Worst anime you have ever watched?

For the rest of your otaku life.
TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

Re: Worst anime you have ever watched?

#181 Post by TsukiShima »

DarkSin wrote:Bakemonogatari - The random imagery was annoying. So was the story. It was hard to watch through it.
I like Bakemonogatari, though I have to agree the sudden change of images can be annoying, but when you watch it until the end, you'll realized it's the unique style that the anime have. I'm a girl so I don't watch it to see all the sexy females, instead the mysteries in it along with the semi-realistic style of the anime really attracted me! I had to watch the entire episodes of the first series to understand and like it.
Dreambrush wrote:Sword Art Online.

I'm sorry, but that was utter garbage to me. The whole e-waifu crap, the blandness in half of the characters, the horrible side episodes that comprised half the show, the unnecessary sexist overtones, the weird incestual stuff, and so many wasted opportunities to expand on an interesting premise.

Yuck.
Gotta agree. I'm not a hater, but I don't like it either, too much of Kirito and Asuna, it's like there's no other characters in there. The too mainstream fans made me avoid to watch it for the story too.

...I wonder why people are complaining about Boku no Pico. /hit

AquaEG
Regular
Projects: Fateful Encounters
Organization: At the moment, niches are not my forte.

#182 Post by AquaEG »

Definitely Amnesia. I honestly love reverse harems, so I was REALLY looking forward to a bunch of bishounen and a nice female lead.
But all I get is Clueless girl #1. The guys were the only redeeming qualities of the anime. And the music, which was the only reason I watched each episode. The plot was so confusing that I gave up on the anime after a while. I appreciated how the guys were developed though. But I have no more positive stuff to say on this.

Sword Art Online? Also another disappointment. Like people are saying, it had such a great setting but it didn't reach it's full potential at all. And honestly, it was a bit depressing, even though the romances were refreshing. >.>

Another one I didn't see mentioned here (as far as I know) is Sukitte Iinayo. That anime was so freakin' depressing and gloomy. I didn't imagine shojos could be like that. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't like it at all. The romance was depressing, the characters were depressing, the setting was depressing, and me, who watched the anime expecting a fun, slife anime...I was really disappointed. Seriously...so much smut references, it made me feel like I was watching hentai. :c The music was nice though...Slow Dance remains one of my favorite tracks. The rest of the anime remains the exact opposite.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#183 Post by Fenrir34 »

Fairy Tail! I hate that series. It's trying to take the spot in the big three and those are already overwhelming. Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind Naruto, Bleach and One Piece but Fairy Tail is bad. I will admit that I like Nastu. But Lucy is a horrible female character and turned me off from the series in the first place.

It sucks because I really wanted a magician anime and at first it looked good, but when I watched some episodes, I had to stop. It feels like the writer just created all these characters and got a simple plot, then just put them in this chaotic world.

I'm sorry if anyone likes this series but it's nothing compared to good series like Death Note, D Gray Man, and Wolves Rain.

AquaEG
Regular

#184 Post by AquaEG »

Fenrir34 wrote:Fairy Tail! I hate that series. It's trying to take the spot in the big three and those are already overwhelming. Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind Naruto, Bleach and One Piece but Fairy Tail is bad. I will admit that I like Nastu. But Lucy is a horrible female character and turned me off from the series in the first place.

It sucks because I really wanted a magician anime and at first it looked good, but when I watched some episodes, I had to stop. It feels like the writer just created all these characters and got a simple plot, then just put them in this chaotic world.

I'm sorry if anyone likes this series but it's nothing compared to good series like Death Note, D Gray Man, and Wolves Rain.
I'm totally with you there! I stopped somewhere in the middle of the series, because I just lost interest for some reason. It was probably cause of all the fan-service... I just wasn't in the mood to put up with it. And the comedy irked me... also because I wasn't in the mood for jokes when I watched it.

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#185 Post by Fenrir34 »

AquaEG wrote:
Fenrir34 wrote:Fairy Tail! I hate that series. It's trying to take the spot in the big three and those are already overwhelming. Now don't get me wrong. I don't mind Naruto, Bleach and One Piece but Fairy Tail is bad. I will admit that I like Nastu. But Lucy is a horrible female character and turned me off from the series in the first place.

