Re:Set Episode 1 Remake : Thief of all Hearts [VN/RPG]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

Re:Set Episode 1 Remake : Thief of all Hearts [VN/RPG]

#1 Post by azureXtwilight »

Genre: (Comedy/Mystery/ModernFantasy/Romance/Random(?)/RPG/VN)
Rating : 13+

"It all started thousands of years ago, when a strange man who has nothing else to do because everyone thought he's an evil wizard created seven creatures to accompany him--Nope, this is not one of these stories so get your mind out of the gutter. They looked like humans, but they grew tired of their cozy little home and decided to have some fun. However, the world is too cruel for those peeps. So they became really evil and corrupted. Cliche, right?
The man was so saddened by this and sealed them in a box with the cost of his own life, and whoever managed to open the box by solving the goddamn riddle will unleash evil in the world once again!

A young girl named Michelle "Mike" Vinson--the awesome me--opened the box, and the world changes in an instant. The only way for me is to trust an amnesiac young man named Gerald, who seems to have an unstable personality because he changes it often its confusing. Long story short, I have to seal all the seven demons back in the box to regain my normal life, and reset everything that has been caused by the demon's actions. And the super-awesome-misadventures begin!"

ReSet is an episodic game consists of seven episodes where you play as both Mike and Gerald in order to retrieve all the seven demons back, and probably recover Gerald's missing memories.

In this episode, they are involved in a case of missing people. Can they solve it? Will they also manage to catch a demon? It's all up to you! Good luck! Also watch your step when you're walking, the world is full of manholes.

Features:
- 36.000 words, play as girl and boy
- 30 unlockable cgs and sketches
- You get to kick some butt in the newest-installed RPG Battles (Thanks to Jake!)
- Music room
- Two endings with 6 different character epilogues (Your actions determine the fate of most people you meet! ...I think.)
- Clues and Exploration scenes
- Utter randomness. Sometimes. Okay, maybe most of the times.
- Original OP video, music by rickioteque and vocal by KokoroHane. Because OPs are cool.
- And as all of my other games it's completely free, no profits taken. If you bought this, you’ve been scammed.

DL LINK : https://rpgmaker.net/games/5511/
Guide :http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 55&t=22663

Note : It has already been beta'd but as you know there might be some issues/bugs missed, let me know and I'll release a patch ASAP.
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:22 am, edited 6 times in total.

gulabji

Re: Re:Set Episode 1 Remake : Thief of all Hearts [VN/RPG]

#2 Post by gulabji »

Downloading right now! I'm pretty excited to play it :3

edit;; I just finished it! It was amazing! I really enjoyed it a lot. It made me laugh so many times. Especially Mike.
my favorite line being GODDAMN CHOCOLATE! CAN I?
Also I loved how it flowed, story wise, as well. It all just felt so fluid and realistic. Also, the fight scenes were pretty awesome.
Last edited by gulabji on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Armee
Veteran

#3 Post by Armee »

So heavy but congratulation on yours release.
I'll playing this once I'm over BL-fever and get some free time.

leon
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Visual Novel Tycoon, Night at the Hospital, Time Labyrinth, The Buried Moon, Left of Center, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Lemon Project, Porcelain Heart, Dream's Dénouement
Organization: Team ANARKY

#4 Post by leon »

Conrats on the release! It has a nice story with great humor; great job at making it attractive for both genders.

I really enjoyed both gameplay elements (Phoenix Wright style exploration and RPG combats). They are very well done and they nicely tie with the story.

For a free game this is amazingly polished - from animated sprites, lots of CGs, to cool gameplay elements, polished GUI and even an OP. Two thumbs up!

