Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
FreaQiu

Re: Summer Found Me [GxB][Slice of life]

#136 Post by FreaQiu »

Nice game ^^V. i like seth design. well, but for the personality i like devlin more.. But still, Seth will be my fav

-Anna-

#137 Post by -Anna- »

Just finished Seth's ending. So cute, I loved their chemistry. :3

SheerGlade
Regular
Projects: Essence
Deviantart: Shinkami

#138 Post by SheerGlade »

After playing this gem, I simply had to comment. It made me laugh (constantly), it made me tear up (twice, in fact, during Seth's route, from the overwhelming sweetness); from beginning to end, I enjoyed it. As both a narrator and character, Iris was lovable - which seems rare for otome games, so thank you so much for that - and each male character was distinct and appealing. I enjoyed each route, and I love how you implemented so many choices. The sprites, backgrounds, and GUI looked great, and the writing was clever and interesting - never mundane. I play a lot of visual novels, but this one (and its characters) certainly holds a special place in my heart. Congratulations on completing such a wonderful project!

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#139 Post by GlassHeart »

@SheerGlade
Thank you very much. You knew just what to say to make me blush lol. I try to make my characters and dialogue interesting so I'm happy when I'm complimented on that. ^_^

@-Anna-
We all deserve someone together with whom we can be nerdy, right? For Iris, Seth is that someone. If only we were all so lucky.

@FreaQiu
Thanks. Can you imagine Devlin's personality in Seth's body? o.O I feel the urge to write a scene about it.
Image Image

Mghrabiya

#140 Post by Mghrabiya »

Devlin my man <3 <3 this game was awesome props to you
:3

Campbell

#141 Post by Campbell »

Awww I'm-in-love-with-this-whole-game
I swear this is the first otome game made me laugh so hard so many times, this game is so funny and so perfect to me, one of my favourite games ever!
All of the boys are too cute, i can't even decide which one do i like best, but i guess i'll tell that Devlin is my favourite boy, i understand him, and i like his jokes, even though he's not my type anyway lol
And Iris, her personality is awesome, she's brave and smart i think, i swear i would never, ever act like her, which run into a boy's apartment, put a key in the bra and tell a boy come to take it out (i can't get out of my head the things in Delvin's route xD), and so much more. I'm absolutely in love with her, she's my idol from now on haha
And once again, thank you so much for making this awesome game, it's totally amazing :D

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped

#142 Post by GlassHeart »

@xxx1animefreak1xxx
Hee hee. Thanks. ^_^

@Campbell
When you put it that way, it sounds kinda crazy. I wouldn't do that stuff irl either, but hey, it's a game. I think Iris is the kind of the girl I want to be, so in the game she does brave things that I would never do.
From what I've heard, some people think naughty stuff happened after the end of Devlin's route. It's open ended for a reason, you can imagine whatever you want, but in my head nothing happens. :lol:
Image Image

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#143 Post by Fenrir34 »

I just loved this game. It was very well done. As for me, as usual, I loved Seth. I found his path to be the most interesting. I always like the friend love stories. They are always super cute to me. :)

Devlin is my next fav. He may have been a bad boy but he also had a good side to him. His father was a real jerk. :x

Alden was alright but he just didn't interest me as much as the other two did. But I really did love his hair :lol:

Good job with this story and I look froward to playing more games by you :)

Katty16
Regular

#144 Post by Katty16 »

Sorry to ask, but do you have a mac version to for this game or something?? ><
A friend of mine really wanted to play it, but it didn't work on her mac so she got really sad since she loved the characters XD
Sorry if I'm bothering you by the question

GlassHeart
Regular

#145 Post by GlassHeart »

@Katty16 This game version works on all platforms, so if the game doesn't work on your friend's computer it's probably not because of the operating system. Just in case, I built a mac distribution for you. The thing is, I lost the project files at some point and restored an older version. I have no idea what changes I had made since that version, so there might be spelling errors and the file size is a lot bigger.

I couldn't test it, but I hope it works.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/86t8d ... .0-mac.zip

@Fenrir34
Thank you. ^_^
I think I'll always try to have a friend character in my games, because to me there's something really sweet about love evolving from friendship.
Devlin already has all the girls swooning, so never mind him. But thanks for saying something nice about Alden's hair. :lol:
Image Image

Katty16
Regular

#146 Post by Katty16 »

Thanks!!! I gave it to my friend, I will make her tell me if it's fine then and make her try to download the original files too.
Sorry for the trouble ><
But thanks anyway!!!! :3

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#147 Post by Fenrir34 »

Np. And girls really like the bad boys for some reason :shock: As for me, as I said, I love Seth. I'm glad you like putting friends in your games. It's always a cute kind of story :D

yundun63
Completed: None so far
Projects: None so far

#148 Post by yundun63 »

I just played this again for the third or so time and I just want to say that it's just as good this time around! Nice art, nice story and wonderful characters. I really hope I'll get to see more of your games soon.

Hachiko
Regular

#149 Post by Hachiko »

Just finished this game yesterday, and it was great! Very cute, you can't help but get butterflies in the stomach as well :D (At first I've avoided this game because I thought it was the.... game that I've played months ago, turns out it was another game with a similar title, DERP me .__. )

It was funny when I first saw the title screen, I was like "heh I know I'm NOT gonna choose HIM!" -points at Devlin- turns out I was wrong xD But I will admit, the reason I've had this bias on him first was because of how he looked. It seems like his proportions (his head, specifically) looked weird. The other two looked fine, but his CG on the title screen make his skull/head looked kinda...pointy. So yeah, that was my only complaint regarding the artworks. The CGs on the characters looked different from their faceset in the game, but it was still good. For some reason, those CGs remind me of the VN "The World Is Made Of Paper" o__O

About the boys' paths, I guess I've enjoyed Devlin's and Seth's the most. I've chosen Alden first because I had a feeling I should keep either the other 2 the last one (gotta save the best for the last xDD). The only thing that turned me off in Devlin's path was when
he made Iris bark
I was like "ughhhh!!", I mean, I know he's kinda a dick but even that was a bit too much! :( Other than that, his path was pretty fun! ^.^

After a minute of struggling, I've decided to put Seth to the last. And I was glad to do so! The online thing with him was warm and cute (love the scene when he deliberately lost to Iris in the lake <3), and it also reminded me of my own "MSN days" as well, (kudos for you! ;) ), his chat just made me have this nostalgic feeling all the way!

Tis a good game overall, nice music selection, lasted just enough; not too long, not too short. It would probably be a good idea to add an 'extras' option next time though!

Junesong
Regular

#150 Post by Junesong »

Kawaii! So cute, I love this game! Devlin is the best route imo, he's so tsundere x3 But Seth was awesome as well, I really love the smart/sarcastic combination, and the instant messages between them were so cuuute!