IP BLOCKED?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
macaron
Regular

IP BLOCKED?

#1 Post by macaron »

I do not know what happened but I was using my laptop and I can't post any question because my IP was blocked?
I'm currently using my computer and still at home. Is it because there's something wrong with my laptop thus it happened?

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: IP BLOCKED?

#2 Post by mugenjohncel »

It happens once in awhile especially if you are under an ISP that shares your IP address with 50 or more people...

One good example would be Smart Broken (SmartBro Philippines) and I found out about this the hard way... I was banned on multiple sites, I cannot even download from Rapidshare and related sites that because some jerk is using the same shared IP and as far as the internet is concerned, they will see both of you as one and the same entity ... Chances are, you either received or inherited or share the same IP address that is blocked in Lemmasoft... I don't know about you but this IP recycling/sharing is very common here in the Philippines... You really don't have much of a choice when this happens... you might be able to talk to Renpytom (PyTom) to add your IP as an exception or in the worse case scenario you could just use a proxy...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Last edited by mugenjohncel on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

macaron
Regular

#3 Post by macaron »

mugenjohncel wrote:It happens once in awhile especially if you are under an ISP that shares your IP address with 50 or more people...

One good example would be Smart Broken (SmartBro Philippines) and I found out about this the hard way... I was banned on multiple sites, I cannot even download from Rapidshare and related sites that because someone from your sector who is using the same shared IP is currently downloading something... You really don't have much of a choice when this happens... you might be able to talk to Renpytom (PyTom) to add your IP as an exception or in the worse case scenario you could just use a proxy...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Thanks and it even says my ip address sending some trojan & spamming stuff? What does that mean?

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#4 Post by mugenjohncel »

macaron wrote:Thanks and it even says my ip address sending some trojan & spamming stuff? What does that mean?
It means some jerk under your the same IP address as you are is using it for malicious intentions :mrgreen:

Just use proxy for now and Email Renpytom (PyTom) to see if he can add your IP as an exception...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#5 Post by Greeny »

High time for IPv6, I say. This sharing nonsense has to stop!
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

hikaa212
Regular
Projects: Distant Dream

#6 Post by hikaa212 »

I have encountered the same problem too recently. :(
"I hope that all of the choices I've made while wandering through the darkness might give everyone a ray of Light." - Kotarou Tennouji, Rewrite.

tumblr | a blog about games
I'm useless, haha.

Talann
Regular
Projects: Shooting Stars, REBORN

#7 Post by Talann »

same thing happened to me yesterday, i was pissed, this IP thing has to stop, urgh :(
for a moment I was actually scared that i had done something wrong...