What do you hate about yourself?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
silverpikachu99
Veteran
Completed: #Yolo v.s #Swerve (part of worst vn ever)
IRC Nick: silverpikachu99
Tumblr: angelgod2.tumblr.com

Re: What do you hate about yourself?

#16 Post by silverpikachu99 »

The thing I hate the most about me is that i'm kinda closed off. Even if they're my closest friends ever- I still might hide that i'm sad by laughing and smiling all the time. I don't even know why.. It just really pisses me off!!
i'll cry if you yell at me

Tempus
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Ladykiller in a Bind
Projects: StoryDevs
Tumblr: jakebowkett
Deviantart: jakebowkett
Github: jakebowkett

#17 Post by Tempus »

TrickWithAKnife wrote:Nothing. If I disliked something about myself, I'd change it. Seems to be the logical solution.
This, pretty much. I can think of a lot of flaws I have, but I can't change them all at once and there's no sense in hating myself over them. Though like arachni42 said, it's not always as easy as just changing, especially if it's an entrenched habit. I try to think about what makes a habit so hard to change and usually that reveals some insight into a better way to approach it. For example, eat healthier; it's hard to start a new diet because you buy the healthy stuff but there's still all that junk in your fridge which you're not supposed to be eating any more. But if you actually chuck away the ice cream, pizza, etc. (instead of just trying to avoid it) all you're left with is healthy food and it forces you to eat it when you get hungry.

It's like that proverb, "black ink stains black, red ink stains red" (or however it goes): the environment you're in, the people you're around and the media you consume will influence your behaviour. It's part of the reason I almost never watch tv or use social media. I don't want to come to view the latest news as important (which large parts of it simply aren't) or worry about who likes me, etc so I simply avoid it.
StoryDevs — easy-to-search profiles for VN devs (under construction!)

Dream
Regular

#18 Post by Dream »

That i'm not nearly as brave/righteous, diligent, dedicated and hard-working as i would like to be.

KittyKatStar
Veteran

#19 Post by KittyKatStar »

Crippling lack of confidence and low self-esteem. OTZ Makes me anxious whenever I write something that'll eventually be released to the public and probably get shredded. T_T I can't even handle *praise*, I get anxiety attacks from reading feedback whether positive or negative. I just wish I was better at dealing with it.

And of course the fear I'm bringing everyone down with my lack of abilities, and being the weakest link. And that no one will want to work with me again because I'm a bundle of unskilled nerves and not fun to have around. =,D

Kami
Regular
Deviantart: sevowen
Github: KamiShepard

#20 Post by Kami »

I hate my inability to stick with uninteresting but beneficial plans.
Programming: C/C++, Java, PHP, SQL, Pyhon, JavaScrip, XHTML, CSS
AniVita Games | DeviantArt
Honest Critique

hikaa212
Regular
Projects: Distant Dream

#21 Post by hikaa212 »

silverpikachu99 wrote:The thing I hate the most about me is that i'm kinda closed off. Even if they're my closest friends ever- I still might hide that i'm sad by laughing and smiling all the time. I don't even know why.. It just really pisses me off!!
Me too! :? I guess it's just that I dislike being comforted by others eventhough I always listen and help other people's problem. :(

and also, I tend to get distracted a lot haha xD
"I hope that all of the choices I've made while wandering through the darkness might give everyone a ray of Light." - Kotarou Tennouji, Rewrite.

tumblr | a blog about games
I'm useless, haha.

Rinima
Eileen-Class Veteran
Projects: WtRF
Organization: Harmonic Dreams
IRC Nick: Rinima or Charlie
Deviantart: Emlindes

#22 Post by Rinima »

My annoyance. I really am incredibly annoying.
Pronouns: They/them or He/him

rock_an9el
Regular
Completed: Midnight's Cafe, Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: Hush hush
Organization: Hidden Masquerade
Tumblr: hidden-masquerade

#23 Post by rock_an9el »

Hmmm... I hate my lack of confidence. Sure, I don't appear that way on first sight, but... Trust me, it's there (or should I say it's not?). I wish I could fix that (and I'm working on it as much as I can) but it's just so damn hard!
That's partly why I haven't gotten anything done. I love writing, yet I can't seem to finish my story cause I'm not confident enough that it will be good enough. I love to sing, but I don't sing out loud because I think my voice is not good enough. I love drawing, but I don't share my art because I think I'm just a plain beginner.
Gahh, I must say that is killing me, but I can't help it... I can only continue fighting against it, i guess? :/

Oh, and I also hate how my face gets all red when I feel a bit uncomfortable. But I hate the first thing more XD
Other than that, I'm pretty good with myself. :)
Image Image Image

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#24 Post by azureXtwilight »

I can't say no to people, because I'm too afraid that they will somehow get disappointed in me and start to drift away. I guess you can call that being insecure.

