Seasonal Melody ♬ - [outdated - check new thread]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

Re: ❥Seasonal Melody ♬ [GxB|Musical|Otome|Slife]Update 7/26

#16 Post by Didules »

Wow, this thread has been updated since the last time I came here O.O
1) Would you like to play the game/demo when it comes out?
Yes. :)
2) Do you have any experience with music?
A little bit but not enough to see any mistake in the jargon ^^"
3) Which character are you most interested in?
Hummm, Hayate? Maybe, I don't know they all seem to be interesting ^^
I mean, Daichi could be funny since Hikaru has an obsession with him :P And I also usually like the kind of character like Ichirou ;) But somehow, Hayate seems cute ^.^ So... I'm interested in all of them 8D
4) Are there any other comments you would like to make about the plot, game info, character concepts, etc.?
Congratulations on finding an artist ^o^ good luck! :)

inhalance
Regular
Projects: Seasonal Melody ♬

Re: ❥Seasonal Melody ♬ [GxB|Musical|Otome|Slife]Update 7/26

#17 Post by inhalance »

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions! Hopefully I'll be able to add in CG's and original sprites for the game :)

On a side note, I'm looking for proofreaders and demo testers at the moment. If you're interested in proofreading/playing the first couple of chapters so far, send me a PM or reply to this thread! I would really appreciate it ~
Offering proofreading help and writing assets.

Current WIP:

shiho14
Regular

Re: Seasonal Melody ♬ [GxB|Musical|Otome|Slife]Up. 7/26

#18 Post by shiho14 »

1) Definitely. It seems to be a really interesting game ^^
2) I don't have that much experience but I used to play piano before and I have a little knowledge in guitar.
3) Hayate. I like quiet and reserved guys and also I love the fact his close to the heroine :)
4) Nope. I really like your plot especially your description about the main character, in short I love spunky heroines.

khfan12
Regular
Completed: Clarity, a MH KN
Projects: "With You", Truculence

#19 Post by khfan12 »

Yes! It seems super interesting! :D
Yep! When I was in high school I was in Band for 2 1/2 years! I was a percussionist (cymbals) and was going to switch to the trumpet, but I was unable to, due to complications.
I'd say...either Hayate or Ichirou. Hayate because he sounds adorable, and I have a soft spot for the quiet guys. Ichirou because...he just seems like a fun character :)
4) Are there any other comments you would like to make about the plot, game info, character concepts, etc.?
At the moment, nothing.
I do like that you're incorporating music into the VN; especially music theory.
I'm really looking forward to the character sprites!

I'll keep an eye on this project!
I also wanted to add that I can help with proofreading and demo testing! ^^
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Clarity - MH KN- Solo Project
Projects:
With You (working title) - Lead Writer/Concept/ETC
Truculence- Concept Artist, Proofreader

inhalance
Regular

#20 Post by inhalance »

shiho14 wrote:1) Definitely. It seems to be a really interesting game ^^
2) I don't have that much experience but I used to play piano before and I have a little knowledge in guitar.
3) Hayate. I like quiet and reserved guys and also I love the fact his close to the heroine :)
4) Nope. I really like your plot especially your description about the main character, in short I love spunky heroines.
Ooh, Hayate is turning out to be a really strong contender.. I like this ;) Thank you very much! I will also try to add comedy here and there from the spunky Hikaru.
khfan12 wrote:1) Would you like to play the game/demo when it comes out?
Yes! It seems super interesting! :D
Yep! When I was in high school I was in Band for 2 1/2 years! I was a percussionist (cymbals) and was going to switch to the trumpet, but I was unable to, due to complications.
I'd say...either Hayate or Ichirou. Hayate because he sounds adorable, and I have a soft spot for the quiet guys. Ichirou because...he just seems like a fun character :)
At the moment, nothing.
I do like that you're incorporating music into the VN; especially music theory.
I'm really looking forward to the character sprites!

I'll keep an eye on this project!
I also wanted to add that I can help with proofreading and demo testing! ^^
-gasps- I'm a percussionist in my school's band program! I played cymbals for marching band one year and to be honest it was horrible because I have no muscles ; u ; However, I do play all around so excuse me if in the game I seem to be very percussion-biased, haha. As for Ichirou, since I'm also in my school's drumline, I'm probably going to base him off some of the..er.. interesting guys in my drumline. That's all I'm going to say for now ~

Also, thank you very much for volunteering for proofreading and demo testing! I will PM you when the demo is ready! :)

Current WIP:

khfan12
Regular

#21 Post by khfan12 »

inhalance wrote:-gasps- I'm a percussionist in my school's band program! I played cymbals for marching band one year and to be honest it was horrible because I have no muscles ; u ; However, I do play all around so excuse me if in the game I seem to be very percussion-biased, haha. As for Ichirou, since I'm also in my school's drumline, I'm probably going to base him off some of the..er.. interesting guys in my drumline. That's all I'm going to say for now ~
Haha, there are usually some pretty interesting characters in the percussion lineup xD
Wow, now Ichirou seems all the more interesting xD
inhalance wrote:Also, thank you very much for volunteering for proofreading and demo testing! I will PM you when the demo is ready!
No problem, and okay! ^^
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Projects:

ixWishing
Veteran

#22 Post by ixWishing »

Haha, school bands, ohhh boy!
I'm a clarinet player myself, though currently 'retired' xD (I'm taking a break from my school's band)

I'll be sure to watch this, being an ex-clarinet player ^^.
Since it's based off your experiences, were you a clarinet player too? (And the first seat for symphonic? c: )