Moon20
Regular

#5 Post by Moon20 »

congratulation on your release azureXtwilight. I'm have played the game and This game was much better than the old one, Much fun to play, You make so awesome games. I really love your games very much, I'm big fan of your games.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth

#6 Post by azureXtwilight »

Moon20 wrote:congratulation on your release azureXtwilight. I'm have played the game and This game was much better than the old one, Much fun to play, You make so awesome games. I really love your games very much, I'm big fan of your games.
Thank you very much! It's very nice to have people supporting your games :)
gulabji wrote:Downloading right now! I'm pretty excited to play it :3

edit;; I just finished it! It was amazing! I really enjoyed it a lot. It made me laugh so many times. Especially Mike.
my favorite line being GODDAMN CHOCOLATE! CAN I?
Also I loved how it flowed, story wise, as well. It all just felt so fluid and realistic. Also, the fight scenes were pretty awesome.
Thank you, it was supposed to be in the borderline between fantasy, ridiculous and realistic XD Look forward for the next ep!
Armee wrote:So heavy but congratulation on yours release.
I'll playing this once I'm over BL-fever and get some free time.
Haha, it might be because of the animations and video used. Have fun playing!
leon wrote:Conrats on the release! It has a nice story with great humor; great job at making it attractive for both genders.

I really enjoyed both gameplay elements (Phoenix Wright style exploration and RPG combats). They are very well done and they nicely tie with the story.

For a free game this is amazingly polished - from animated sprites, lots of CGs, to cool gameplay elements, polished GUI and even an OP. Two thumbs up!
Thank you very much! I'm really glad that a guy is enjoying this too! :D I usually make otome games so this is a huge step... somehow.

I'm planning to make a walkthrough, guys. What do you think?

Moon20
Regular

#7 Post by Moon20 »

I think walkthrough hear very good idea out

Rainbow Colors
Regular
Projects: Come Here Often?

#8 Post by Rainbow Colors »

A REMAAAKE.

And here I was wondering how it could possibly get any better. Congratulations on the release and please keep on making these free awesome games (as long as they don't interfere with your life?).

I guess I'll play it after our exams. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to after our hell week.

~targetting every otome game at the speed of sound
(because if I did it at the speed of light, I'd be time travelling)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#9 Post by azureXtwilight »

Moon20 wrote:I think walkthrough hear very good idea out
All right, I'll wait a few days for it :)
Rainbow Colors wrote:A REMAAAKE.

And here I was wondering how it could possibly get any better. Congratulations on the release and please keep on making these free awesome games (as long as they don't interfere with your life?).

I guess I'll play it after our exams. Thank you for giving me something to look forward to after our hell week.
Thank you! Looking forward to see your feedback!

KiYa

#10 Post by KiYa »

Waaah~! It's finally released! OMG KJHVJGFVGVHGDFFNC! Lol, sorry for spamming, can't stop fangirling! Downloading now~ xD

Ohh, btw, congratulations on the release. :D
*Too busy playing PSP to make a signature*

Starkiss

#11 Post by Starkiss »

I literally did a fangirl squeal when I saw this! (silent stalker-ish >_>) I'm so happy to finally see this completed! Congrats azurextwilight and I shall be playing this shortly~

Adoxographist
Regular

#12 Post by Adoxographist »

Just finished playing it, and it was really great!
I don't really know the protocol on giving critiques, but while I was playing it, I took note of a few things, as well as some minor grammar mistakes, and I thought I should post them?

Haha, anyway...
Jun shows up twice in the clues, before and after Mikhail. Maybe she gets added to your clues again after you meet her?
If you go to the top left corner boxes, you can't select your character anymore. It might be better to just prevent people from being able to move there altogether.
After you show Regina/Lust a picture of Chef Suwabara, she makes a comment about how she knows the chef, and then says "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about."
When Lust moves, the tip of her wing teleports as she flaps!
Also in terms of grammar mistakes, I only really paid attention after
meeting Regina/Lust
but still...
Enemies's Turn should be spelled "Enemies' Turn."
I noticed a lot of stuff while talking to Regina for some reason, haha!
"I wonder how did they get the new waitress. They usually have waiters before, it's a first to see a girl working here." Grammatically, this sentence should be, "I wonder how they got the new waitress. They usually had waiters before, etc..."
In "Well the old design attracted a few unwanted attention from unwanted people." "A few" should be "Some."
In "After a while, they changed the uniform design, but a lot of people already thinks in a negative way about it." "Thinks" should be "think".

