Princess Battles [GxB] [card battles] [commercial]

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
rinrin
Veteran
Completed: Several.
Projects: Several.

Princess Battles [GxB] [card battles] [commercial]

#1 Post by rinrin »

Princess Battles is now available on Steam

Princess battles is a visual novel with raising sim themed card battles, a female protagonist and romanceable male characters. You build up stats by doing card battles with other girls. The game is full of rivals, each with her own unique style and each gives you a unique new outfit when you win. Your choices (as well as your card battling skills) influence the outcome and lead to one out of several possible endings.

What's new in the Steam edition:
  • Steam achievements (including 6 completely new ones)
  • Steam trading cards
  • extra stories unlock after certain endings
  • updated graphics
  • a new unlockable minigame
  • some new NPCs
  • minor bug fixes and improvements
  • a Mac version is now available
  • (a German version of the game will be available soon)

Note: the promo video features old (pre-Steam) graphics.

Facebook page: Princess Battles
Official site: Princess Battles
Last edited by rinrin on Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:07 am, edited 7 times in total.

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Re: Princess Battles [GxB] [card battles] [commercial]

#2 Post by ririruetoo »

Oh wow, I remember this from a long time ago. Sadly I don't have any money right now, but is there a demo?
ImageImageImage

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#3 Post by Doomzilla »

Yay! I had a lot of fun with the beta and I've been eagerly waiting for the finished version. This made my day!

rinrin
Veteran

#4 Post by rinrin »

@ririruetoo
There's no demo right now - if we make one, I'll post it here.

@Doomzilla
Happy to hear that!

Elmiwisa
Veteran

#5 Post by Elmiwisa »

I loved the CG, and the concept seems quite intriguing as well. But uh...I still cannot figure out how the game is supposed to be played. I checked the website, the video, and pretty much anything else I can get my hand on, but curiously, it appears that some important details about the game are not at all mentioned. The review are slightly more detailed, and also contains some screenshot in high resolution, but it is still hard to made out what is going on.
So, it's a VN? How importance are the choice we made to the story? Or we have no (real) choice at all and the result are all dependence on what happen during the card battle? How long is the story? How much time is expected of one casual playthrough?
It is also a stats-raising game? What role does the stats play? How complex is the system? Do the story still happen in any significant way in the middle of the stats-raising part of the game, or do the story mainly concentrate at the beginning and the end?
How about the card battle. What are the mechanics? What is the difficulty of the card battle? What type of game is the card battle? How often would these battles happened? What are the role of those battle (beyond win-or-gameover role)?

I guess some of these can be answered easily if there is a demo around, so maybe I should just wait for one.

Doomzilla
Regular
Tumblr: punchysporkk

#6 Post by Doomzilla »

I can try to answer some of those for you. It is definitely a VN, the choices you make are very important. I thought the card battles were easy, fun, and very fast-paced once I got used to them. I usually dislike card games, but even after 5 or so playthroughs I am still enjoying this one. When you win the card battles you get points to allocate as you wish and where you place those points affects your endings and helps you during future card battles. For each win you also get an outfit that you can change into. It's been awhile since I played it without skipping stuff (I got the beta), but I'd guess each route is a couple of hours? That probably varies a lot depending on how quickly you get through the battles. Nothing is terribly complex, I found it all pretty intuitive. There's plenty of story and choice-making all throughout the game, the card battles are scattered throughout it. I'm not really sure how to describe the mechanics, but it's one of those games that's simple to learn but challenging to beat at the higher levels.

Phew, that was a lot of questions. I hope I was helpful. I would summarize the game as a light-hearted VN with an enjoyable card battle system. Also you get to play dress up. I would definitely recommend it, but I understand wanting to try a demo first. =]

rinrin
Veteran

#7 Post by rinrin »

Update:
There is a walkthrough for those who are having difficulties in obtaining specific characters' endings, but be warned it contains some spoilers (as walkthroughs always do).

It also contains an FAQ (scroll to the bottom of that page) about unlocking / collecting etc..

(I also appended the link to the first post)

compositionc

#8 Post by compositionc »

I saw this on tumblr, and I got really excited since I really love the idea of otome and card battles. Unfortunately, I have $0, but congratulations on the release!

distorsion
Regular
Projects: Proofreader for: Alice Hunt, Dragon Souls, Dragon's Blood, NACIRA, Saundersi: Level7

#9 Post by distorsion »

Does this not work on macs? I bought it because it didn't say anything about being a PC only game, but it's in .exe so I can't open it with me mac...
Thank you for all your kindness!
Will proofread (grammar/typos) for hugs!

Mimi_Melody
Veteran

#10 Post by Mimi_Melody »

From what I see on http://www.princess-battles.com/, it says available for windows... (maybe the developers can make a mac version?)

rinrin
Veteran

#11 Post by rinrin »

distorsion wrote:Does this not work on macs? I bought it because it didn't say anything about being a PC only game, but it's in .exe so I can't open it with me mac...
The official site clearly says "Windows PC version", so I assume you bought it from some other site? In that case, please let me know which (if it's an affiliate, I'll let them know and suggest they add more information if needed).

In any case, PM me the name and email you used when buying the game and I'll see what I can do.

redpandastudio
Regular
Completed: Curse of Slate Rock Manor, The Host Holic, Nowhere Safe 1 & 2
Projects: Harvest Festival: All Signs
Organization: VisualNovelGames.com

#12 Post by redpandastudio »

distorsion wrote:Does this not work on macs? I bought it because it didn't say anything about being a PC only game, but it's in .exe so I can't open it with me mac...
You could try using WINE or Boot Camp to play it on your MAC.

KimmyBlue

#13 Post by KimmyBlue »

I have a silly question..

I have an amazon account with 30$ in my account but it's gift cards
I don't have a visa card or anything..is it possible to still purchase the game? because I found an amazon check out option that I tried but it needs a visa card..

sorry if it's a dumb question >.<

rinrin
Veteran

#14 Post by rinrin »

KimmyBlue wrote: I have an amazon account with 30$ in my account but it's gift cards
I don't have a visa card or anything..is it possible to still purchase the game? because I found an amazon check out option that I tried but it needs a visa card..
I'll ask BMT Micro about it.

rinrin
Veteran

#15 Post by rinrin »

They replied a few minutes ago:
Unfortunately, Amazon gift cards can only be used for Amazon items. In order to use the Amazon payment option, they must have a credit card associated with their Amazon account.