I'm totally with you there! I stopped somewhere in the middle of the series, because I just lost interest for some reason. It was probably cause of all the fan-service... I just wasn't in the mood to put up with it. And the comedy irked me... also because I wasn't in the mood for jokes when I watched it.

Finally I find someone who agrees. Many people I've known have liked it. I'll admit Nastu is okay but that's it. There is to much fan service (And let's face it, that's the only reason Lucy is there) and it feels like the show is trying to be like Naruto.

AquaEG
Regular

#186 Post by AquaEG »

Fenrir34 wrote:
AquaEG wrote:

Finally I find someone who agrees. Many people I've known have liked it. I'll admit Nastu is okay but that's it. There is to much fan service (And let's face it, that's the only reason Lucy is there) and it feels like the show is trying to be like Naruto.
Oh, totes! And, I personally think Naruto is on a whole different level. I don't think any anime can quite hit it's mark. Of course, this comment is so immensely biased cause I'm a huge fan, but still. >/\<

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#187 Post by Fenrir34 »

To AquaEG

I had at first disliked Naruto but I'm beginning to like it. It's rival for many people is bleach. Wonder what would happened if the characters fought each other. Lol

Ekamu
Regular
Completed: Paper Guitar

#188 Post by Ekamu »

Hunter X Hunter, the Anime was fantastic, the plot was thrilling, I was thrown into this whole new fantasy world, it was a dream come true, Krapika looked like a girl but the characters where still memorable. Oh Leorio that lovable Con Man. I loved the assassins and Killua had so much potential to be like the ultimate bad ass white-haired kid and beat up Toshiro Hitsugaya bankai whatever (Kid Captain from Bleach) THEN THE ENDING (*_*) Gon never found his father, Killua never fought Hisoka ( I was waiting for that episode like for forever! ). They just sing in some field and everything is happy then the series gets cut off.

I am forever haunted, I would rather have enjoyed mediocre Fairy Tale or even very typical Gosick...hell at least you know what your getting into. Never watch Hunter X Hunter just stick to reading the Manga or beware the tragedy when she breaks your heart.
------------Paper Guitar------------
Experimental Nostalgic Romance VN Out Now!
.......made with love from the lucid moon........

latte
Regular
Projects: Memories of Summer Winds, untitled KN

#189 Post by latte »

Bakemonogatari gave me headaches with all the strong oranges/yellows and flashing images, the fanservice is random and pointless and the guy gets a badass girlfriend early on but keeps getting hit on by other girls and doesn't really mind. I hate when that happens (the opposite, with a female MC, too) which is part of the reason I also disliked SAO. Man, you have Asuna, just tell your cousin to go get a life.

The biggest problem with SAO (and Accel World) is that Kawahara has great ideas for setting and premise and fails to populate those with interesting characters. SAO's theme is actually quite interesting -- just how much can MMOs affect the real world and real lives -- but IMO the only volume that lived up to the premise was Mother's Rosario. Maybe because Kirito aka the greatest Gary Stu in recent anime history was nearly absent? I actually like AW a bit better because of Kuroyukihime, though she, too, is a stereotype for male self-fulfillment.

Also, ef's Miyako portion. I'm sorry, but the girl is a complete bitch. In the VN I went straight to the ending where Kei hooks up with Hiro and Miyako kills herself, but then it wouldn't unlock the other routes. Sigh.

yanderelover

#190 Post by yanderelover »

Anime adaptation of Umineko. Maybe if you ignored the existence of the VN it could be something. Or not.
Another one I didn't enjoy to the fullest was Bakatest. Sorry, it just wasn't my thing.