Yes! I love GxB VNs lol~ Plus the storyline & 4 seasons part seems interesting!
Yup! I've been a clarinet player since 3rd grade! So that makes me have 7 years of experience? I should learn piano or guitar now lol
I personally say Ichirou Mori, since my freshie band had guys similar to his personality/description xD. Sadly, I had no guy trumpets in my band, so I'm slightly curious about Hayate Sasaki.
Hopefully all details about the instruments & music details are accurate! Will there also be any music playing, like from the band? I mean like, will there be any pieces of music that will be mentioned in the game, and will we be able to hear them play it at concerts, etc?
P.S. I do wish Aki Tanaka was a guy instead, lol! There were a lot of male flute players in my band, and most of them were my friends, so I'm a bit biased haha xD Plus, the whole sidekick thing makes me think of a childhood best friend kind of guy, lol!
- Everlasting Dreams ;

inhalance
Regular

#23 Post by inhalance »

ixWishing wrote:Haha, school bands, ohhh boy!
I'm a clarinet player myself, though currently 'retired' xD (I'm taking a break from my school's band)

I'll be sure to watch this, being an ex-clarinet player ^^.
Since it's based off your experiences, were you a clarinet player too? (And the first seat for symphonic? c: )

Yes! I love GxB VNs lol~ Plus the storyline & 4 seasons part seems interesting!
Yup! I've been a clarinet player since 3rd grade! So that makes me have 7 years of experience? I should learn piano or guitar now lol
I personally say Ichirou Mori, since my freshie band had guys similar to his personality/description xD. Sadly, I had no guy trumpets in my band, so I'm slightly curious about Hayate Sasaki.
Hopefully all details about the instruments & music details are accurate! Will there also be any music playing, like from the band? I mean like, will there be any pieces of music that will be mentioned in the game, and will we be able to hear them play it at concerts, etc?
P.S. I do wish Aki Tanaka was a guy instead, lol! There were a lot of male flute players in my band, and most of them were my friends, so I'm a bit biased haha xD Plus, the whole sidekick thing makes me think of a childhood best friend kind of guy, lol!
Thanks for your comments! :) Actually no, I'm a percussionist, but two of my friends are first chair clarinets in Wind Ensemble at the moment. ^^

Wow, that's really interesting.. my band section is literally full of guy trumpet players, which usually drives off any girls who want to attempt to learn the instrument simply because of their minority, haha.

About the concerts and pieces, the answer is yes! There are going to be two concerts, one in the winter and one in the spring. At each concert, the band will play two pieces. :)

I was thinking about making a guy best friend, which is why I created Hayate. But, I also wanted to have another spunky (girl) friend in the game which is why I included Aki as well. c:

Current WIP:

inhalance
Regular

Re: Seasonal Melody ♬ [GxB|Musical|Otome|Slife]Up. 8/09

#24 Post by inhalance »

Just uploaded Aki's design (just a rough draft, though). More designs to come! ^^

Current WIP:

khfan12
Regular

Re: Seasonal Melody ♬ [GxB|Musical|Otome|Slife]Up. 8/09

#25 Post by khfan12 »

inhalance wrote:Just uploaded Aki's design (just a rough draft, though). More designs to come! ^^
Ooh! :D I like her design so far!!
Can't wait to see more of the character designs!

I really can't wait because I already want to draw fanart for this VN :P
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Projects:

Akitsuki
Veteran
Deviantart: ak-itsuki
Discord: fsalmon#5522

Re: Seasonal Melody ♬ [GxB][Musical|Comedy|Slife]Up. 8/09

#26 Post by Akitsuki »

Okay... I was thinking to drop by and say hi since I'm in charge of the art for this visual novel as well as to greet the others.
So, hi!

sonorousgem
Regular

#27 Post by sonorousgem »

aahhhhhhhh this looks so coooolll!!! XDDDD
1. YES! I love music and I like playing these kinds of games ;)
2. yep! part of the reason I want to play this is because I've been in a marching/concert band throughout high school and I'll be going to band camp for college next week :) Also I've played clarinet :D and piano for a while.
3. I'd have to say Hayate... I mean, most of the trumpet players I know are like your percussionist *cough* cocky and rude *cough*. But I do know someone in real life who's a little like him and I'm interested to see what you'll do with him ;D
4. I don't think so :)

inhalance
Regular

#28 Post by inhalance »

sonorousgem wrote:aahhhhhhhh this looks so coooolll!!! XDDDD
1. YES! I love music and I like playing these kinds of games ;)
2. yep! part of the reason I want to play this is because I've been in a marching/concert band throughout high school and I'll be going to band camp for college next week :) Also I've played clarinet :D and piano for a while.
3. I'd have to say Hayate... I mean, most of the trumpet players I know are like your percussionist *cough* cocky and rude *cough*. But I do know someone in real life who's a little like him and I'm interested to see what you'll do with him ;D
4. I don't think so :)
Thanks for answering the questions! I'm glad to see that you're interested ~
Akitsuki wrote:Okay... I was thinking to drop by and say hi since I'm in charge of the art for this visual novel as well as to greet the others.
So, hi!
Everyone say hello to this project's wonderful artist! Her art will not disappoint, I promise!

Update: Uploaded Daichi's design ^^

Current WIP:

khfan12
Regular

#29 Post by khfan12 »

Akitsuki wrote:Okay... I was thinking to drop by and say hi since I'm in charge of the art for this visual novel as well as to greet the others.
So, hi!
Hi! :D
Image <<My DeviantArt

Kinetic/Visual Novels:
Complete:
Projects:

inhalance
Regular

Re: Seasonal Melody ♬ [GxB][Musical|Comedy|Slife][GUI up]

#30 Post by inhalance »

Hikaru's profile & main screen have been uploaded!

Here are Ichirou and Hayate's profiles!
Attachments
Hayate - Design.jpg
Ichirou - Design.jpg

Current WIP: