(On Hiatus/Dropped) Mafia Wonderland

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
monkeyartist214

(On Hiatus/Dropped) Mafia Wonderland

#1 Post by monkeyartist214 »

Hey! I've decided to drop this project for now. School has been sucking away my time and I haven't been as passionate about this project. Plus I didn't plan this that well so.....yeah. My next project will be better planned and have more features (learning about sprites and such).
titlepage.jpg
Features:
- 8 different endings
- 5 chibi scenes
- 5 CG (Technically they aren't, but I don't know what else to call them)

Storyline:
Alice was just having your typical horrible day: her boyfriend confesses to cheating on her with her best friend and she comes home to hear her parents daily fights. Who would have thought that an innocent walk in the park would make her fall right into the middle of a mafia battle? Now Alice is stuck in Wonderland, but it is nothing like the fairy tales she has read. Violence is everywhere, life is merely a toy, and Wonderland has been split into four four factions, each ruled by a family: The Cheshires, the Hatters, the Caterpillars, and the Queen of Red. Alice has to try to get back to home alive, while dealing with the four mafia leaders' outrageous personalities. Little does Alice know, that lurking in the shadows is a being bent on getting rid of her for good. Will Alice be able to go back home as well as find love? Or will the twisted past of the leaders drag her down into darkness? Come find out and join us in Wonderland....

Characters:

Alice
Alice is a head-strong young woman who still a child at heart. She loves fairytales and fantasy and dreams of becoming a fairy tale writer. She doesn't take crap from anyone and tends to be violent, but that doesn't mean she isn't polite.
William Rabbit:
Wiiliam.jpg
Wiiliam.jpg (25.59 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
William is the leader of the Queen of Red faction (well, besides the Queen). He is a descendent of the White Rabbit and tends to be very happy-go-lucky (only when Alice is around though). He is sweet, caring, but has a dark-side lurking in him that can be terrifying. He seems to know Alice before she came into Wonderland.
Mikel Hatter:
Mikel.jpg
Mikel.jpg (29.31 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
Mikel is the descendent of the Mad Hatter and leader of the Hatter family. He is a player and likes to tease Alice on every occasion. Despite his frivolous lifestyle, he is very knowledgeable about tea and loses that player nature. Hidden inside him, however, is a dark nature that will disrupt his world if it breaks free.
Callum Cheshire:
Callum.jpg
Callum.jpg (26.64 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
Callum is the leader of the Cheshire family and, as one would expect, is a descendent of the Cheshire Cat. Callum is very spontaneous and is difficult to understand. He has a dark sense of humor and treats life like a game, not caring whether he or the other party dies; however, he treats the members of his family dearly and will destroy anything that will hurt them.
Davion Pillar:
Davion.jpg
Davion.jpg (27.09 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
Davion is the leader of the Caterpillar family and is a descendent of the Caterpillar. He is very cold and serious, only paying attention and care to his experiments. He is intelligent and not much of a people person, but he cares deeply for the people he loves (even if it doesn't always show).

Minor Characters:

Darwin Mouse:
mouse.jpg
mouse.jpg (23.78 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
Lead weapons developer at Hatter Mansion and Mikel's childhood friend.

Dee Tweedle:
dee.jpg
dee.jpg (20.95 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
The older of of the Tweedle twins. He is an underling of Callum, and is the most reasonable and mature.

Dum Tweedle:
dum.jpg
dum.jpg (25.74 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
The youngest of the Tweedle twins. He is an underling of Callum, and is the outgoing, childish one.

Lex Lizard:
lizard.jpg
lizard.jpg (24.29 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
An underling and friend of Davion. Unlike Davion, Lex is friendly and gets excited easily.

Mysterious Stalker:
jabber.jpg
jabber.jpg (22.81 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
An unknown stranger who has been stalking Alice.

The Queen of Red:
queen.jpg
queen.jpg (28.52 KiB) Viewed 2222 times
The leader of the Queen of Red territory. Although she may seem kind and polite, there is another side to her that many do not know.

