Final Week

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

Re: Final Week

#16 Post by thebackup »

Taroku wrote:
Sioraf wrote:After quite a while of very little happening here this was a breath of fresh air. Best of all was the love metres making it nice and easy to track one's relations.
Wait, that was a love meter? o_o
Yes. Though, I could have made it a "progress" meter, tracking how far you're into the game, or a volume meter. :lol:

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#17 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Hey there!

I played through your game and had a good time with it! It must've been a lot of work, what with the writing, art, and voice acting elements. (It was super nice of your sister to help you out with the art. ^^)

I felt the game had a really polished look about it. Nice art with different outfits for each character. Menus and the "love meter" were a nice touch in terms of customization.

I felt that sometimes the writing suffered from being simply a series of scenes instead of a linear plotline. It made the story seem shorter than it was. I think it also made the girls seem a bit two-dimensional since there wasn't much development for any of them until close to the very end.

But overall I really enjoyed the game and I thought you did a good job putting it together! It's definitely impressive from a technical standpoint, what with all the elements put in. Voice acting was a nice touch!

I hope you put in those "placeholder CGs" - I think they'd make the game look more professional!

Thanks for making this! :D

thebackup
Veteran
Completed: Final Week, CardioQuiz, Cafe Memoria, All I Want for Christmas is a Girlfriend, Dating Sim! Re:Mastered, Dating Sim! Luna's Lovely Summer
Projects: Memoria (on hiatus), Cafe Memoria Deux (cancelled)
Organization: PixaelSoft
itch: thebackup

#18 Post by thebackup »

PrettySammy09 wrote:Hey there!

I played through your game and had a good time with it! It must've been a lot of work, what with the writing, art, and voice acting elements. (It was super nice of your sister to help you out with the art. ^^)

I felt the game had a really polished look about it. Nice art with different outfits for each character. Menus and the "love meter" were a nice touch in terms of customization.

I felt that sometimes the writing suffered from being simply a series of scenes instead of a linear plotline. It made the story seem shorter than it was. I think it also made the girls seem a bit two-dimensional since there wasn't much development for any of them until close to the very end.

But overall I really enjoyed the game and I thought you did a good job putting it together! It's definitely impressive from a technical standpoint, what with all the elements put in. Voice acting was a nice touch!

I hope you put in those "placeholder CGs" - I think they'd make the game look more professional!

Thanks for making this! :D
Glad you enjoyed it. I had fun making it, especially for a college art project, despite being a bit rushed. 8)

Thanks for all the feedback so far, they're invaluable to me. I'm feeling motivated for an enhanced remake. :D

philip
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by philip »

I stumbled across this story a day or two ago, downloaded and played through it once. Then midway through the second time, I discovered the "love meter" that shows how you are progressing with each girl. With that ability in hand, I have since gone through and gotten the endings for each of the ladies. It would have been nice if that feature had been explained somewhere, along with an explanation of which color went with which girl. That aside, the story was very well done, as was the art; I enjoyed it very much! It would be nice if the author would go back and fill in the "Placeholder CG's".

I am astounded that there has not been a post to this thread for almost four years, maybe this will spark some renewed interest.
"One who has never made a mistake has never attempted anything!"
-
and
-
"Finish what you start"