Exaelia
Regular

#191 Post by Exaelia »

Ermmm. I dunno. o 3 o I don't really think I've ever seen any anime I didn't like xD
"If I cared what people think, I would have dyed my hair black."
~Kurosaki Ichigo

Armee
Veteran

#192 Post by Armee »

Boku no Pico...Trap...Trap is everywhere. Seriously, if anyone recommend Boku no Pico to me, I will flip the table athem. Techically, I rarely watch anime but once I watch, I'm really picky. I watch a lot of yaoi anime but I never saw anything is as worse as that one. Seriously, the worst of the worst. And that my friends, my list continue. I don't like anime with Mary Sue (but KHR is an exception because of the male cast) And there is that anime with tiny tiny thingy, called Shugo Chara. I almost forgot it name and I have to google it with 'spade pink heart clover anime' and then I'm pretty much hate every anime that have very colorful main characters or pink heroine I despite them. . .Next is Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Fruit Basket, every manga/anime relate to idol, Amnesia because I hate the heroine and the casts at the moment I saw it, say I'm picky but seriously, a lot of shoujo is the reason why I don't watch them. I'm only watch about four shoujo I think. The only manga I wish to have anime because it's pretty good as a manga never have it.
TsukiShima wrote:...I wonder why people are complaining about Boku no Pico. /hit
Hana, look at the top of my post...I don't hate trap...much. I feel like looking at male in female clothing is weird. Don't judge or anything but seriously, I love BL. Boku no Pico is an exception this time.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#193 Post by Didules »

One piece was the most annoying anime I've ever watched. It was so boring that I started to do my german homeworks during an episode (and only god knows how much I hate German). I couldn't watch more than 16 episodes. And I still feel like I've lost 16x20min= too much time in my life. My friends kept telling me how fun it was but I didn't find it so funny or anything, the characters are cliche, annoying, I can't stand Luffy. He's noisy and annoying. Seriously, I don't hate this anime but it made me loose 320 minutes of my time (Yeah, I did calculate in the end), that means more than 5 hours T.T

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#194 Post by Akitsuki »

Tsubasa Chronicle. Despite how I love the manga, the anime just sucks. The plot is changed, and, urgh, it's filled with useless drama that it doesn't make any sense to me. They added several episodes that aren't in the manga. And I'm mostly annoyed when there's an episode where Sakura hoped for someone to be alive again after he died. AND YOU KNOW WHAT, in the manga it's clearly stated that every character there believes that any wish will be able to be fulfilled except to bring someone to live. I'm so not going to watch it again.

pwisaguacate
Veteran

#195 Post by pwisaguacate »

Armee wrote:Boku no Pico...Trap...Trap is everywhere. Seriously, if anyone recommend Boku no Pico to me, I will flip the table athem. Techically, I rarely watch anime but once I watch, I'm really picky. I watch a lot of yaoi anime but I never saw anything is as worse as that one. Seriously, the worst of the worst. And that my friends, my list continue. I don't like anime with Mary Sue (but KHR is an exception because of the male cast) And there is that anime with tiny tiny thingy, called Shugo Chara. I almost forgot it name and I have to google it with 'spade pink heart clover anime' and then I'm pretty much hate every anime that have very colorful main characters or pink heroine I despite them. . .Next is Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Fruit Basket, every manga/anime relate to idol, Amnesia because I hate the heroine and the casts at the moment I saw it, say I'm picky but seriously, a lot of shoujo is the reason why I don't watch them. I'm only watch about four shoujo I think. The only manga I wish to have anime because it's pretty good as a manga never have it.
TsukiShima wrote:...I wonder why people are complaining about Boku no Pico. /hit
Hana, look at the top of my post...I don't hate trap...much. I feel like looking at male in female clothing is weird. Don't judge or anything but seriously, I love BL. Boku no Pico is an exception this time.
I differentiate between the terms "anime" and "hentai", the latter involving explicit sexual activity. AFAIK, Boku no Pico is not listed in anime streaming sites but is in hentai sites. I have no idea where the its virality began; perhaps it was spread before its listing (who knows?). That one youtube video (I'm sure you which one, uh, THREEE!) was out by the time I heard about it, but even then, I wouldn't need to have watched that to figure out that something is up.
Heh. Personally, I don't give a flying damn about its existence. I think it's the high usage of the "watch this" joke (or simply saying Boku no Pico out of nowhere) that became particularly bothersome, not the deceiving me into watching it (because I wasn't).

Yeah, I brought it up again, so hit me too. ¯\(°_°)/¯