A bit later... "She was also recruiting part-timers, you see... I think Regulus moves there because his wage is better, I don't know." should be, "She was also recruiting part-timers, you see... I think Regulus moved there because the wage is better, I don't know."

When Mike is working at the restaurant, and she asks Chef Suwabara about Jun and Regulus' relationship, she says, "But that's not possible! He's just... a college boy with no incomes!" in this case, income should be singular, so "income".
"Still, I have to agree that we're being selfish, and only make up reasons as we go. It's a coincidence the reasons make sense." "Make up" should be "making up"
But they're all pretty minor. Like you understand what's being said perfectly regardless!

But anyway, it was incredibly fun, and all the work you put into it REALLY shows.
I love Mike and Gerald's dynamic and basically all the characters. GOOD WORK!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#13 Post by azureXtwilight »

Adoxographist wrote:Just finished playing it, and it was really great!
I don't really know the protocol on giving critiques, but while I was playing it, I took note of a few things, as well as some minor grammar mistakes, and I thought I should post them?

Haha, anyway...
Jun shows up twice in the clues, before and after Mikhail. Maybe she gets added to your clues again after you meet her?
If you go to the top left corner boxes, you can't select your character anymore. It might be better to just prevent people from being able to move there altogether.
After you show Regina/Lust a picture of Chef Suwabara, she makes a comment about how she knows the chef, and then says "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about."
When Lust moves, the tip of her wing teleports as she flaps!
Also in terms of grammar mistakes, I only really paid attention after
meeting Regina/Lust
but still...
Enemies's Turn should be spelled "Enemies' Turn."
I noticed a lot of stuff while talking to Regina for some reason, haha!
"I wonder how did they get the new waitress. They usually have waiters before, it's a first to see a girl working here." Grammatically, this sentence should be, "I wonder how they got the new waitress. They usually had waiters before, etc..."
In "Well the old design attracted a few unwanted attention from unwanted people." "A few" should be "Some."
In "After a while, they changed the uniform design, but a lot of people already thinks in a negative way about it." "Thinks" should be "think".

A bit later... "She was also recruiting part-timers, you see... I think Regulus moves there because his wage is better, I don't know." should be, "She was also recruiting part-timers, you see... I think Regulus moved there because the wage is better, I don't know."

When Mike is working at the restaurant, and she asks Chef Suwabara about Jun and Regulus' relationship, she says, "But that's not possible! He's just... a college boy with no incomes!" in this case, income should be singular, so "income".
"Still, I have to agree that we're being selfish, and only make up reasons as we go. It's a coincidence the reasons make sense." "Make up" should be "making up"
But they're all pretty minor. Like you understand what's being said perfectly regardless!

But anyway, it was incredibly fun, and all the work you put into it REALLY shows.
I love Mike and Gerald's dynamic and basically all the characters. GOOD WORK!
Thank you so much for the critique! I really have to pay attention to it more, and I didn't really recognize those errors before, I have to fix them for next time! >w< Thank you for catching them~ And I really have to say you did a very wonderful voicing both Mike and Sydonai! Looking forward to working with you again~
Starkiss wrote:I literally did a fangirl squeal when I saw this! (silent stalker-ish >_>) I'm so happy to finally see this completed! Congrats azurextwilight and I shall be playing this shortly~
KiYa wrote:Waaah~! It's finally released! OMG KJHVJGFVGVHGDFFNC! Lol, sorry for spamming, can't stop fangirling! Downloading now~ xD Ohh, btw, congratulations on the release. :D
Thank you! Looking forward to your feedback!

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator

#14 Post by azureXtwilight »

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

#15 Post by Akitsuki »

Played it! Not yet finished thou. As always your game is easy-playing! I'm sure I won't stop if there is nothing bothering!
It's quite nostalgic to find Jun and Yuri there! *A* They look totally different thou, especially Yuri LOL Didn't even notice it was him. And Jun looks so manly there, I thought she were a man before I noticed it's Jun o__o