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine

#25 Post by Didules »

To my friends, I am someone who never take thing seriously, it's fun being around me because I joke all the time. I like seeing them laugh, I think it's great that I can make them smile. They are happy being my friends (at least I hope) and as friends.
I wish I could be more honest with them, stop smiling when I don't want to and stop taking everything as a joke to make them laugh. I feel indeed really lonely and sad, lonely because I never tell what I think, sad because by this attitude I think I hurt some people. I regret hurting them, but I couldn't be honest with them, I really couldn't. I've hidden my true feelings for such a long time, it's now natural for me to hide it, and I ended up hurting them on pure reflex...
The worst part is that I don't think I can change. The main reason why would be because I don't think my friends would like the real me since I'm quite different drom what I usually show. I don't feel like telling the truth because I think I'm quite an annoying and complicated person. I'd rather lie to them in a way that would make them laugh than be honest and (maybe?) more happy. I dislike this part of me.

rock_an9el
Regular
Completed: Midnight's Cafe, Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: Hush hush

#26 Post by rock_an9el »

@Didules
Umm, this may be just my opinion, but... Anyone can change, if they try hard enough. So don't give up, but give it your best shot!

And, are you sure that they are your friends...? Cause, if you have to pretend in front of them, then something must be wrong... You know, having at least one person in front of which we can be ourselves is worth more than having a hundred people that see only our mask. I have that one friend, and I don't feel sad or bad at all... So if they truly are your friends, they will accept you for who you really are.

And agreed, I love to make my friends smile too by goofing around. But... If I'm not me, then I won't be happy...

Sorry, I just felt the need to comment this, I hope you don't mind ^_^ But I also hope you understand what I'm trying to say.. So good luck with finding a solution for this!
Image Image Image

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Escaping Sorrow
Projects: Crisis Beat,Lynarsia-The Broken Song

#27 Post by Fenrir34 »

I hate how weird and controlling I can be. I'm trying to change that but it's hard. Also I hate about how shy I am and sometimes how I look. In fact I could list more but I'm trying to gain a little bit more confidence ahah -_-.....

I also hate how I take things to seriously. It's not only because my sign is a cancer but also part of my personality. I tell people to be careful what they say to me because I take things the wrong way sometimes. I gotta change that trait but it's hard :?

Also, sometimes I'm paranoid. That's more of a sickness...Hope I don't go crazy... :cry:

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Fenrir34 »

azureXtwilight wrote:I can't say no to people, because I'm too afraid that they will somehow get disappointed in me and start to drift away. I guess you can call that being insecure.

That's something I go through as well... I can't say no either and when people get disappointed in me I kind of crawl back in my hole.....It really sucks when people are mad at me, even when I'm just trying to help :(
Also, I apologize to much for doing something right like getting a goal....I don't it as much as I did as a kid but still it's a little frustrating...

Didules
Veteran
Completed: Sophie, Midnight's Café, The Phantom of the Hospital
Projects: SchizoValentine

#29 Post by Didules »

@ rock_an9el:
I don't mind, don't worry! Indeed, I feel like I should thank you instead ^^
You are right, I will at least try something with my friends, since I don't want to stay in this state of mind forever!! I already tried in the past, but most of them were surprised at how cynical I could be =.=" the fact is I am depressed all the time, but maybe it is due to the fact that I never opened up to anyone? So if I talk about it to my friends, owuld I get less depressed? Then would they be less surprised by the difference? Who I am truly? Is this depressed me a part of my personnality or is it only a temporary thing? Your comment made me think about tons of things, and I think I may find a way to solve this one day or the other, so thanks a lot!! :) Your words made my day somehow!

@Fenrir: apologizing for everything, I did that too before! But then, I realised since it was a reflex, it lacked sense and I felt like my apologizes lost their meaning... I understand how frustrating it is, and I hope you can overcome this (that is, if you want to, of course). Also, I don't think taking everything seriously is a bad thing, there are times when it will really help you to catch some opportunities, but I guess how hard it could be (I tend to do the contrary, I wonder if we would get along XD). I wish you good luck!

Fenrir34
Miko-Class Veteran

#30 Post by Fenrir34 »

Didules wrote:@ rock_an9el:
I don't mind, don't worry! Indeed, I feel like I should thank you instead ^^
You are right, I will at least try something with my friends, since I don't want to stay in this state of mind forever!! I already tried in the past, but most of them were surprised at how cynical I could be =.=" the fact is I am depressed all the time, but maybe it is due to the fact that I never opened up to anyone? So if I talk about it to my friends, owuld I get less depressed? Then would they be less surprised by the difference? Who I am truly? Is this depressed me a part of my personnality or is it only a temporary thing? Your comment made me think about tons of things, and I think I may find a way to solve this one day or the other, so thanks a lot!! :) Your words made my day somehow!

@Fenrir: apologizing for everything, I did that too before! But then, I realised since it was a reflex, it lacked sense and I felt like my apologizes lost their meaning... I understand how frustrating it is, and I hope you can overcome this (that is, if you want to, of course). Also, I don't think taking everything seriously is a bad thing, there are times when it will really help you to catch some opportunities, but I guess how hard it could be (I tend to do the contrary, I wonder if we would get along XD). I wish you good luck!
Thank you for the advice Didules. :D And I want to stop saying it so much. Still it's nice to tell people it if they think you did something wrong, though you didn't