Screenshots:
[attachment=0]screenshots.jpg[/attachment]

Progress:
Story: 80%
Programming: 8%
Music: 95%
CGs/chibi scenes: 20%
Backgrounds: 95%

If you have any questions or comments about the story and the characters, I'll be happy to answer them.
Attachments
screenshots.jpg
Last edited by monkeyartist214 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyra10
Regular
Projects: My Heart's Flame
Organization: Amaraluna: Otome Game Productions

Re: Mafia Wonderland-Romance, comedy, bits of action otome g

#2 Post by Kyra10 »

This seems like a really interesting game. I'll definitely play it when it comes out! :)

monkeyartist214

#3 Post by monkeyartist214 »

Thanks! I really appreciate it :D

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#4 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Is this a bit of a fan game of Heart no Kuni no Alice?

monkeyartist214

#5 Post by monkeyartist214 »

a little bit. I got the inspiration from that, but i changed in up so the storyline has no correlation to Heart no kuni no Alice :)

semewelamb
Regular

#6 Post by semewelamb »

This idea intrigues me. It kind of reminds me of the flash game Alice is Dead. It'll be interesting to see what each character's story line is like. I hope the mysterious stalker is a secret character. I love secret characters. :)

Adoxographist
Regular

#7 Post by Adoxographist »

Ah! I remember being super into Heart no Kuni back in the day. I will definitely check this out!

bartonrobert

#8 Post by bartonrobert »

monkeyartist214 wrote:
titlepage.jpg
Features:
- 8 different endings
- 5 chibi scenes
- 5 CG (Technically they aren't, but I don't know what else to call them)

Storyline:
Alice was just having your typical horrible day: her boyfriend confesses to cheating on her with her best friend and she comes home to hear her parents daily fights. Who would have thought that an innocent walk in the park would make her fall right into the middle of a mafia battle? Now Alice is stuck in Wonderland, but it is nothing like the fairy tales she has read. Violence is everywhere, life is merely a toy, and Wonderland has been split into four four factions, each ruled by a family: The Cheshires, the Hatters, the Caterpillars, and the Queen of Red. Alice has to try to get back to home alive, while dealing with the four mafia leaders' outrageous personalities. Little does Alice know, that lurking in the shadows is a being bent on getting rid of her for good. Will Alice be able to go back home as well as find love? Or will the twisted past of the leaders drag her down into darkness? Come find out and join us in Wonderland....

Characters:

Alice
Alice is a head-strong young woman who still a child at heart. She loves fairytales and fantasy and dreams of becoming a fairy tale writer. She doesn't take crap from anyone and tends to be violent, but that doesn't mean she isn't polite.
William Rabbit:
Wiiliam.jpg
William is the leader of the Queen of Red faction (well, besides the Queen). He is a descendent of the White Rabbit and tends to be very happy-go-lucky (only when Alice is around though). He is sweet, caring, but has a dark-side lurking in him that can be terrifying. He seems to know Alice before she came into Wonderland.
Mikel Hatter:
Mikel.jpg
Mikel is the descendent of the Mad Hatter and leader of the Hatter family. He is a player and likes to tease Alice on every occasion. Despite his frivolous lifestyle, he is very knowledgeable about tea and loses that player nature. Hidden inside him, however, is a dark nature that will disrupt his world if it breaks free.
Callum Cheshire:
Callum.jpg
Callum is the leader of the Cheshire family and, as one would expect, is a descendent of the Cheshire Cat. Callum is very spontaneous and is difficult to understand. He has a dark sense of humor and treats life like a game, not caring whether he or the other party dies; however, he treats the members of his family dearly and will destroy anything that will hurt them.
Davion Pillar:
Davion.jpg
Davion is the leader of the Caterpillar family and is a descendent of the Caterpillar. He is very cold and serious, only paying attention and care to his experiments. He is intelligent and not much of a people person, but he cares deeply for the people he loves (even if it doesn't always show).

Minor Characters:

Darwin Mouse:
mouse.jpg
Lead weapons developer at Hatter Mansion and Mikel's childhood friend.

Dee Tweedle:
dee.jpg
The older of of the Tweedle twins. He is an underling of Callum, and is the most reasonable and mature.

Dum Tweedle:
dum.jpg
The youngest of the Tweedle twins. He is an underling of Callum, and is the outgoing, childish one.

Lex Lizard:
lizard.jpg
An underling and friend of Davion. Unlike Davion, Lex is friendly and gets excited easily.

Mysterious Stalker:
jabber.jpg
An unknown stranger who has been stalking Alice.

The Queen of Red:
queen.jpg
The leader of the Queen of Red territory. Although she may seem kind and polite, there is another side to her that many do not know.

Screenshots:
[attachment=0]screenshots.jpg[/attachment]

Progress:
Story: 80%
Programming: 8%
Music: 95%
CGs/chibi scenes: 20%
Backgrounds: 95%

If you have any questions or comments about the story and the characters, I'll be happy to answer them.
every characters of the painting the very image of the characters, I really like the inside of the characters