completed, just needs some finishing touches.
Programming: 70% Still fixing some bugs in Ren'Py script, it's just so many words XD
Music/Sounds: 30% Have the music down, just need to locate most of the sound files
Art: 5% Ugggh, the hardest part...Mainly due to the fact that I'm by myself here. Have some initial sketches...Time to whip out the tablet and start drawing.
Last edited by jhernandezgames on Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

Re: Hogwarts: A Love Story [BxG][Magic][SchoolStory]

#2 Post by inhalance »

I'm really excited for this because when I was younger, I was IN LOVE with the Harry Potter series. When I saw your topic I immediately clicked on it and I must say your ideas are very interesting. ^^

Looking forward to art updates as well :) Good luck!
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

elixir

#3 Post by elixir »

I love this idea. I typically don't like OCs in any kind of fan-story, but this seems really interesting. I'll be keeping an eye on this one!

KDAX
Projects: The Only One

#4 Post by KDAX »

I usually try to stay away from BxG, but the story seems interesting and the characters seem so too.

I'll definitely keep my eye on this thread!

deviltales
Regular

#5 Post by deviltales »

my love for Harry Potter is infinite... so I'll bit this. HARD.
I think the cast is too young... but that's just my personal opinion.
anyways, I'm interested in this:). keep up the good work!
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#6 Post by Katta »

Why is Marcus embarassed of his family? Only because they were sorted to Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw? Or is there some more significant reason?
Are all characters from Gryffindor?
And I agree, that I'd prefer them older for love story, but you probably want to show the sorting - don't you want to cover several years? (like first show the sorting and how they all get aquainted and become friends/rivals and then skip some time)
I'm also interested in how these characters are related to the original HP series (like who are Adam's and Hannah's parents?)

jhernandezgames
Regular

#7 Post by jhernandezgames »

*UPDATES* :D
I BEGAN TO DRAW
Victoria Watson. Gryffindor. Half-Blood. Wields a thin juniper wand. It is eleven and one-quarter inches long. This wand's core is hippogriff feather.
(I apologize in advance if it sucks, it's my first actual attempt to use Gimp to draw and color, and shade XD)
(Image is too big so here's a link)
http://julio-chan.deviantart.com/art/Vi ... 1375184887
As for all of your questions, I'll be happy to answer :D
Brace yourselves, long post ahead.

@Everyone, thanks for the kind words! I'm trying hard to finish it.
@Katta; Marcus lived a quiet life, and spent his childhood reading about great wizards, such as Harry Potter, and Albus Dumbledore. A recurring theme he noticed was that most of the greatest were from a certain house...Gryffindor. He strives to join that house so he can also be great...Well, he's just kinda disappointed no one in his family was a great wizard..His Dad, a Hufflepuff died in a train accident. His mother, a muggle can't really support her family, so she moves back in with her mother and sends Marcus to Adam's house.
Yes, they only stay 11 years old for approximately 2/8ths of the story, then incident, the fast forward to 5th year. (Don't want to ruin plot)
Just look at the color of their names, Red is for Gryffindor, Green is for Slytherin, Blue for Ravenclaw.

Relations to characters from the books.

Adam Weasly, son of Hugo Weasley, son of the famous Ron Weasly. Adam is Ron's grandson (Ron now being +60 years old)
Hannah Hansen, daughter of Scorpius Malfoy, who is the son of Draco Malfoy. Scorpius changed his last name due to the horror of the Malfoy's reputation as Death Eaters.

Katta
Veteran
Tumblr: gamesbykatta
Deviantart: katjama

#8 Post by Katta »

If he wants to be great no matter what, he should end up in Slytherin)

jhernandezgames
Regular

#9 Post by jhernandezgames »

I thought about that, and the debate is included in the game, he argues with the sorting hat and gets put into Gryffindor.

hikaa212
Regular
Projects: Distant Dream

#10 Post by hikaa212 »

Waaaaaah I love Harry Potter! :D :D Will be looking forward for this~ Good luck :)
"I hope that all of the choices I've made while wandering through the darkness might give everyone a ray of Light." - Kotarou Tennouji, Rewrite.

tumblr | a blog about games
I'm useless, haha.

pickle131
Veteran
Tumblr: pickle131

#11 Post by pickle131 »

This makes me ridiculously happy.
Sayuri [ freelance actress / singer / fangirl & stuff]

KDAX
Projects: The Only One

#12 Post by KDAX »

Do you think you'll be having CGs at all in the story?

By the way, I like the art.. Not the best I've seen, but is still really good. {Better then I could do!~}

pickle131
Veteran

#13 Post by pickle131 »

Since you're busy and have to do it all by yourself, if you need any help I wouldn't mind making character sketches on paper c: I don't have time to do lines or colouring on the computer, but maybe it would help for character design if you're short on time?

jhernandezgames
Regular

#14 Post by jhernandezgames »

@Pickle i would love you forever and ever if you managed to do that :D
If you do I'll credit you in the credits :O

pickle131
Veteran

#15 Post by pickle131 »

Alright! Do you have any designs in mind for the characters listed here or do you want me to just sketch out some things?